U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Status: "Not politically correct" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Western Colorado
10,645 posts, read 11,736,372 times
Reputation: 24441

Advertisements

Light snow and fog, most of the 6" of snow earlier has melted off. Good to have the moisture. And, of course, people here are complaining about the snow.

 
Old 04-17-2013, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
21,189 posts, read 15,358,896 times
Reputation: 11851
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Snowing here in Denver...I guess this is a typical April and last year when it was warm starting in March was a fluke? This endless winter is really wearing on me. I don't think I'll be here next winter.
Having spent the last five spring seasons in southern New Mexico, I have to say this is the absolute pits. I feel completely trapped by the icy sidewalks, streets that never get plowed and unrelenting grey skies.

What few poor flowers I had growing froze last week. I cannot imagine what it must be like for people who depend on the sun and warmth for their livelihoods.

Still don't understand all this talk about water, we need water, with the excessive acres of grass everywhere.

Seems like a real disconnect somewhere.
 
Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 PM
 
129 posts, read 211,450 times
Reputation: 143
If anyone thinks this has been a bad winter, go anywhere east / north and you'll be back in no time.

I sure wouldn't mind some stability but its been hardly unrelenting grey compared to the 7 months of grey I used to see in Chicago / Buffalo.
 
Old 04-17-2013, 04:31 PM
 
8,317 posts, read 25,193,673 times
Reputation: 9067
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Having spent the last five spring seasons in southern New Mexico, I have to say this is the absolute pits. I feel completely trapped by the icy sidewalks, streets that never get plowed and unrelenting grey skies.

Still don't understand all this talk about water, we need water, with the excessive acres of grass everywhere.

Seems like a real disconnect somewhere.
There IS a real disconnect between metropolitan water users and the increasingly grave overall Colorado water situation. Far too many of them believe that everyone else should have to cut their water usage, but not them.

As to the spring weather this year, it is pretty much the typical weather in a Colorado spring--capricious and highly variable, seemingly lurching between winter to summer and back again. That's the norm. It is also why many native and long-time Coloradans choose to take their vacation to somewhere else in March or April--they know what spring is usually like here.
 
Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Status: "Not politically correct" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Western Colorado
10,645 posts, read 11,736,372 times
Reputation: 24441
Mud season...
 
Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,106 posts, read 20,428,458 times
Reputation: 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
There IS a real disconnect between metropolitan water users and the increasingly grave overall Colorado water situation. Far too many of them believe that everyone else should have to cut their water usage, but not them.

As to the spring weather this year, it is pretty much the typical weather in a Colorado spring--capricious and highly variable, seemingly lurching between winter to summer and back again. That's the norm. It is also why many native and long-time Coloradans choose to take their vacation to somewhere else in March or April--they know what spring is usually like here.
I am one of those people on a trip but I admit I'm looking at the snow in Pueblo and missing it.
 
Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 AM
 
Location: The 719
13,749 posts, read 21,602,767 times
Reputation: 13341
It's snowing because you're not here Ha Ha!
 
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,756 posts, read 16,504,006 times
Reputation: 9292
strawberrykiki wrote: Heck no!! I don't want all that rain either. I am still searching for my perfect place. Probably doesn't exist lol

Must be rather frustrating to be looking for your perfect place that probably doesn't exist, even in your own mind. The skeptics way of viewing the world goes like this....I'll believe it when I see it, whereas the optimist thinks....I'll see it when I believe it.
 
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,106 posts, read 20,428,458 times
Reputation: 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
It's snowing because you're not here Ha Ha!
So true.
 
Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
 
Location: On the corner of Grey Street
6,056 posts, read 8,005,887 times
Reputation: 11450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
strawberrykiki wrote: Heck no!! I don't want all that rain either. I am still searching for my perfect place. Probably doesn't exist lol

Must be rather frustrating to be looking for your perfect place that probably doesn't exist, even in your own mind. The skeptics way of viewing the world goes like this....I'll believe it when I see it, whereas the optimist thinks....I'll see it when I believe it.
My only point was no place has perfect weather all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top