U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 AM

12,174 posts, read 20,959,783 times

Advertisements

Given the fact that technology advances at a exponintal rate we can and will become advanced enough to do more then save the environment in our lifetime. So we can look at Califnoria and study what they did right and wrong so when we grow we can grow smartly. The next 20 years will be amazing and I want Colorado to be on the leading edge not living in the past hoping the growth somehow misses us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM

52 posts, read 109,894 times
That's a pipe dream Josseppie. Your optimism is to be commended, but reality is painting a very different picture right now. This is speculation, but looking more and more likely by the day, but when the United States of America defaults on its national debt in the not so distant future, do you really think we will have the money for this Utopian sort of lifestyle?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skifreak189 View Post
That's a pipe dream Josseppie. Your optimism is to be commended, but reality is painting a very different picture right now. This is speculation, but looking more and more likely by the day, but when the United States of America defaults on its national debt in the not so distant future, do you really think we will have the money for this Utopian sort of lifestyle?
I know it looks like blinded optimism and that is what I thought when I first heard it. However to go into detail as to why would really be off topic for this thread so instead I will post a link to a thread that talks about that very issue in the science and technology forum.

Why hasn't the Singularity gone mainstream (yet?)

Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 PM

30 posts, read 32,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Bound View Post
Seeing that the Denver metro are is the only part of the state that matters anymore, I think it's fair to say that Colorado IS California lite.

The eastern plains and most of the western slope are fairly conservative, but all that matters is the big city (as proven by last week's presidential election).
Sadly that's quite true - just as California is fairly conservative outside of the I-5 Corridor. Unfortunately it's not as simplistic as Mike would like to portray (move to Pueblo or COS) when Denver essentially votes for the whole state.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMoose View Post
Sadly that's quite true - just as California is fairly conservative outside of the I-5 Corridor.
That is true in any state as the larger cities tend to dominate politically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMoose View Post
Unfortunately it's not as simplistic as Mike would like to portray (move to Pueblo or COS) when Denver essentially votes for the whole state.
Pueblo and Colorado Springs are different and both help control the state, politically speaking that is. Its kind of like the northern versus southern I-5 corridor in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or