U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 26 days ago)

10,317 posts, read 10,468,319 times

Advertisements

More on the CSU stadium proposal:

Colorado State's new football stadium could lose money, report says - The Denver Post

That is just one perspective, and though the individual who did the study claims to be unbiased, it IS worth noting that he was hired by those who are opposed to the new stadium going forward.

Meanwhile we eagerly await tomorrow's action. The Rams take on Air Force and the Buffs welcome the UCLA Bruins to Boulder. I think the Rams have a fighting chance against the Falcons but will probably fall short. The Buffs...well the smart money is on the Bruins. But it was on the Cougars last week, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I guess what I appreciated most about the win by the Buffs last week is that the team never quit fighting. If they keep that attitude throughout the season, even when things are down, good things will happen sooner or later.

Go Buffs!

Last edited by iknowftbll; 09-28-2012 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 PM

By the way, I think it is worth mentioning that the University of Colorado has been looking at stadium upgrades to Folsom as well. With their move to the PAC-12, the revenue stream is much deeper now, and the school is already looking at ways to enhance athletic facilities in order to keep their programs competitive. This may not be the same scale as what Colorado State envisions for their stadium, but it is still an ambitious vision, nonetheless.

Here is a series of articles on the University of Colorado's stadium upgrades:

Football: University of Colorado brass has grand plans for Folsom Field renovation - Boulder Daily Camera

Football: Facilities upgrades need major boost from donors - Boulder Daily Camera

Upgrades may yield success Okla. St. football reached new heights after facilities improvements - Colorado Daily

Part 3 of this series is where the demand is really driven home. In the NCAA, facilities are directly tied to a program's ability to compete. Folsom is not a dump by any means, it's actually a pretty cool stadium. But the facility is not at PAC-12 levels, especially considering they now share space with the Oregon Ducks and their seemingly bottomless pit of horrific looking uniforms. It is time to upgrade the facilities on the campus there in Boulder. The health and competitiveness of the program depends on it.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:27 PM

Well, the next chapter of the Rocky Mountain Showdown is upon us. After some stellar football from both the Rams and Buffs last season, this one is certain to fill the house, so I hope you already have your tickets! Oh, wait a second...are these the same Buffs that went 1-11 last season? The same Rams team that finished 4-8?

How do we even get excited for this game? As a Colorado grad, I can say I'll be surprised if the Buffs finish 3-9 this season. Still as a Colorado grad, I'll follow the team through every gruesome loss and stick with it until the bitter end.

This game is one of the few "winnable" games on the Buffs schedule. When you finish 1-11 the season prior, it's really hard to call any game winnable, but I'll give the new regime the benefit of the doubt. I'll say Colorado 27, Colorado State, 24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado