U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 PM

9,817 posts, read 19,058,676 times

Advertisements

Vail and Breckenridge are reopening this weekend which I have never seen before and the phones are ringing off the hook booking reservations from around the country. Vail has gotten 5 feet of snow in the past 2 weeks. My relatives and friends have snow drifts a few feet thick around their houses. Vail Pass also got closed due to avalanches.

The rest of Colorado is getting hammered really good with more to come, so we're saved!! We're saved!

Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 AM

16,193 posts, read 20,227,013 times
Believe it or not! It has been snowing in Mesa County since midnight. At my place there is three inches of snow on the ground and the wind is blowing about 20-25 m.p.h. Believe it or not. Denver is sure to get hammered but good this afternoon.

The one thing that concerns me is the fruit growers. They really have their work cut out for them with hard freezes predicted for tonight and tomorrow night.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:18 AM

7,756 posts, read 16,481,319 times
There was already about 2 inches of snow on the non paved surfaces when I went to bed around 11:30 last nite. Currently 5 or 6, but the roads are bare. I think this is the biggest snowfall of the entire winter in Grand Junction...at least at my house.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:28 AM

10,596 posts, read 11,689,429 times
Three inches of snow here, still heavy blowing snow. Winter Storm Warning today and Freeze Warning tonight.

A wintry storm system will continue to sweep slowly eastward across the region today...lingering into the evening hours. Cold air associated with this system had brought snow to the lowest valleys early this morning and will continue to generate snow over much of the region through the day. A number of winter weather highlights are in place across eastern Utah and western Colorado today and this evening. Details are available at weather.gov/gjt. Temperatures will sink to near record values across the region tonight with a hard freeze expected in the lower valleys threatening tender vegetation and fruit trees. Temperatures will moderate going into the weekend, however a pair of weaker storms will impact the area Friday night through Saturday night and again Sunday night through Tuesday.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:17 AM

20,354 posts, read 37,885,022 times
Tuesday was a nothing day here on the far north end of COLO SPGS, near the USAF Stadium, aka Exit 153 on I-25; just windy.

Today I got up to +27F, heavy gray overcast and frozen drizzle on the lawn. I slipped but did not fall on icy paver stones when I went outside to chase a woodpecker away from hammering on the rain gutter - sounded like an impact drill chipping away at something, woke up the wife (a serious offense in this establishment). Started snowing here at 9:15AM and lawn is now white with snow. Forecast is for snow all day.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:24 PM

6,056 posts, read 7,986,116 times
Snowing here in Denver...I guess this is a typical April and last year when it was warm starting in March was a fluke? This endless winter is really wearing on me. I don't think I'll be here next winter.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:39 PM
gn3

147 posts, read 359,045 times
About 2 inches of snow on the ground here in north-central Springs and still coming down fast. The snow looks really light and fluffy, though, so probably not a great deal of moisture. Oh well, we'll take it.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
gn3

147 posts, read 359,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Snowing here in Denver...I guess this is a typical April and last year when it was warm starting in March was a fluke? This endless winter is really wearing on me. I don't think I'll be here next winter.
At least here in Springs, April is generally pleasant, but it almost always turns wintry at least once or twice before deciding to really be Spring.

Last year's warm and dry Spring was an unusual one - unwelcomely so, I might add. Look what followed that.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
20,902 posts, read 37,617,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Come to the PNW I'll trade ya! and you don't have to shovel 280 days of drizzle, .
but.... PLENTY of water for 10 months / yr, and HUGE Wildfire danger for 2 months / yr. (WA is Home of most vigorous WILD FIRES in USA history)

My COLORADO homestead (ranch) was burnt out last yr in High Fire.

But... We (PNW) don't have 'EVER-BROWN" forests (yet)

Glad you're getting some moisture, but 15-18F in March IS really gonna be tough on fruit growers. They might be selling 'peach' firewood next yr to pay their farm loans. Gotta be tough on Lambs and Calves too... I'm GLAD I'm not out there today rescuing the young'ns as I did for my first 25 yrs....

Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM

6,056 posts, read 7,986,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Come to the PNW I'll trade ya! and you don't have to shovel 280 days of drizzle, .
but.... PLENTY of water for 10 months / yr, and HUGE Wildfire danger for 2 months / yr. (WA is Home of most vigorous WILD FIRES in USA history)

My COLORADO homestead (ranch) was burnt out last yr in High Fire.

But... We (PNW) don't have 'EVER-BROWN" forests (yet)

Glad you're getting some moisture, but 15-18F in March IS really gonna be tough on fruit growers. They might be selling 'peach' firewood next yr to pay their farm loans. Gotta be tough on Lambs and Calves too... I'm GLAD I'm not out there today rescuing the young'ns as I did for my first 25 yrs....
Heck no!! I don't want all that rain either. I am still searching for my perfect place. Probably doesn't exist lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado