U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,777,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I keep seeing this 'refuse to take responsibility for ones actions' accusation being thrown around. In relation to the topic of marihuana, how exactly does this apply? I haven't seen a single argument made that suggests anyone wants anything other than the right to use a perfectly natural substance with almost zero side effects without government interference. The only people asking for anything are the naysayers: they want government to stop other people from doing something that has zero effect on anyone else, for no articulable reason.

What exactly are the Prop 64 supporters asking the non-partaking public to provide?
Not to put too fine a point on this, but tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, and opiates are all obtained from "perfectly natural substances." About the only drug that is not is meth. As to "zero side effects," I don't think that is a true statement, either. And having "zero effect on anyone else"--that's the dumbest blanket statement ever. Maybe you've never worked a job where being clear-headed and drug-free is a requirement for the safety of your co-workers, but I have. The last thing I wanted around is some stoner on the job where he could risk my safety. "Oh, but they wouldn't use on the job, even if it was legal." One word: bulls***t! It's bad enough dealing with drunks on the job who are abusing a legal substance and dealing with the idiots using illegal stuff. Adding more legal crap for people to get f***ed up on just doesn't make sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM

8,608 posts, read 7,040,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Maybe you've never worked a job where being clear-headed and drug-free is a requirement for the safety of your co-workers, but I have.
I almost want to say what I do because this made me smirk pretty good, but I try not to do that on this forum. I'm very active in my local section. If you're as perceptive as you think you are, you might be able to figure it out.

That said, you didn't answer the actual question, instead choosing to seize on the extemporaneous parts.

What exactly are Prop 64 supporters advocating that they refuse to take responsibility for? I'm missing this one apparently, but yourself and another poster keep bringing it up. Should I use google for this one?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM

14,490 posts, read 22,337,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
...or fear of the leftists coming to take all yer gunz...
Dey tkk eurrr jbbbbs! Dey tkkk urrrrrr guns!

Southpark - They Took Our Job! - YouTube

DRK A DUR!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 PM

11,049 posts, read 12,398,038 times
I'm curious if anyone is leaving Colorado because of this new law?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Are you sure those patients were actually high on cannabis, or was your dad just telling you that to scare you into not using it? I mean, seriously, my husband is a critical care and ER nurse and has worked at 6 different hospitals across this country over the last 10 years. He has never had a patient come to the hospital for complications because they were high on weed. He's dealt a ton with meth heads, heroin, and alcohol, but never marijuana. And this is in the present time, with THC levels that are much higher than they were 30 years ago. I'd really like to know how he managed to see so many patients high on cannabis during that time? Seems like your stretching it to me (or you were lied to for good intentions).
Yep, I'm sure.

No he never had to scare me or stretch the truth, when I could see the consequences of riding a motorcycle at 120mph while stoned or crashing a car while drunk or jumping off of a building while stoned because of "visions".

At that time in the post Vietnam era, drug abuse was huge in the US military, some units had up to 50% of the soldiers using some drug of some type.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yes! Ass backwards is the BIG LIE methodology of the GOP these days ... demand small govt out of one side of their lying mouths, then insert a big govt nose into YOUR bedroom, YOUR doctor's office, and in the case of VA, into YOUR vagina if you want a procedure. And they wonder why they lost. Again. Hah!
I think you'll find obamacare is the big gubermint nose that will be sticking into everyone's health care as well as taxing it. Good luck with that and your Medicare drying up.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
LOL!!!!!

Sorry Wanneroo, I just can't take you seriously here. It's impossible to have any sort of reasonable discussion with you because you simply don't know what you're talking about.

BTW, you might want to read this article from USA Today detailing how the Netherlands is backing off of their newly imposed restrictions.... oh wait, never mind. Look it up yourself if it's not too hard for you.
I think you and others seem more obsessed with me rather than debating the points. I'm not the issue, weed is.

As I said before, it's an issue in flux in the Netherlands, some laws proposed, some in place.

So again, if you can educate me with your expert knowledge of the Netherlands, if the relaxation of the laws over the past few decades has been such a massive success, why then are citizens complaining about all of the stoners in the streets, why drug trafficking is getting worse, why pot dealers are on the streets and why all of these local and national laws are being proposed or already implemented?

I would reckon if pot was this harmless magic herb that caused no societal issues and if Netherlands was such a success, then why is this such an issue of national discussion in the Netherlands right now?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
You don't know how to debate. You're unable to prove any of you assertions.
Apparently I do with thousands of rep points and positive comments about my writing. Someone enjoys it. You don't but that is fine by me.

I don't have to prove anything and you haven't proven anything either. This isn't a courtroom.

People can take the opinions and agree or disagree. Unlike cosmicwizard who wants to take it personally for not agreeing with his world view or mike from the east who wants to be angry, there is nothing here to take personally or be angry about.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 PM

8,608 posts, read 7,040,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I would reckon if pot was this harmless magic herb that caused no societal issues and if Netherlands was such a success, then why is this such an issue of national discussion in the Netherlands right now?
Am I safe in making the assumption that if I started posting links to gun-related crime stats from European countries, you'd say that it's not comparable situation? That logic applies with this argument also.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Not to put too fine a point on this, but tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, and opiates are all obtained from "perfectly natural substances." About the only drug that is not is meth. As to "zero side effects," I don't think that is a true statement, either. And having "zero effect on anyone else"--that's the dumbest blanket statement ever. Maybe you've never worked a job where being clear-headed and drug-free is a requirement for the safety of your co-workers, but I have. The last thing I wanted around is some stoner on the job where he could risk my safety. "Oh, but they wouldn't use on the job, even if it was legal." One word: bulls***t! It's bad enough dealing with drunks on the job who are abusing a legal substance and dealing with the idiots using illegal stuff. Adding more legal crap for people to get f***ed up on just doesn't make sense to me.
If the potheads were honest and admitted they smoke it for a reason and that reason is to get high and in fact it does make you high, I'd respect them more.

But instead it's a major denial that it has zero impact on their brain or their health. They are not fooling anyone which is why they've tried to squash me in this thread by turning the attention on me rather than the issue. They don't need someone like me interfering with their PR snow job campaign of it being this magic herb that cures all and harms nothing.

The company I worked for in Colorado had zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol and had frequent testing. And you had to. When you have other peoples lives in your hands you can't be impaired by drugs or alcohol and one can only imagine the consequences with lawsuits that would result as well if something goes wrong thanks to an employee being under the influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado