U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 PM

13,941 posts, read 20,184,988 times

Advertisements

I don't know, man.
What was the question again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 07:13 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqw999 View Post
It will be a sad day indeed when the entire country thinks being stoned is the way to go. I guess we'll see who's right by then. I hope Colorado doesn't fail with the pot thing, I hope I'm wrong. But if I'm not, then other states will not follow suit. I have no problem with medical pot use by the way.
Ah yes, in much the same way that the entire nation became alcoholics when the 18th amendment was repealed.

Find something important to worry about, worrying about this is nonsensical. Anybody who wants to smoke cannabis has been doing so regardless of it's illegality. Your comment is just silly.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 AM

16,438 posts, read 19,081,196 times
I expect a big increase in the number of pan-handlers in Colorado now.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM

5 posts, read 5,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqw999 View Post
Ever tried to talk to a really stoned person when you're not high? Stoned people interact fine with EACH OTHER, but those who are not stoned are simply not in the same mental space. There are people who will refute this and I'll agree some people can handle pot better than others, but it is not a good direction for our culture and based on my extensive experience nothing will convince me otherwise.
I was generally the one among my friends who did not smoke - in my experience, stoned people are goofy, sometimes a bit stupid, but by no means unable to interact socially. We're not talking about making business transactions with stoned people, so who cares if they're in a different 'mental space' (whatever that means to you anecdotally).

Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM

10,058 posts, read 13,943,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I expect a big increase in the number of pan-handlers in Colorado now.
No downtown is already overrun with them, and mentally ill homeless.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:46 PM

11,607 posts, read 7,188,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Ah yes, in much the same way that the entire nation became alcoholics when the 18th amendment was repealed.

Find something important to worry about, worrying about this is nonsensical. Anybody who wants to smoke cannabis has been doing so regardless of it's illegality. Your comment is just silly.
^ This.

I've never, ever met anyone who said "Well I want to smoke weed, but I'm worried about getting arrested because it's illegal." Never. I've heard people abstain because they were worried about getting tested for it, at a job for instance, but not because the law says it's bad.

Fact is, people sometimes have this weird and amazing ability to make up their own minds about stuff. And just because it becomes legal doesn't mean that oh...well now everyone will be doing it. Will YOU start smoking just because it becomes legal?? I won't. I made my choice. But I'm all for letting others make theirs.

And that's the thing about pot smoking in Colorado. I'm betting that at least half of the people if not more, who voted to get Amdt. 64 passed, aren't even smokers and have no plans to become smokers. They voted for it, because people are sick of state resources spent putting potheads in jail, paying their baby-mamas, and etc. over something so minor and stupid. Time to get over it already and get on to more important concerns than whether somebody is lighting up in their own time in the privacy of their own home. Also I think most of us know who really profits from illegal drug trade. Cartels. Prisons. Pharma. Alcohol. The list goes on.

And by the way, a main reason I repeatedly bring up in posts here and on FB that pot can potentially have problematic effects on some users, is that I DO get sick of hearing supporters go on and on about how it's some miraculous thing that can do no possible harm. That's simply not true. It's just that when you line it up against substances that we've already deemed perfectly acceptable like cigs and booze, the negatives pale in comparison. And of course I believe wholeheartedly that there are vast societal gains to be had from decriminalization that far outweight any consequences due to people who form problematic habits with weed.

And I'm well aware of the sickening greed and racist arguments that were used to get it demonized and placed on a schedule of illegal, harmful substances in the first place. We had guys arguing before the leadership of the nation, that smoking weed would make their nice white daughters and wives go wild and run off with black jazz musicians, and that it was a nefarious plot brought into the US by Mexicans. These things were taken seriously back then. So as far as I'm concerned, the prohibition is a legacy founded on ignorance. It's time it was lifted.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:00 PM

21 posts, read 31,495 times
All these haters on here talking about how weed is bad, how Colorado will be a state of low-lifes and lazy criminals. To you all I say this... Don't hate, participate!! Colorado is one one most beautiful states with lots to offer. It will soon see the springing up of coffee shops, marijuana clubs, and everything else in between. There is a huge market for this and it will only benifit my state and people with millions if not billions coming from profit alone. A smart person would jump on this chance of a life time and figure out how to make a profit instead of sitting back and knocking it! A rush will soon hit Colorado, but this time it wont be for gold! Welcome to the Mile "High" City.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 PM

91 posts, read 151,371 times
Portugal decriminalized personal possession/use of drugs in 2001 and more than a decade later drug abuse is down at least 50%. Decriminalization has been a major success there, fewer teenagers have experimented w/ drugs, more addicts have accepted treatment and are now clean. Once "forbidden fruit" is no longer forbidden, it loses it's allure to many. The Portuguese have not legalized all drugs but they have removed drug use from the realm of criminal offenses and offer treatment to addicts rather than prosecuting them. Initially there were worries that Portugal would become a major destination for "drug tourists" but that didn't happen. New HIV infections decreased as did deaths from overdoses.
Idk if decriminalization of all drugs would work in the U.S. but I absolutely support treatment over incarceration. The Drug War has failed and I am sick of the incredible waste of tax dollars.
Colorado will not be overrun by people who want to smoke weed. Those people who want to smoke will smoke regardless of where they live.
-izzy

Old 02-12-2013, 06:20 PM

7,496 posts, read 9,712,487 times
It's making me want to move away from Colorado even more, not stay here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIowan View Post
In the coming weeks in months, I'm predicting people will be migrating/moving to Colorado due to the new Marijuana law. Which, may not be a good thing to the person migration here due to a law.. same way as people are drawn to Las Vegas and end up Unemployed/Homeless. Do you think this could be the same scenario in CO?
It already is. People move here looking for the snowy rocky mountains and end up stuck on the plains without a job and realize it's not any better to move here than anywhere else without a job.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
It's making me want to move away from Colorado even more, not stay here.
Seriously? Like they're not already there?

NEWS FLASH: People smoke weed all over the country.

Legal or not........has nothing to do with it. Will you smoke now that it's legal?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado