U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 PM

30,506 posts, read 33,316,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If the potheads were honest and admitted they smoke it for a reason and that reason is to get high and in fact it does make you high, I'd respect them more.
I'm pretty sure they admit that. Like people who drink alcohol admit they drink to get a buzz and people who eat too much admit they do it for emotional reasons. None of which is are criminal actions until/unless it puts someone in danger. And I'm certain we have laws to deal with that where you come from.

And, like alcohol, there can be health benifits whether you respect it or not. You don't have to you know, there is no law saying you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,523,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Am I safe in making the assumption that if I started posting links to gun-related crime stats from European countries, you'd say that it's not comparable situation? That logic applies with this argument also.
Sure. About 15 million civilians went to their deaths in Europe during WW2 because they had no means to defend themselves from invaders and fight back against them. And tens of thousands of civilians who died in the Bosnian War, who also had no means to defend themselves against genocidal hordes either.

Pretty gruesome statistics.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 AM

8,595 posts, read 7,034,902 times
The reason people are making the argument about you is because of the way you debate. I said nothing about WWII, it's completely irrelevant to this debate. You're attempting to use it for shock value because I made a valid point regarding the comparison YOU initiated, a valid point which you cannot refute.

So, let's keep it simple, you can answer the question I originally posed considering you were one of the people I was referring to:

What exactly are "potheads" demanding from you that they refuse to take responsibility for?

Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 AM

666 posts, read 1,036,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yep, I'm sure.

No he never had to scare me or stretch the truth, when I could see the consequences of riding a motorcycle at 120mph while stoned or crashing a car while drunk or jumping off of a building while stoned because of "visions".
No. Your dad took you for a ride.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Apparently I do with thousands of rep points and positive comments about my writing. Someone enjoys it. You don't but that is fine by me.

Just because you've had a lot of people agree with things you've said doesn't mean you are good at debating.
Each side has thousands of people that agree with them. It doesn't make you a debate king.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM

3,147 posts, read 2,929,825 times
Guess what people. Cannabis possession and sale has been legalized, driving under the influence has not, it is still illegal. They are working on roadside tests, but sobriety drills are another way to see if somebody is incapable of driving.

Working while stoned will still get you fired. I don't understand why people like Jazzlover and others think that being high at work will skyrocket. Alcohol is legal, and if you come to my job drunk, you get fired. Cannabis is legal, and if you show up to work high, you get fired. If you do either without getting canned, the manager/supervisor is irresponsible, and will eventually be fired.

Do you guys not get that you are simply describing irresponsible characters, not cannabis users?

I don't see you trying to ban fat because some people consume it irresponsibly. Are you on Bloomberg's side of the drink size issue in NY? "People can't consume soda responsibly, therefore we will ban big sodas."

Lets be honest, if you are freaking out, you were probably raised by or in a socially conservative group of people, and have always heard the "evils" of cannabis, and you are simply uncomfortable with it. Doesn't really matter, but that is how you are coming across.

The real question to me, being a politics nerd, is what gives you the right to legislate your morality at the point of a gun? What makes you so superior that you get to use government violence to enforce your lifestyle on others? If your lifestyle is SOOO much better, why do you have to threaten people into it rather than setting an example?

Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 AM

9,830 posts, read 19,523,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
Just because you've had a lot of people agree with things you've said doesn't mean you are good at debating.
Each side has thousands of people that agree with them. It doesn't make you a debate king.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
No. Your dad took you for a ride.
So do you actually have something to say about cannabis or a position you have? Because this thread is not about me. Seems the pro pot people in this thread are a bit too concerned about me rather than defending their position, basically because they don't have a leg to stand on.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 AM

16,438 posts, read 19,081,196 times
I just hope when my wife and I move to Colorado we won't be living next door to a bunch of stoners.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 AM

8,595 posts, read 7,034,902 times
Quote:
So do you actually have something to say about cannabis or a position you have? Because this thread is not about me. Seems the pro pot people in this thread are a bit too concerned about me rather than defending their position, basically because they don't have a leg to stand on.
Anything regarding the statement you made? Here's your chance to prove that no one should be arguing with you over your debate tactics:

What exactly are 'potheads' asking for that they refuse to take responsibility for?

Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
If it's not about you then stop trying to defend your debating skills.

My stance is for legalization. But I'm not looking to debate people who have outdated "facts" (opinions) and use scare tactics from 1965.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado