Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 09:26 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I love your optimism, but it ain't gunna happen.

Per Amendment 64:

--There will be NO TAX REVENUE until a tax is put on the ballot and approved by the voters of Colorado.

--You may not smoke in public. While this has not been enforced very well, I hope that it is enforced more tightly later. If you want to smoke, fine. I don't want to smell it.

--You cannot smoke on private property without the owner's/landlord's permission. A recent story tells of a potential marijuana smoke shop whose lease was cancelled by the landlord before it could open.

--For now, the same restrictions on tobacco cigarette smoking apply to medical marijuana. In other words you cannot smoke in any establishment that sells food or drink. It remains to be seen if this restriction will be extended to recreational marijuana smoking.
I would think that any sort of pot "clubs" would not be legal due to the ban on smoking in clubs/restaurants/etc. I voted for 64 (and no, I don't smoke pot or anything at all), but I can't imagine how awful a club would be where everyone was smoking pot lol! I'd rather just see pot shops like the current MMJ shops, minus the "prescription" requirement. People can just smoke it at home. I suppose if certain clubs/bars have outdoor smoking areas, it would make sense that people could smoke it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 11:06 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
DUI on Cannabis.

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Old 02-16-2013, 12:40 PM

25 posts, read 157,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post
I don't know that I would point to Kevin Smith as a model pot smoker. All of his best work came well before he started smoking... Just sayin.
How about Richard Branson then.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:41 PM

25 posts, read 157,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I would think that any sort of pot "clubs" would not be legal due to the ban on smoking in clubs/restaurants/etc. I voted for 64 (and no, I don't smoke pot or anything at all), but I can't imagine how awful a club would be where everyone was smoking pot lol! I'd rather just see pot shops like the current MMJ shops, minus the "prescription" requirement. People can just smoke it at home. I suppose if certain clubs/bars have outdoor smoking areas, it would make sense that people could smoke it there.
Yet bars where everyone is drinking alcohol and fighting is ok.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,485 times
I would think that with all the Fracking going on in your state potheads would be the least of your concerns.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,123,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR516 View Post
Yet bars where everyone is drinking alcohol and fighting is ok.
The marijuana crowd detests the stereotyping of marijuana, yet they persist in perpetuating stereotypes about alcohol. Do fights occur? Yes. Is it a daily or weekly occurrence? No. Not for most bars, or at least at the bars I worked at.

Anyway, the difference between alcohol and marijuana, is that I can go to the bar, order a diet coke and be the designated driver without getting alcohol spilled all over me. And now that there is no smoking in bars, I don't even smell like smoke when I get home.

How will marijuana smokers have a designated driver? If smoking marijuana is allowed in a bar-style environment, you will enter a club that is thick with marijuana smoke, the workers and any designated drivers will be inhaling the second-hand smoke, which, over hours will probably leave them too high to drive home or possibly result in a DUI.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:43 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
The marijuana crowd detests the stereotyping of marijuana, yet they persist in perpetuating stereotypes about alcohol. Do fights occur? Yes. Is it a daily or weekly occurrence? No. Not for most bars, or at least at the bars I worked at.

Anyway, the difference between alcohol and marijuana, is that I can go to the bar, order a diet coke and be the designated driver without getting alcohol spilled all over me. And now that there is no smoking in bars, I don't even smell like smoke when I get home.

How will marijuana smokers have a designated driver? If smoking marijuana is allowed in a bar-style environment, you will enter a club that is thick with marijuana smoke, the workers and any designated drivers will be inhaling the second-hand smoke, which, over hours will probably leave them too high to drive home or possibly result in a DUI.
You are apparently not a regular toker. Second hand marijuana smoke does not cause intoxication.

If only it did......

Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM

129 posts, read 250,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
You are apparently not a regular toker. Second hand marijuana smoke does not cause intoxication.

If only it did......
Legalized marijunana and secondhand smoke: Is it possible to get a contact high? - Slate Magazine

Disagrees? Yes, the test is fairly extreme, but it sounds to me plausible if you were in a bar full of people smoking mj.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:36 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethehighcountry View Post
Legalized marijunana and secondhand smoke: Is it possible to get a contact high? - Slate Magazine

Disagrees? Yes, the test is fairly extreme, but it sounds to me plausible if you were in a bar full of people smoking mj.
It may be plausible but the Slate article even cautions that this test was extreme and not reflective of normal social situations. The very fact that the study was performed by the NIDA 26 years ago means it is extremely out of date. The only goal of the NIDA is to perform "research" and analysis to report the most negative possible information they can find about illegal drugs so their bias is obvious.

That is not something that will happen routinely, and it would be hard to believe that any establishment setting itself up as a private club for smoking is not going to install smoke eater eqpt to deal with all of the smoke. Just like the cigar shops that offer smoking lounges. Any business who's primary product or service is providing a venue for smoking anything would be negligent to not install proper ventilation eqpt.

The key as always is to look for studies performed by actual reputable objective scientific organizations, not those that are a cog in the government's drug war machine like the NIDA (and 26 years ago no less).

Old 02-18-2013, 06:48 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,123,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post

If only it did......
No I am not a toker, however, I believe there is a difference between hanging out with friends who is smoking and being in a club that is filled with smoke.

Every study done has limited the exposure to smoke to an hour or so, and the amount of marijuana smoke the people have been exposed to has been medium to heavy.

A person (like a club employee) who is breathing secondhand marijuana smoke for hours at a time will get THC in his or her system. How much THC and whether or not the person is high remains to be seen, but if they cross the DUI threshold, the result will be the same when they get pulled over by a cop.

Like others have said, more studies are needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado