U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 AM

34,792 posts, read 31,852,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
CA had it tough with the DEA cracking down on the black market fronting as MMJ, but Colorado didn't have is so bad. It will be legal for everyone over 21 so there will be a reduced black market. But if criminals set up shop in CO with large grow areas with the intent to traffic across state line and/or to minors, then I support the DEA going after them with all they got.

Alcohol is legal and there is no black market. And shops can ID to keep it out of the hand of minors.
Hardly, it's the same Federal Govt and CO won't get a free pass. Let's revisit this thread in a year and you'll see what I was talking about. The same people that wanted it legal will be the ones to ruin it for everyone. You will see a MM dispensary in every mall and growing will go ballistic. That is when it well all disappear in a very short amount of time, just like it did in CA. I'm pretty sure CO will be a lot easier to shut down than it was in CA.

This from someone who smoked more than their share back in the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 11:24 AM

2,181 posts, read 5,603,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hardly, it's the same Federal Govt and CO won't get a free pass. Let's revisit this thread in a year and you'll see what I was talking about. The same people that wanted it legal will be the ones to ruin it for everyone. You will see a MM dispensary in every mall and growing will go ballistic. That is when it well all disappear in a very short amount of time, just like it did in CA. I'm pretty sure CO will be a lot easier to shut down than it was in CA.

I don't know about that. My very own (for the most part, worthless) congresswoman, Diana DeGette, is trying to pass a bill in the House that would tell the federal government to "respect" Amendment 64.

DeGette files bill to require feds to respect marijuana law - The Denver Post

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM

14,463 posts, read 22,297,773 times
If congress or some lobbyists or whomever could convince the feds to legalize/decriminalize weed, I think that would be fantastic. I just personally believe that states trying to push it through individually is the wrong way to go.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:57 PM

20,811 posts, read 38,983,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
If congress or some lobbyists or whomever could convince the feds to legalize/decriminalize weed, I think that would be fantastic. I just personally believe that states trying to push it through individually is the wrong way to go.
Agree. But the feds are so hidebound, afraid of change, and bought off by the alcohol and big pharma lobbies that it'll never happen, so we have to force the issue which means essentially we have to take it away from them and do it ourselves. Funny, but the way it works in so many cases is the people lead and congress follows.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,660,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Marijuana causes tacycardia and has been linked to cardial myopathy and myocardial infarction.

Also, would anyone here feel comfortable if their pilot was high?
Would you feel comfortable if your pilot was drunk? How many people have had a heart attack during sex? Such hypocritical double standards.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I have plenty of personal and professional accomplishments. And I didn't have any need for marijuana or other drugs that might have gotten in the way of them. I am one of the most respected people in my career field--a field where I could not hold the job if I tested positive for marijuana. Yes, there are people who were/are quite successful while using or addicted to alcohol or illicit drugs. You have to wonder how much MORE successful that they might have been without the chemical dependency. Ever think about that?
Is it really possible to be more successful than Richard Branson, or Ted Turner or Michael Bloomberg (http://coedmagazine.com/2009/02/06/t...to-admit-it/)? You can't be too bright if you don't understand the difference between dependence and casual use.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:09 PM

14,463 posts, read 22,297,773 times
Is that casual use or causal use?

Show me how many out of 10 people smoke weed casually.

If you can smoke two tokes a week or maybe a couple of tokes two times a week, then why not just put it down?

No... show me folks with gravity bongs, power hitters, and that dude who takes such a big hit that he has to blow blood vessels in his skull to try and keep from coughing his lungs out.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Sorry I don't buy into that "no one is better than the other person". People get judged on their work performance, ethics, character, trustworthiness, etc. as they should. We've let our high standards go in this country and I think that is actually one of the core reasons why this nation is turning into a bunch of needy wimps. All this political correctness, group think and not having standards has brought on mediocrity and I think we need to turn away from that back to harsh judgmentalism of stupid people, stupid government rules and regs and stupid ideas.

Most people out there don't want their pilot, surgeon, chef, taxi driver to be under the influence.
Pot prohibition would certainly fall under the "stupid government rules and regs" category.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:35 PM

3,296 posts, read 8,409,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
If you can smoke two tokes a week or maybe a couple of tokes two times a week, then why not just put it down?
The same could be said with alcohol. You only have a drink or two once or twice a week, why not just stop? Some people enjoy the relaxed feeling that alcohol or marijuana provides. Not everyone has to drink or smoke themselves into oblivion. Yes, they could easily give it up altogether. They are not dependent on a drink or a toke to survive. It's hard to explain this to someone who has an addiction issue, as that person cannot understand the ability to have just one. Hence the addiction. Believe me, my BIL who died from his prescription pill addiction wished he could just have one of something. He couldn't. He was completely dependent on his drugs to see him through another day. Unfortunately, he continued to use and abuse to the point of overdose. Does that mean now that I think no one can handle their drug of choice (or prescription)? No. Does that mean that I believe drugs and alcohol can lead to problems. Yes. It's not an easy answer but outlawing them isn't the answer.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 AM

7,233 posts, read 6,401,646 times
people who claim to support freedom then want to tell others what they can and can't do are just hypocrites in my mind. We bust our butts off 60 hours a week we should be able to have a drink and smoke a joint on the weekend if we want. Yes plenty do go overboard and it seems their life revolves around drinking but that's their choice.

This shouldn't even be an argument, in my opinion. It should be legal, nationwide. War on drugs. War on terror. War on this. War on that. All just disguises for the big money pits these wars consume and all the people who profit from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado