Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 04:41 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Trees are budding out here.
I have not seen that in Pueblo but I did turn my central air on last night and have a feeling it will be going on once I get home today as its in the low 80's in downtown.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:15 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Denver set a record at 76º today.

Denver weather: Friday temperature sets record high

Quote:
Denver's high temperature moved into record territory Friday as the mercury hit 76 degrees at Denver International Airport shortly before 3 p.m.

The National Weather Service forecast had called for a high of 75 degrees Friday in the city, which would tie the record 75-degree mark for March 15 set in 1877. . . .

Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Boulder and Longmont also had record highs today.

Boulder shatters record with 76-degree high Friday

Quote:
Friday was officially Boulder's hottest March 15 on record, with a high of 76 degrees.

The previous record high for the date was 71 degrees, set in 1966 and 2012, said meteorologist Matt Kelsch. Friday was the first time Boulder reached 76 degrees since Oct. 23.

"We were expecting a record high, but I didn't think we'd do it by that much," Kelsch said.

The temperature in Longmont reached 79 degrees, one degree higher than the previous record, set in 2003. . .

Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
jazzlover wrote: Get this right: 80° in March does happen sometimes, wet year or dry. BUT, when you have early warm weather beginning to melt an already very low snowpack in the second year of a very serious drought, THAT is something to be very concerned about. I just spoke with a major West Slope ditch company yesterday. They are already implementing "emergency" measures with their water supplies and they haven't even begun to turn water into the canals yet. Yes, it is that bad. And, nothing, save precipitaiton of near Biblical proportions, is going to save us from what may be the worst water year in many decades in Colorado--that at a time when the state's overgrown population--and the overpopulated states downstream from Colorado--are demanding more water than ever.

I have no argument with anything you said in the quote above. However, not a word of it provides any rational reason not to enjoy a beautiful day.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,473,840 times
[quote=CosmicWizard;28689433I have no argument with anything you said in the quote above. However, not a word of it provides any rational reason not to enjoy a beautiful day.[/QUOTE]

Knowing our very precarious water situation, a cold day with a heavy snowfall or rainfall would be far more "enjoyable" for me. Not that I didn't enjoy my walk in today's 70+ temperatures, but I know that we'll be paying for that later this summer because we're not getting moisture now.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Two storm systems will bring a variety of hazardous weather to
eastern utah and western colorado this weekend.

The first storm will pass on saturday. Snow levels will be high
around 8000 to 9000 feet in the afternoon. A few afternoon
thunderstorms may produce local heavy showers and gusty winds
along with dangerous lightning. Mountain snow accumulations of up
to 4 inches are expected by late saturday night. Locally higher
amounts are possible.

After a break saturday night...the second storm system passes on
sunday. This storm is stronger and colder. Snow levels will range
from 7000 to 9000 feet from north to south...then drop through
the afternoon and evening. Strong winds through the day and
evening will produce areas of blowing snow in the mountains. Snow
accumulations of up to 6 inches are possible favoring the northern
mountains.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:59 AM

802 posts, read 984,230 times
traditional water rationing does not seem to be working, as population continues to shift towards drought-stricken areas. do we need new approaches, both upstream and downstream? will farming and ranching have to be sacrificed so the cities can survive? will it be left to politics and money to figure it out or can "the people" lead the way somehow? looking for new ideas...

Old 03-16-2013, 09:22 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Nice steady rainfall now, hope it does this all weekend.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:05 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Nice steady rainfall now, hope it does this all weekend.
Send some of it my way, would ya Jim?

Old 03-16-2013, 10:06 AM

122 posts, read 209,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Knowing our very precarious water situation, a cold day with a heavy snowfall or rainfall would be far more "enjoyable" for me. Not that I didn't enjoy my walk in today's 70+ temperatures, but I know that we'll be paying for that later this summer because we're not getting moisture now.
Everyone here knows that you're not exactly Mr. Sunshine on the subject of anything related to Colorado (realism =/= pessimism) but all the same, I have more respect for you than perhaps any other member here due to the wealth of information in your posts, not to mention that I've recently been coming to terms with how true the points you try to communicate often are, buried deep in doom & gloom though they may be.

Which is why I'm requesting your thoughts on something: In the event that we experience water shortages, in all likelihood priority will go to the Front Range - at the expense of the ski resorts and the state/national parks. Viewed in conjunction with the precarious wildfire situation, what do you think will happen do to the skiing and outdoor recreation industries that this state so very much depends upon? In extension, how will it impact the Front Range's economy during this current trend of rising real estate prices and dwindling-to-near-zero rental vacancies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado