U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 10:15 AM

8,005 posts, read 15,614,190 times
Well, the words "Love" and "curmudgeon" led me to that conclusion. Anyway, I just wanted to stake out my position--nothing really personal about it. I actually do appreciate a lot of your posts and have repped you in the past. I do freely admit being a curmudgeon, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 10:19 AM

17,210 posts, read 23,857,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinwi View Post
I lived in Colorado 2 years, moving from South Dakota. I was born in Chicago, raised in Wisconsin. I also lived on the east coast (bad) in Maryland for a few years. WI and MN folks are ok, east no good for me, the prairies are , well, prairies. AZ too hot, CA too many people. Oregon,Washington, and Alaska weather not for me. Colorado is the place to be. There are too many people everywhere. Tearing up the land, building houses anywhere and everywhere. This is true in Colorado, as well as everywhere else with a job and and a good place to live. All these people must live somewhere. Maybe Colorado needs to explore more of Boulders "open space" ideas, before its all gone.
Your first posting here sounds like my first posting here, back in April 2006 when the site was new. In that post I explained the same things, CA too expensive/crowded, east coast people are too nasty, south has hot humid weather, AZ/NV too hot, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:27 PM

4 posts, read 6,051 times
wow, I live in VA and was raised in Fla. moved to Colorado in 1978 had to leave in 1995 and had to move to CA due to family issues then back to the east coast and hate it!!!! I hate the humidity, and I don't like the people much. I want the mountains as my view, and the traffic you can keep that too. I am presently looking for the "right" person to let us lease their farm/ranch for our equine and animal rescue org. I am looking in the southern part of Colorado to grow hay (warmer longer for more cuttings)on the property for the rescues. We have filed our application for our tax exempt already, just waiting for the IRS to do their thing. Wewill have job positions open once we get settled and also there will be the opportunities for those who want to expand their education in the equine industry. hopefully there is someone who needs to be bailed out of financial problems and we need help in that area as well, so that is why we want to lease with option to purchase. I want to get back to Colorado so bad thats all I do most of the day if not working in the barn, and working with our rescues is looking for a place to move to that we can work some sort of creative financing that would be a win win for both parties. anyone know how to get those celebs who give millions to foreign countries to maybe drop a few here(our org. would be great place) at home helping the children and animals ( Heaven Scent Equine and Animal Rescue Org,) help us so we can open up jobs for the community, help kids at risk, lend a helping hand to battered women, helping people with disabilities, mental, emotional, behavioral, physically, and our animals will be the connection. come on people, there has got to be someone willing to talk to me about this, and have a lead for me to follow.

Last edited by heaven_scent_horses; 10-03-2009 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: missed spelled words and grammer check

Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 PM

289 posts, read 583,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Anyways. I live in Colorado and I hate to leave, be it by boat, aircraft, automobile, donkey, ostridge, foot, rail. Example; the other day, I was flying to South Carolina, boy my arms were tired; bodumCHHHHHHHHHH! As we were preparing to land, I said to the old bucko next to me, "It sure is green out there." Then he proceeded to tell me what a drought they've had and how awful dry it was out there this year. I said, "I understand ya hear, but I'm from Colorado." The poor old guy just didn't seem to hear me because he went on to tell me how dry it was. I said, I don't care how damn dry you think it is, my A$$ aint gonna like the sweat drippin from it cause I aint used to it. He went on to tell me how it aint humid. That night, as I stepped from my rental car to make my way to my cheap motel, my glasses fogged up. This is approximately 10:00 pm and there's this presence of hot humid air about me. To y'all, it aint humid! To me, it's disgusting.
LMAO *tears streaming down my face*. I don't know why that struck me as so funny. I didn't expect that.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:48 PM

289 posts, read 583,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelumbo View Post
I moved to Colorado for a job opportunity - I work in a small highly specialized field where there are relatively few places where I can be employed. As soon as is feasible for my career (a few years more, I've been here two years), I plan to move back to the east coast. I don't hate it here, but I don't really appreciate a lot of the things the region has to offer (mountain activities, etc) and there are a lot of things about the east coast that I miss (trees, humidity, etc). Also, I have increasingly bad sinus problems in this area due to the low humidity - having a headache most of the time makes me cranky.

Having come from an area with considerably higher housing costs and worse traffic, (Boston and DC), I don't find these to be a problem here for me. In fact, I want to move *back* to DC because I'm willing to deal with the traffic and high cost of living in return for the benefits of the area (and it is one of those few places where I am likely to be able to find a job).

Have you tried sleeping with a humidifier? Or maybe even a CPAP with humidity added-it might help. When I lived in Colorado I had a particularly bad problem with skin dryness. I used to (I know it sounds wierd) put socks with skin lotion in them on my feet and go to sleep in them. It pretty much fixed the problem by the time I woke up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado