U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 10:06 AM

14,491 posts, read 22,337,836 times

Advertisements

Don't toot your own horn too loudly.

Being sober does not exempt you/us from being a jerk and going off-topic with civil rights issues that stir up ire in others. If you cause harm, I don't care if you are sober. In fact, I'd rather you be wasted. At least you'd have that excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
wanneroo wrote: According to sonic spork up above, it makes you lazy and paranoid and impairs you(I'll take their word for it), so I don't understand how that is rational and me being sober is irrational.

Also based on Sonics post...obviously it affects different people in different ways. In my own limited experience using mj, it has different effects at different times, but more times than not, it results in a really focused mind when I use it.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM

14,491 posts, read 22,337,836 times
Yeah, my oldest brother Chris and brother Mark had been smoking weed when they were teenagers and I was about 5.

My dad decided to raid their stash one day and he and my mom would go out to the desert and try it out... see what it does to you.

So my mom and dad are toking away in the Dodge Polara... my dad says, "This stuff is worthless. I've not even got a buzz."

My mom says, "Phil, let's go home."

Then next thing you know it, they're stopped at a stop light in the middle of nowhere and my dad yells, "My God Johanna, we've been sitting at this stop light for two months!"

Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM

3,869 posts, read 13,044,988 times
I have to agree with this.
When I was younger in my early 20' (im 50yr old now)
I had an employer that knew the crew was getting high at work.
The bosses response.
Some of you should not get high at all.
Then there are a few of you who get into the fine details(focused) when you are high.
I'll look the other way until we have a problem.

This was with an employer in CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
but more times than not, it results in a really focused mind when I use it.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 AM

65 posts, read 83,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt00 View Post
I do have a question: dispensaries cannot legally sell marijuana for recreational use until next October. I take that to mean as well that smoking weed will not be legal until next October- is that correct?
Several towns in Colorado have already said they won't be prosecuting or going after anyone using cannabis anymore (not including in public). Breckenridge has been following that policy for awhile and since the vote other mountain communities have followed. Aspen, I THINK, and others. Just read that this week in the paper. Sorry I don't recall the other towns. But that's good. What a waste of resources it is to go after those using it discreetly.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:29 AM

3,869 posts, read 13,044,988 times
It was kind of like that in CB back in the early 80's
Leave the locals alone as long as they are discreet about their use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyam22 View Post
Several towns in Colorado have already said they won't be prosecuting or going after anyone using cannabis anymore (not including in public). Breckenridge has been following that policy for awhile and since the vote other mountain communities have followed. Aspen, I THINK, and others. Just read that this week in the paper. Sorry I don't recall the other towns. But that's good. What a waste of resources it is to go after those using it discreetly.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:49 AM

11,624 posts, read 7,195,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
"My God Johanna, we've been sitting at this stop light for two months!"
Totally reminds me of this...
Attached Thumbnails
New Pot Law making people wanting to move to Colorado?-left.jpg  

Old 01-26-2013, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 6,158 times
Ever tried to talk to a really stoned person when you're not high? Stoned people interact fine with EACH OTHER, but those who are not stoned are simply not in the same mental space. There are people who will refute this and I'll agree some people can handle pot better than others, but it is not a good direction for our culture and based on my extensive experience nothing will convince me otherwise.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 PM

4 posts, read 6,158 times
Your experience is not necessarily representative of the rest of the population's experience with the substance. 56% of the population supports legal recreational with medical cannabis approval levels at 78%. Considering that medical cannabis is already legal in 18 states + DC, how long until it just catches back up with you again? Recreational will continue to follow as people see that the sky doesn't fall in with legalization & regulation of medical use. Will you run away from it the rest of your life?

It will be a sad day indeed when the entire country thinks being stoned is the way to go. I guess we'll see who's right by then. I hope Colorado doesn't fail with the pot thing, I hope I'm wrong. But if I'm not, then other states will not follow suit. I have no problem with medical pot use by the way.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
xqw999 wrote: It will be a sad day indeed when the entire country thinks being stoned is the way to go

I think you can relax about that, and find something that is more of a tearjerker to be sad about. I believe there will always be a significant % of the population who will blindly accept whatever anti marijuana propaganda the government spews forth.

xqw999 wrote: I guess we'll see who's right by then.

Wether we believe that marijuana is Gods great blessing, or we believe that marijuana is satans curse on the planet, we'll ALL be right in our own minds, because belief filters out anything & everything that does not concur with what we believe.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 01-26-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado