U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 910 times

Advertisements

Hey there, Steel City residents! I have been scouring these forums for some information pertaining to life in Pueblo and have not come across what I am specifically seeking.

I am looking to relocate to Pueblo from Colorado Springs. I dig the laid back, smaller town vibe that I get when visiting Pueblo...my family and I have lived in several larger cities (including Denver and Las Vegas) and aren't interested in that atmosphere at this time.

I am a photographer and will continue to work in the Springs occasionally and I also do freelance traveling throughout the United States; my husband also works in Colorado Springs so the job picture is not of much concern at this time.

Our child is currently enrolled in an amazing charter school in Colorado Springs so we will definitely have to commute, which is not really a problem.

A 30 minute commute is on par with how long it takes some people we know to drive from Briargate to Ft. Carson everyday so, eh. It is so easy to get around Pueblo!

We are needing to purchase a home because it is super hard for us to find rentals with our 3 large dogs that are considered aggressive breeds (two 100+ lb German Shepherds and a Pitbull).

We need a fairly large home and the cost of housing in Pueblo is ideal. We like historic homes (we currently live on the Westside of CS if that helps at all) and I am trying to figure out the names of neighborhoods to better facilitate our search. I have found several charming victorian homes in the State Park/Bessemer areas but I have read in several posts to stay away from Bessemer. I am wondering what is up with Bessemer? Is it crime? Run down? And where specifically is considered Bessemer?

I have found some homes in the Central area as well...what is that area like? North of downtown is nice by the park and such for historic homes but seems sort of limited. We just aren't interested in the super suburban experience that Pueblo West seems to be offering.

Any feedback you can offer would be incredibly appreciated! Thanks very much!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-04-2012 at 11:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,355,007 times
I missed this post for sonereason.

Central part of downtown by Mineral Palace Park and Parkview Medical Center is your best bet in my opinion. It's rated as one of the best historic neighborhoods in the nation and the best in Colorado. The houses there are great and not to expensive. Plus it has easy access to the interstate. Bessemer, while not the worse part of town, is not a area I would reccomand Altough there are some nice houses there. The reason is the crime and while I work there and have no problem driving in the area it's just a part of town I would want to live in. Another part of town that has nice historic houses is by Pueblo Central high school and Orman Ave. I would live in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or