U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,259 times

Advertisements

My husband is getting relocated to Colorado and will have offices in both Denver and Bolder and would need to fly about once a month. We are moving from Minneapolis near the lakes and looking for suggestions on neighborhoods for both places,as well as suggestions on Boulder vs Denver. We will be moving with a baby and from what I've researched it would be private school in Denver but Boulder public. Does anyone have recommended elementary schools? Recommended mom's clubs? We are thinking around 800k for a house. My Denver neighborhood research makes it sound as if Washington park and area might be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,266 times
I have lived in Boulder and moved to Washington Park 4 years ago, and I have to tell you, these are two very different cities....Boulder's drive from DIA, in the winter with snow.. could be over 50 min.... (I have done this drive in the winter many times...not fun) Washington Park is still 30 min from DIA but easier drive, specially in the winter- also, Wash Park is one of Denver's most popular areas for young, professional families with 10 minute commute to downtown and easy access to the interstate 25- What characteristics in the neighboorhood are important to you and ur family? Close to the City /open space/ Mom's community?...It will help in making a decision- (not an easy one good luck!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 PM

2,463 posts, read 3,297,233 times
Washington Park is very urban feeling and to me seems crowded. But it is a very desirable area. Boulder is also desirable but you don't always get alot of home for your money. An in between area is Broomfield/Westminster. If your looking for a new home then there are a couple of good options in your price range. The first is Huntington Trails. It has trail access right to a lake for exercise. There are lots of fish in the lake (used to be a stocked fishing club lake), birds and other wildlife like coyotes. We saw an owl just the other day. Here is a link to one of the custom builders for that neighborhood (their web site says only homes above $900 but that was before 2008 - they are selling less expensive ones now).

CSI Construction

This developer is also building in the custom home section although their web site talks about another section with homes from $500K.
Sopris Homes - Sanctuary at Huntington Trails, Westminster, CO

On site there is a custom home center where I think one more builder is shown although there are a couple of others building there.

Another option is Toll Brothers at The Preserves at McKay Shores.
Toll Brothers - The Preserve at McKay Shores

Both these neighborhoods are around the same lake. CO lakes won't be anything like what your used to because we are a dry arid climate. But it is pretty for what it is. There are many trails around the area. Also both neighborhoods have good walking access to restaurants. The Orchard Town Center which is walking distance from Huntington has free concerts in the summer, movie theaters, restaurants and nice shopping. The Preserve has great walking access to a baseball field, soccer field, grocery store and restaurants. You can also walk to the Orchard Town center from the Preserve but it might be an easier bike ride.

They both feed into Meridian Elementary in McKay.
Meridian Elementary School - Broomfield, Colorado - CO - School overview

McKay is also an area of very nice homes and is very pleasant to walk through.
COhomefinder | Mckay Landing Broomfield Colorado For Sale and Sold Real Estate Listings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or