U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 03:22 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Here's a female on craigslist who wants to come here for MJ, worth a chuckle or a tear, depending on one's point of view.

Posted today on CL:
save me? - 21
im 21 and i live in tn but i really wanna meet someone from colorado that's super cool and smokes hella bud. i guess i want a friend right now and maybe we can be more and then you can let me come live with you and we can be stoned together forever email me with a picture of yourself and ill send you one back
Actually pretty common throughout Craigslist. You'll see similar ads in the personals section of CL throughout the country. Just search "420 friendly", you'll find 'em. Anybody who wants to smoke .... does, their state laws don't stop them.

Humorous but also quite real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 03:29 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,046,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlMuslimah View Post
People are not moving to Colorado solely for Amendment 64. .... Colorado is the only state they can access 'Charlotte Web' strain because their child suffers from severe form of epilepsy.
Here's a story on one such child. IIRC I linked to this article before, when it was first published in the Gazette. Here's the video with her story.

For more such articles, use this search.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:33 AM

30 posts, read 39,044 times
Cool So glad you left!! :))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
There will also be some people who will leave Colorado because of this--many of them long-time productive Coloradans who don't find it necessary to be a pothead to be happy and don't want to be around such people in their neighborhoods or workplaces. I may be one of them. Maybe some dips***t pothead will buy my house--cash up front, of course--if they are so damned obsessed with being somewhere that makes it easy for them to get high. Oh, wait a minute, though. In my area, most of the potheads will be on public welfare because they won't be able to pass the drug test required to secure almost any of the few decent-paying jobs in the area.
You're hilarious. ... already living with alcoholic neighbors who have more wrecks, commit more acts of domestic violence, kill more people with cars and guns than other people, and pot makes people have fewer wrecks, commit fewer acts of domestic violence and kill fewer people with cars and guns than other people - yes, that's right, even better numbers than completely sober people.

And you're leaving because of pot heads coming in? Wonderful! Cause I'm moving in, I'm sick to death of the only legal recreational drug being that monster alchohol. I guarantee you that what's going to make all the laws against pot around the country fall like dominos will be the statistical drops in murders, domestic abuse, public acts of violence, sexual crimes, and much, much more.

This won't get everyone to quit drinking alcohol, but it's going to reduce the numbers, and that alone will improve statistics. And those statistics will be BEAUTIFUL. So glad you're gone. And so sad for you, a few short years, your neighbors will be pot heads no matter where you live. Why do I suddenly hear happy band music?? Must be the bud. Good stuff. Oh and as for jobs? I've been at mine for 13 years and I'm bringing it with me. Thank you. Thank you so much for leaving before I arrive.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
Lollie Lollie: I'm sick to death of the only legal recreational drug being that monster alchohol.

You forgot about coffee/caffeine, which is also legal!

Old 08-24-2013, 09:01 AM

599 posts, read 832,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yes. If you look at many of the threads in the past few months of all the potheads that want to decamp to Colorado, a good percentage claim some sort of disability.

What you'll end up with is more people selling drugs, more welfare addicts, more panhandlers, more people with health and addiction problems.

Just like the desire to import millions of illegal unskilled mexicans on the part of the left, it is seeking out the lowest common denominator rather than raising the bar.

It would not surprise me to see the radical Gov. hickenpooper try to push through a law claiming pot heads and other drug addicts to be a "discriminated class".
I have a question for you, wanneroo: If someone is an alcoholic, are they part of a Federally protected class?

The answer is instructive.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:03 AM

599 posts, read 832,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Lollie Lollie: I'm sick to death of the only legal recreational drug being that monster alchohol.

You forgot about coffee/caffeine, which is also legal!

Cough syrup, YEAH BABY!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 PM

30 posts, read 39,044 times
Wink I'm bringing my job with me.

Quote:
Yes. If you look at many of the threads in the past few months of all the potheads that want to decamp to Colorado, a good percentage claim some sort of disability.

What you'll end up with is more people selling drugs, more welfare addicts, more panhandlers, more people with health and addiction problems.

Just like the desire to import millions of illegal unskilled mexicans on the part of the left, it is seeking out the lowest common denominator rather than raising the bar.

It would not surprise me to see the radical Gov. hickenpooper try to push through a law claiming pot heads and other drug addicts to be a "discriminated class".

I'm sixty so I'm assuming your in your eighties... honey, if you think everyone who smokes pot is broke and won't work, lol it's just your age. You've been out of the loop I guess. You'd be surprised how many of us are really productive citizens. Also, it sounds like you might be listening to fox. That's a satirical station. It's not really news. lololol

Old 08-24-2013, 09:45 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,930,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie Lollie View Post
I'm sixty so I'm assuming your in your eighties... honey, if you think everyone who smokes pot is broke and won't work, lol it's just your age. You've been out of the loop I guess. You'd be surprised how many of us are really productive citizens. Also, it sounds like you might be listening to fox. That's a satirical station. It's not really news. lololol
Some people just choose to paint a whole demographic with stereotypes rather than looking at the issue in a logical manner.

This guy would obey the government and follow them blindly if they outlawed sugar, and told him sugar-heads were lazy.

Your post say's you are bringing your job with you, so I assume you are relocating here, if so, welcome, we need more people like you.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:08 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie Lollie View Post
No I'm half your age honey.

I'm sure it was grand back in the olden days following the grateful dead around in the old VW van and inhaling mary jane until your lungs turned black, but the rest of us got to stay sober and employed to pay for all your social security and medicare.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 AM

3,147 posts, read 2,930,586 times
Quote:
No I'm half your age honey.

I'm sure it was grand back in the olden days following the grateful dead around in the old VW van and inhaling mary jane until your lungs turned black, but the rest of us got to stay sober and employed to pay for all your social security and medicare.
Do you drink alcohol?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado