Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Colorado RESIDENTS: What column will COLO end up in after voting is done?
Republican Column - aka RED 16 41.03%
Democrat Column - aka BLUE 23 58.97%
I'm not voting. 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 06:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInTheHat View Post
Polls aren't truly accurate. I know people who will vote for Romney on Tuesday yet they'll tell the pollster (robocalls or real people) that they're voting for Obama. It's a game to most people, especially those who are tired of all the calls, negative ads, etc.

Plus, most people aren't home during the day when these calls are made, so the sample is of those who are living off the dole anyway.
You can't be serious! Retired people and SAHMs are home during the day, also people who work shifts in hospitals, health care workers who work weekends, etc.

Our phone rings all evening long. We get as many calls between say 6 and 9-9:30 as we do all day. DH is registered unaffiliated so we get calls from both parties.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I like the electorial college as it keeps states like Colorado relevant.
You like a system that can elect a president who the majority of votes didn't even vote for? You like a system that limits Americas to selecting from only two parties?

Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
One group that's not been reached well by pollsters are the exclusive cell phone users who skiew heavily Democratic.
Orly?

What are Romney/Ryan supporters using?

CB Radios?

Tin cans and string?

Mountain Bell with rotary dial phones and payphone booths?

Smoke signals?

MORSE code?

Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
bluescreen73 wrote: Doesn't matter who wins, we're hosed either way. Obama and Romney are both massive tools. The two-party system is broken and until people stop taking the "lesser of two evils" approach when marking their ballots we're gonna be stuck with the same exact crap until perpetuity.

Agreed! But, I voted for Obama anyway on the grounds that he is the lesser of two evils by the slightest of margins.

Election predictions: The candidate in favor of GMOs, bankster bailouts and corporate domination will win!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:29 AM

Cos, I can understand you voting for Obama... but not your claim that he's the lesser of two evils.

There's one evil, namely a Wallstreet run government that has undone everything put into place to protect us post-Great Depression.

In the movie/documentary Inside Job, the claim was made...

" Tens of thousands of U.S. factory workers were laid off. The new Obama administration’s financial reforms have been weak, and there was no significant proposed regulation of the practices of ratings agencies, lobbyists, and executive compensation. Geithner became Treasury Secretary. Feldstein, Tyson and Summers were all top economic advisors to Obama. Bernanke was reappointed Fed Chair. European nations have imposed strict regulations on bank compensation, but the U.S. has resisted them."

This explains to me what "change" the Obama Administration has really been up to.

From Reagan to Clinton to the Bush's to Obama... it's all been about missuse of power and force.

Yet Obama spews rhetoric that he's any different than Romney... would be... if elected President.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-04-2012 at 09:43 AM..

Old 11-04-2012, 09:45 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Cos, I can understand you voting for Obama... but not your claim that he's the lesser of two evils.
Romney will reduce discretionary spending except for discretionary military spending, which he will increase. Obama will maintain discretionary military spending, but increase other discretionary spending such as education.

Both are fascists. But one will buy more bullets; the other will buy more books.

Lesser evil: books or bullets?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 AM

Well to the radical opposition, either/or is considered a weapon.

To me, neither would be considered a weapon... nor an evil.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Orly?

What are Romney/Ryan supporters using?
I'm guessing a lot of them still have the princess phones they bought in the 1980s during those golden Raygun years.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,122 times
Quote:
Well to the radical opposition...
Adam Smith is a radical. Ayn Rand is a radical. Jesus Christ is a radical. I'm in the best company that God has ever given to us.

Quote:
To me, neither would be considered a weapon... nor an evil.
Books (ideas) and bullets are both weapons. The difference is that intelligence can stop the former when it's gone astray.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 11-04-2012 at 11:23 AM..

Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 AM

Oh ok. I see where this thread belongs.

Sorry kids, but I have to run along now... do adult/grownup stuff.

As far as polls go, there's only really one good one... on November 6th.

C U next Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post

Books (ideas) and bullets are both weapons. The difference is that intelligence can stop the former when it's gone astray.
Ideas are a weapon? Yeah I'll drink to that. Last time a government tried to prevent the people of this Nation from using it's ideas, a few well placed bullets put a stop to that. Good point!

Quote:
Funny, Matthew Dowd said...VA is now leaning Obama so he's at 294.
Speaking of Virginia and books... I wish Obama would buy Joe Biden a map... and a book on Civil etiquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
When was that?
Ummm... ever heard of the Declaration of Independence?

Quote:
Let's keep this about the election as it pertains to CO rather than political philosophies. My intent here was to focus on the horse race.
Great idea! Why don't you lead the way.

Carry on...

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-04-2012 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado