U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 AM

1,455 posts, read 2,091,990 times

Advertisements

I drove through Raton pass on Tuesday afternoon - absolutely no sign of snow or anything, just some annoying construction with some lane closures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 AM

1,778 posts, read 3,490,051 times
There are quite a few retired people on the trail so commuting isn't a problem. I can't imagine why one would commute back and forth from Raton to Trinidad either unless they own a house in one State and then had to work in the other. From the trail it isn't that far into Trinidad but wouldn't take it in a storm.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 AM

486 posts, read 678,975 times
looks like Raton economy is in even worse shape than Trinidad, based on various online news reports.
going south to visit Las Vegas, Santa Fe, Taos might be frequent for Trinidad and Trail residents.
i'll watch out for the construction when I go through the pass. thanks.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:42 AM

How bad is the Trinidad economy. I live in Eastern OK on a ranch but I'd say the economy here isn't too hot either. I am planning on a visit this Feb/March just to get a taste of the area and its road in winter/spring.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:16 AM

486 posts, read 678,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
How bad is the Trinidad economy. I live in Eastern OK on a ranch but I'd say the economy here isn't too hot either. I am planning on a visit this Feb/March just to get a taste of the area and its road in winter/spring.
keep an eye on the newspapers and city council meetings. its getting a few high points of honor, but sounds like business is slow or closing, jobs are few, housing sales are slow. the citizens are determined to prevail, though. they like it there.

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...idadChronicle/

https://www.facebook.com/AroundTrinidad

http://trinidad.co.gov/pages/government/default.html

https://www.facebook.com/TrinidadTI

Old 10-23-2013, 08:22 AM

Thanks highplainsrus! No job needed here but I definitely do not want a bunch of closings. The golf course was quite sad to see. I understand that it is in some probate or something like that but for years!! Last time I was there wasn't but a handful of houses there and everything they built club house, hotel) look like you needed to tear it down and start over from neglect.
Trinidad would only be about 8 hours from all my grands and children (OKCity area) and not to mention giving up a ranch the trail seems like a nice replacement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado