U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,102 posts, read 20,368,837 times
Reputation: 4132

Advertisements

I really liked the debate last night and I think it gave us the vision they both have on how they want to fix the economy. Based on what I saw I am going to vote for Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM
 
874 posts, read 924,586 times
Reputation: 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
TRomney laid out a path last night towards reducing debt, cutting deficits, cutting taxes and putting the power back in the hands of the people where it belongs. Social security and medicare have to be renovated if they survive.
Which debate were you watching? Or, in this case, which Romney were you watching? Primary Romney, Governor Romney, CEO Romney, or Bishop Romney? Here was Romney's pitch, "I'll lower taxes, increase Medicare spending, eliminate the deficit, increase defense spending, make North America energy independent, and **** out a unicorn for every child."

If Romney had any kind of conviction, he'd be presidential material. But, I seriously don't know what the guy stands for except himself. Instead, he's a like a smarmy sales rep promising that he'll deliver you a superior product for a lower price than anyone else. Then, he disappears when the product doesn't meet the shipping deadline or quoted price and has deficiencies when it's finally received. The kind of guy who you want to throttle when you see him again because he maintains that nothing is his fault when it comes to failure to deliver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
 
874 posts, read 924,586 times
Reputation: 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I really liked the debate last night and I think it gave us the vision they both have on how they want to fix the economy. Based on what I saw I am going to vote for Romney.
Let me know what happens in Pueblo when Vestas leaves town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
 
9,817 posts, read 19,036,263 times
Reputation: 7541
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Which debate were you watching? Or, in this case, which Romney were you watching? Primary Romney, Governor Romney, CEO Romney, or Bishop Romney? Here was Romney's pitch, "I'll lower taxes, increase Medicare spending, eliminate the deficit, increase defense spending, make North America energy independent, and **** out a unicorn for every child."

If Romney had any kind of conviction, he'd be presidential material. But, I seriously don't know what the guy stands for except himself. Instead, he's a like a smarmy sales rep promising that he'll deliver you a superior product for a lower price than anyone else. Then, he disappears when the product doesn't meet the shipping deadline or quoted price and has deficiencies when it's finally received. The kind of guy who you want to throttle when you see him again because he maintains that nothing is his fault when it comes to failure to deliver.
Which Romney was I watching:

President Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,756 posts, read 16,465,200 times
Reputation: 9292
josseppie wrote: Based on what I saw I am going to vote for Romney.

Vote as your conscience dictates, but do keep in mind that whoever wins this election might be appointing several supreme court justices. If Romney wins, he will be appointing right leaning justices tilting the court further to the right for many years to come. If you ever want to see gay rights and civil rights in general expanded, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot by voting for Romney and you may have to crawl back into the closet.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 10-04-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,756 posts, read 16,465,200 times
Reputation: 9292
wanneroo wrote: not everyone is cut out to be president.

Ain't that the truth! Barack Obama and George Bush prove that beyond a shadow of doubt. We haven't had competent leadership since the days of Bill Clinton.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 10-04-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Eastern Colorado
3,757 posts, read 4,407,067 times
Reputation: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Let me know what happens in Pueblo when Vestas leaves town.
I will let you know what happens in the whole state if Obama wins again, and finishes his fight to keep oil and gas produces from drilling on federal land, and continues to attack the coal industry, as those are much bigger to this state then a Foreign company that depends on federal handouts to create jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 02:05 PM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,097,827 times
Reputation: 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
josseppie wrote: Based on what I saw I am going to vote for Romney.

Vote as your conscience dictates, but do keep in mind that whoever wins this election might be appointing several supreme court justices. If Romney wins, he will be appointing right leaning justices tilting the court further to the right for many years to come. If you ever want to see gay rights and civil rights in general expanded, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot by voting for Romney and you may have to crawl back into the closet.
And don't forget Citizens United which basically sold our government to the highest bidder!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,102 posts, read 20,368,837 times
Reputation: 4132
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Let me know what happens in Pueblo when Vestas leaves town.
So far President Obama has not been able to keep the wind tax credit. In the end I am hoping this is one of the areas that Romney would agree to as it is a tax break and not giving companies money. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,102 posts, read 20,368,837 times
Reputation: 4132
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
josseppie wrote: Based on what I saw I am going to vote for Romney.

Vote as your conscience dictates, but do keep in mind that whoever wins this election might be appointing several supreme court justices. If Romney wins, he will be appointing right leaning justices tilting the court further to the right for many years to come. If you ever want to see gay rights and civil rights in general expanded, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot by voting for Romney and you may have to crawl back into the closet.
Of all the concerns this was the biggest. However given the state of the economy in Colorado it has become my number one issue. On gay rights all the polls show its a generational issue as people from my generation down (Generation X) don't care about it so in about 10 years things will be a lot different with gay marriage more accepted no matter who is president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top