U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:36 PM

7,754 posts, read 16,447,829 times

Advertisements

Josseppie wrote: Personally I am going to watch the debate(s) then decide who to vote for between the two main candidates. As of now I am still undecided.

You are one of the few who have not yet made up their minds. The whole show for the reat of the way is to sway you and the few other voters like you. I would never vote for Romney, and I'm ashamed to admit that I might vote for Obama, only because I see him as the slighly lesser evil of the two evils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 05:54 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,344,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Josseppie wrote: Personally I am going to watch the debate(s) then decide who to vote for between the two main candidates. As of now I am still undecided.

You are one of the few who have not yet made up their minds. The whole show for the reat of the way is to sway you and the few other voters like you. I would never vote for Romney, and I'm ashamed to admit that I might vote for Obama, only because I see him as the slighly lesser evil of the two evils.
With how close the polls are it wont take much of a change to put Colorado in the Obama category or Romney category. That is why both of them have been in the state. So ya technically it might only be a few point difference but it could be the few that make the difference.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:09 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,134,200 times
Roseanne Barr will be on the ballot.

She is the Peace and Freedom party candidate.

Her running mate is Cindy Sheehan.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Roseanne Barr will be on the ballot.

She is the Peace and Freedom party candidate.

Her running mate is Cindy Sheehan.
Why not? She won't win but she can say she ran for president.......

Old 09-28-2012, 06:40 PM

2,533 posts, read 5,816,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Why not? She won't win but she can say she ran for president.......
And, it would be a vote for "anyone but," which is apparently Eddyline's (OP) goal.

Let's all of us Coloradans hope that he realizes how lucky he is - he now lives in a state where he doesn't have to figure out whether or not he can "Write in."

There are plenty of choices, officially on the ballot, that will let him vote for "I don't want either of those two."

Old 09-28-2012, 07:34 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,094,726 times
Thanks everyone. If I vote for Obama, its really just a vote AGAINST Romney.
I guess if I was in a state with just the two on the ballot, I could write in, "None of the Above".
Our two party system has me frustrated.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM

3,108 posts, read 4,658,992 times
I actually have a brilliant plan to steal the election.

Step 1: Change name from davidv to "None Of These" (Pronounced NO-nay Off TEE-see)
Step 2: Found the "Because the candidates are idiots" Party
Step 3: Get on the ballot. It will read: "None Of These Because the Candidates are Idiots"
Step 4: Write my acceptance speech.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 AM

3,757 posts, read 4,397,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Eddyline wrote: Understand, but I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.
With our electoral college set up most votes don't count anyway.

I'm with you Eddy. I hate to admit it, but I'm likley to go the route of voting for Obama the lessor of two evils, by the very slightest of margins. With the country so evenly divided, we gotta get rid of that electoral college crap or we could end up with yet another president who gets less of the popular votes than the losing candidate. And that didn't work out so well the last time around.
It amazes me how many people from smaller states want to get rid of the electoral college, it was put into place to protect smaller states from one area dominating the politics and direction of the country. Without the electoral college the east and west coast would 100% dominate the election, giving no incentive to the politicians provide any more the the minimum to the interior states of the country.

For a better idea go talk to all the people on the western slope of Colorado, where they struggle for road money among many other things that the state readily provides to the front range, the reason is that the governor can get elected 100% by the front range, and there is enough of a population along the front range to also control the house, meaning 1 of the 3 parts of the lawmaking branches of the government have any power in the struggle to help the poorer areas of the state.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:10 PM

1,101 posts, read 920,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
As long as you realize that he has no chance of winning and no one will notice then I say go for it. Personally I am going to watch the debate(s) then decide who to vote for between the two main candidates. As of now I am still undecided.

Speaking of debates, ans this is a little off topic but not my much, but people reading this in Denver or going to Denver this Wednesday during the debate plan for traffic as I-25 will be closed by DU from 5 pm till 10 pm. Traffic in the Denver area should be a nightmare.
The idea that no one will notice is not entirely correct. I will not be voting for Obamney either, for many of the same reasons as the OP. Chief among them- so I can live with myself. I will know who I gave my support to, and that is reason enough not to give my vote to either of the republicrat candidates. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil, and I cannot allow myself to offer support, tacit or otherwise to it. Just how I am. I do understand those who continue to do so, however, and do not blame them. Just wish enough would see it for what it really is, and change it.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
It amazes me how many people from smaller states want to get rid of the electoral college, it was put into place to protect smaller states from one area dominating the politics and direction of the country. Without the electoral college the east and west coast would 100% dominate the election, giving no incentive to the politicians provide any more the the minimum to the interior states of the country.

For a better idea go talk to all the people on the western slope of Colorado, where they struggle for road money among many other things that the state readily provides to the front range, the reason is that the governor can get elected 100% by the front range, and there is enough of a population along the front range to also control the house, meaning 1 of the 3 parts of the lawmaking branches of the government have any power in the struggle to help the poorer areas of the state.
This is so true. Colorado does not realize how much the electoral college really helps us have national political power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or