Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 07:56 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,075 times

Advertisements

https://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-pla...e-in-colorado/

they say they used science ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 08:24 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Science! Another list...I guess for those people who write lists if it's not a city of 2 million with a Starbucks on every corner it's not worth living there.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:07 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
S C I E N C E !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIMvSp01C8
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:08 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
Some of their “desirable traits” are completely subjective. For example, not all people like high population density, a.k.a. crowding/densepacking/sardinecanning. And I don’t need external direction to find lots of things to do.

I guess he considers scientific = matches HIS desirable city traits, LOL.

Good education
Lots of jobs
Low crime
Low poverty
Nice homes
High incomes
High population density (Lots of things to do)
Short work commutes
Health insurance

Old 12-26-2017, 09:15 AM

6,822 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Love that Mike! And yeah it is very subjective, pikabike - for example - the high incomes - that can be good, but it can also mean a lot of people can't afford to live there, too as that tends to go with higher rents/home prices etc.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:16 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Roadsnacks is about as objective as Fox News and MSNBC. I'd put Craig near the top of that list yet it's nowhere to be found.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:19 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Roadsnacks is about as objective as Fox News and MSNBC. I'd put Craig near the top of that list yet it's nowhere to be found.
I have to reluctantly agree about Craig, based on my ONE visit there. And even then, I remember somethng very nice about the surroundings. However, The Scientific List does not include natural assets, only volatile manmade ones. If the criteria included natural assets, it would be a very different list of towns indeed.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:25 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Love that Mike! And yeah it is very subjective, pikabike - for example - the high incomes - that can be good, but it can also mean a lot of people can't afford to live there, too as that tends to go with higher rents/home prices etc.
Thank you. Wife and I still shout that word to each other every so often, even after all these years .... always gets a laugh out of her...

I'm a poor boy from west Baltimore and I'd find living in a truly "high income" area to be a 'worst' from my perspective .... all those precious and pretentious rich types from wherever invading Telluride or Aspen or Pueblo would ruin those places for me .... I want my solid middle class world to live in, not Oprah's, not Bieber's, not Kartrashians' .... tooling around Aspen in a Bentley with Blizzacks isn't my idea of cool or sophisticated ....

Calling the Apostrophe Police .... Calling the Apostrophe Police .... did I get it right?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:35 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
I have to reluctantly agree about Craig, based on my ONE visit there. And even then, I remember somethng very nice about the surroundings. However, The Scientific List does not include natural assets, only volatile manmade ones. If the criteria included natural assets, it would be a very different list of towns indeed.
I grew up there and most of my family still lives there. It's a depressing little town and it's only getting worse. The schools are terrible. The economy is almost completely dependent on coal. When the power plant goes off-line in the next 15-20 years Craig will likely suffer a total economic collapse.

They're actually going through a significant downturn right now - ironically caused by the run-up in house prices triggering reductions in property tax rates. They announced they're closing East Elementary because of dwindling enrollment and they can't afford to keep it open, and they came thisclose to mothballing the wave pool because of the budget crisis.

On top of all that, meth and opioid abuse are rampant.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:45 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
This list is goofy to include Pueblo.

Good education

CSU Pueblo and PCC. Sure dist 60 has issues but dist 70 does not.

Lots of jobs

The employment rate is lower then the national average.

Low crime

Crime can be a issue depending on what part of the city you live in but its mostly petty theft

Low poverty

Again depends on the side of town.

Nice homes

We have that. In fact my house is as nice as any house I see in Colorado Springs or Denver and looks like a 60's tastic ranch style house you would find in Palm Springs CA.

High incomes

Ok we do not hve this but Pueblo is always in the top 10 most affordable places to live in the nation.

High population density (Lots of things to do)

Pueblo has a thriving art scene and movies and plenty of restaurants with no traffic.

Short work commutes

Very short.

Health insurance

Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado