U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,433,323 times

Advertisements

Anyone who moves to Co to chase a 'pot law' has a drug problem and they should go check into rehab instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM

20,829 posts, read 39,036,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Anyone who moves to Co to chase a 'pot law' has a drug problem and they should go check into rehab instead.
There's truth to that, especially when MJ is so easily available everywhere, but I think some of them were just making a funny.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM

666 posts, read 1,036,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Or they're just trying to be responsible and live where they can't be arrested for something they're old enough to make their own decision about.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yes since post 1 I have requested people use Google if they choose to educate themselves. I know it's hard for you, but you can give it a try.

Nice try at diversion by sidestepping my post and trying to turn the focus on me as though I'm the problem, but it falls flat. If relaxing of pot laws really worked in the Netherlands, it would not be a major issue of debate now in the papers, media, with local government and in national government. Quite clearly if it worked so well, they would not have all the problems they do.

Something for Colorado to consider.
LOL!!!!!

Sorry Wanneroo, I just can't take you seriously here. It's impossible to have any sort of reasonable discussion with you because you simply don't know what you're talking about.

BTW, you might want to read this article from USA Today detailing how the Netherlands is backing off of their newly imposed restrictions.... oh wait, never mind. Look it up yourself if it's not too hard for you.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM

[quote=Del Boy;26920394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
My cardiologist is informed of my daily cannabis use at my checkup every 6 months. He does not advise me to abstain. I've smoked with my family doctor on numerous occasions in social settings.

Your question is ludicrous.

Didn't you already have a heart attack?

You honestly don't think the tachycardia it causes has any effect?

I mean, it's not just a little bit of tachycardia. It can increase your heartrate considerably.

My resting heartrate was in the 40s, but when I smoked the good stuff, my heart would get up to the 110s and 120s.

You're telling me that it's healthy for that to happen?

What if you excercise? I think more studies need to be done and for those that want to be pilots, it should still be illegal.

Pot does slow your mind down and make you more forgetful. There is a difference between a sober mind with no THC in your system and a mind that still has traces of THC.
Are you a cardiologist?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Good grief, what total crap.

Anything you don't agree with you automatically trot out the "leftists" as the boogeyman causing something we should all fear.

Alcohol prohibition was NOT foisted on the USA by leftists of any stripe. It was forced on us by the biggest bunch of tight-ass bible thumping ultra-conservative white witches the world has ever seen; they bullied and barked until the nation adopted the Volstead Act.

Inane talk about "unintended consequences" should recognize that overnight the prohibition of alcohol brought about by the ultra-conservatives turned most of our adults into criminals for having a few beers or a glass of wine. Worse, it created a national web of organized crime that we still fight to this day. Are you going to spin a story that organized crime was not an "unintended consequence" and that those women actually intended to spawn organized crime, corruption, death, blindness from drinking tainted alcohol, and dirty fortune of the Kennedy family?

NONE of the "unintended consequences" of prohibition was caused by "leftists" of any kind, it was the ultra-conservative schmucks of the Women's "Christian" Temperance Union that wreaked this havoc upon my father's generation. Those good christians, those saintly do-gooders, did horrendous and lasting damage to our nation.

The same mis-guided ultra-conservative pukes are still battling for prohibition of something, anything, that they can rant about from their church and political pulpits, keeping the gullible rubes quivering with fear in their pews, deathly afraid of inter-racial marriage, black voting rights, equality for all, fear of alcohol, fear of a plant, or fear of gay marriage, or fear of labor unions, or fear of a black man in the white house, or fear of a nuclear power plant, or fear of the leftists coming to take all yer gunz, or fear of universal medical insurance ..... or fear of .... or fear of .... it never ends .... the use of fear to bilk billions from fools and rubes ....

It's time for prohibition of MJ to end. When it does we'll all be better off, and it will have nothing to do with any leftists, just common sense and sanity.
Thank you Mike. Tried to rep you on this one but it wouldn't let me. Right on target as usual.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I think you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm sitting here laughing right now. I've got no hatred at all. You mistake debating for taking things personally. It's a debate and exchange of ideas, nothing personal.
You don't know how to debate. You're unable to prove any of you assertions.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 PM

3,869 posts, read 13,040,961 times
lets see,
Lets start with the, Ho my gewwad the pot to day has so much more THC.
This means you don't have to consume as much to achieve the desired effect. You no longer roll a big bob Marley stogy and have to smoke it by your self to get high instead you smoke a fraction of the amount.

Do you think the shops that end up selling it will not be regulated?
Don't you think the inspectors /cops are going to be watching them?
The grower will have to show where the pot went and the shop will have to show where they got it.
I trust our IRS will get there money, Stewie said to Brian

Why the hate? I can find many germicidal mistakes in your posts.

Quote:
It didn't work in the Netherlands.
Especially when it becomes the target for taxation, whether taxes on the sales or the income from it.
The people cultivating it, trafficking it and selling it have done so under the table and against the law for so long, so what exactly will drive them to change? In fact they may even consider these pot shops a threat to their existence. The "carrells" as you call them(cartels to us sober people) are not going away.

Dreamer, shake it off.
Maybe not in your part f the world but in mine it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Dream on. Not true in this part of the country.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,772,192 times
I'm no supporter of the so-called Religious Right, but that post of Mike's above is about the biggest bunch of revisionist crap history that I've ever read. At the time the WCTU got traction, alcohol abuse and the havoc it wrought on individuals and families was a big problem--just as it remains today. However misguided Prohibition became in its implementation, I can understand how its supporters came to feel that it was necessary. I doubt that there is anyone reading this forum who hasn't had their life negatively affected by someone--family member, friend, co-worker--who abuses alcohol. Were it just the abuser of the substance that was the victim, then letting people do whatever the hell they want might be legitimate, but in the real world, it seldom works that way. The so-called "libertarians" don't get that old adage that "The right to swing your fist ends at the end of my nose." We also seem to have forgotten that "with freedom comes responsibility." If one can't exercise a freedom without accepting responsibility for the action and/or its consequences, then the freedom will eventually be extinguished. There are plenty of people (including some right on this thread) who bleat constantly about wanting freedom to do this or that, but who won't take a scrap of responsibility for their actions.

The fact that harmful and addictive substances like alcohol and tobacco are legal is a hollow argument in favor of legalizing more such substances. (By the way, the WCTU also felt that the use of tobacco was harmful.) And, while wanneroo can be a little over the top at times, I agree with him about pot not being the benign, harmless substance that the tokers would like everyone to believe. It's not.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 PM

8,592 posts, read 7,034,902 times
I keep seeing this 'refuse to take responsibility for ones actions' accusation being thrown around. In relation to the topic of marihuana, how exactly does this apply? I haven't seen a single argument made that suggests anyone wants anything other than the right to use a perfectly natural substance with almost zero side effects without government interference. The only people asking for anything are the naysayers: they want government to stop other people from doing something that has zero effect on anyone else, for no articulable reason.

What exactly are the Prop 64 supporters asking the non-partaking public to provide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado