U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Colorado RESIDENTS: What column will COLO end up in after voting is done?
Republican Column - aka RED 16 41.03%
Democrat Column - aka BLUE 23 58.97%
I'm not voting. 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 04:27 PM

5,070 posts, read 9,059,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInTheHat View Post
Polls aren't truly accurate. I know people who will vote for Romney on Tuesday yet they'll tell the pollster (robocalls or real people) that they're voting for Obama. It's a game to most people, especially those who are tired of all the calls, negative ads, etc.

Plus, most people aren't home during the day when these calls are made, so the sample is of those who are living off the dole anyway.
Oh I am sure the pollsters spend hundreds of millions on all their polls and yet they never thought of this.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 PM

86,871 posts, read 102,258,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I agree that the right to vote is sacred. Since I became eligible to vote, I have never missed voting in a national or state election. Never. However the election turns out, Americans should be thankful that they live in a country where a citizen can exercise the right to vote in largely peaceful, orderly elections. Relatively few people in the rest of the world get to enjoy that privilege--even once in their lives, much less every couple of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Ditto. Every election since Nixon in 1968....along about 9PM I'll pop that cork.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I agree. Since I turned 18 I have not missed a state, national and local election. Now today I vote using the mail in ballot as its much easier then going down and waiting in line and voting with the machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Who cares?

I agree -- I never miss the opportunity to vote. I've voted in every election since I turned 18. I especially like living in Colorado and having the opportunity to vote by mail -- I tend to fill out my ballot over a period of a few days, especially in cases like this year, where there were so many other races and initiatives on the ballot besides the Presidential race.
Same here. I first voted for pres. in 1972-George McGovern.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 PM

2,139 posts, read 5,630,794 times
Woo!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 PM

2,181 posts, read 5,612,834 times
It wil be interesting to see how the whole marijuana thing is implemented. Overall -- I feel like Colorado is on its way to becoming California. At least for me, here in Denver, I'll be paying higher property taxes because of Denver Public Schools. I doubt the quality of education provided by DPS will improve, even with extra revenue from Amendment 64 and the 3A and 3B initiatives. Not trying to be sour grapes about this, since I know a lot of people are happy, but it's kind of my general feeling right now.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM

9,142 posts, read 5,450,196 times
Default Are you kidding me!!!

"Of course the rest of the world wants Obama. He is a Neville Chamberlain kind of President, easily fleeced and pushed around in foreign affairs. "

Geez, talk about inability to analyze foreign affairs!!!!!---Obama went after the Al Quaeda and did everything Bush promised HIS administration would do--and didn't. A foreign policy that dictates to the rest of the world is not foreign policy---it is dictatorship. It always amazes me that many people who tout their own ability to do what they want, still want to dictate to other countries how they should feel, think, act, and cow-tow to the U.S.

I've lived six years in three other countries and one protectorate. Those people have their own ideas and resent that Americans try to tell them what opinions they should hold. Many times Americans living or stationed in foreign countries treat the natives of that country as stupid or less capable than we great Americans.

Here is a President who will LISTEN on the international scene for a change, and the opinionated extremists in this country criticize him for that. He has been a better foreign policy president than anyone we've had since Nixon. And for all the faults Nixon had, he was a heck of a good foreign policy leader.

Go figure!

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-06-2012 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: quote marks

Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 AM

10,584 posts, read 9,312,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The enthusiasm I see out there amongst people to throw out obama and utopian statism is like nothing I have seen since I was a child and people wanted Carter out so bad. I know some obama voters in 2008 in Colorado that will not be voting that way this year. If that trend is common, well....

Romney has a new Red Rocks video out:

Red Rocks - YouTube

You look at the enthusiasm there and tell me people are not ready to go.

I think what will finish obama off is his revenge comments:

New Romney ad hammers Obama over telling his supports that “voting is the best revenge” » The Right Scoop -

Revenge for what?

It just goes to show what a small minded weasel he is and certainly isn't presidential.

Who knows what will happen on tuesday, but if Americans do want obama and 20 Trillion in debt, well I already have my escape plan. I say if that happens people get what they deserve. I will not be hanging around for more obamacare taxes, higher taxes starting Jan 2013, 20+ Trillion in debt, abandoning Americans to al qaeda, the US dollar tanking, more constitutional abuses, tens of millions more on welfare, a stagnant economy, high energy prices, etc. If that is what Americans want they can have it, but count me out.

If Romney wins, I will celebrate for a week, but the work is just starting. There are still 2 months of obama and God only knows all he will be up to. Then we've still got evil, twisted individuals like harry reid around and some hot tub republicans who like being in Washington but not doing anything. We've got a lot to do and it is going to have to be real change from day 1.
So have you packed your bags yet?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 AM

3,133 posts, read 9,394,756 times
At least we'll be able to get legally stoned and numb ourselves for the next 4 years

$2 Billion later, it's basically about the same. Gridlock. I hope the Dems and Reps can sit at the table and work stuff out for our country. Obama has a legacy to protect, so I think he might be willing to compromise.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 AM

833 posts, read 1,433,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
"Of course the rest of the world wants Obama. He is a Neville Chamberlain kind of President, easily fleeced and pushed around in foreign affairs. "

Geez, talk about inability to analyze foreign affairs!!!!!---Obama went after the Al Quaeda and did everything Bush promised HIS administration would do--and didn't. A foreign policy that dictates to the rest of the world is not foreign policy---it is dictatorship. It always amazes me that many people who tout their own ability to do what they want, still want to dictate to other countries how they should feel, think, act, and cow-tow to the U.S.

I've lived six years in three other countries and one protectorate. Those people have their own ideas and resent that Americans try to tell them what opinions they should hold. Many times Americans living or stationed in foreign countries treat the natives of that country as stupid or less capable than we great Americans.
This, I think, has been the major failing of US foreign policy for quite some time. It certainly didn't start with the end of the cold war, but I believe that as the last "super power" we, as a country, have let some things go to our head over the last 25+ years.

Middle-East policy is perhaps the easiest one to point out, but even among the average citizens of a lot of our close allies there is a feeling that if the US would stop poking its nose into places it doesn't belong and trying to demand that soverign nations follow our lead things would be a lot calmer.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 AM

9,830 posts, read 19,523,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
At least we'll be able to get legally stoned and numb ourselves for the next 4 years

$2 Billion later, it's basically about the same. Gridlock. I hope the Dems and Reps can sit at the table and work stuff out for our country. Obama has a legacy to protect, so I think he might be willing to compromise.
I don't think he will. He's a left wing radical who wants more government control over our lives. He might pay some lip service to it and throw a few bones out there, but he isn't going to change.

Essentially you have 25% of the country that wants free stuff and the 25% that wants government to stop picking our pocket and treating us as lab rats for their kooky schemes. And then you have 50% of the people too damn lazy to get involved and vote.

There were failures on the part of the Romney campaign, but that's in the past and it's clear it's going to have to be my generation, the Reagan Generation, who are going to have to step up and take the lead as the baby boomer generation has proved to be a colossal failure running government, with $220,000 in federal debt on every child below 18. We've got serious problems and it's time to get these fossils out of there.

If these wingbats who won 60 million votes think they have a mandate over me and other Americans who respect liberty, they've got another thing coming. It's time to fight.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM

14,477 posts, read 22,333,076 times
How do you deal with the fact that Democrats won the poll above ^?

Your family, your friends, your co-workers, and your idols/roll models/etc. voted for Obama and would do it again.

I see the problem as being this; truth is illusive and that works both ways. Let me explain; If the Republicans were everything that the Democrats campaign them as being, this world would just be doomed. If the Democrats were everything that the Republicans campaign them as being, this world would just be doomed. You know it and I know it.

Until everybody sees a movie/documentary called Inside Job and comments here about their thoughts on it, I cannot show you or convey to you my opinions on how this global economic mess is "both of their faults" and neither of them at the same time. Money has the illusion of power. It's in reality force being used in the wrong way and can be confused with power.

Once Presidents' stop aligning themselves with criminals from Wallstreet and once non-incumbents/challengers stop aligning themselves with ... just watch the movie.

INSIDE JOB Official Trailer in HD! - YouTube

It's a Wall Street Government - YouTube

New York Groove - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or