U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 PM

3 posts, read 3,654 times

Advertisements

I might be transfering with my job to Castle Rock, and I want to know more about it. I work in retail and I will be making mid teens in pay, what is cost of rent or is there a surrounding area that will be cheaper. Any info on city and rent will be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 AM

3,757 posts, read 4,404,897 times
Mid teens is going to be hard to pay your bills in Castle Rock, you are looking at needing at least one roommate, and even then it will be tight.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:39 PM

212 posts, read 528,505 times
I loved living there, but I think it would be a struggle without a roommate , or two jobs. Not sure on 1bdrm , but when I lived there 2yrs ago I paid 850 for a 2bdrm , you could check just north of Castle Rock , in either Lone Tree or Parker, not sure if they are any cheaper, they are closer to Denver. Check out Rent.com or apartmentguide.com, good luck , hope you can find away to make it , because Castle Rock is a beautiful place and I think you would really like it

Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 PM

I was told my pay will change but they didn't say by how much that will be determined if I live out there. It might be Castle Rock, Colorado Springs, and Fort Collins. I have been to Colorado Springs and loved it for the 3 days I was there. I think will be cheaper of the 3 as well. I am single in the mid 30's male do anywhere I can have a social life will be great.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 AM

3,757 posts, read 4,404,897 times
the springs will be cheaper, I watched a news story the other day that Fort Collins now has an average rent of $1,000 which includes all apartments including lofts and 1 bedrooms. It is out of hand.

there are some apartments that go for about $850 a month, but most of them seem to average a little over $1,000 a month.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM

Now I hear it might be Aurora, what can you tell me about besides the shooting.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM

20,315 posts, read 37,820,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTNHigh View Post
Now I hear it might be Aurora, what can you tell me about besides the shooting.
Aurora is it's own city, separate from Denver, and larger in geographic size. The areas bordering Denver are a bit sketchy but the southeast areas along toll road 470 are new and excellent. Don't let one out of state whack job scare you off, it could've happened anywhere. Aurora isn't paradise, but it's largely okay. Fear not.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado