U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 05:05 PM

4 posts, read 5,154 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to Colorado within the 2 years. I have a 3 year old daughter who will be in school by then. We are also thinking of starting our own coffee shop/bakery. Maybe even with the new cannibas law we were thinking of opening a cannabis coffee shop. WE ARE NOT POT HEADS!! I don't even smoke. Its just something we have been thinking about doing. Any opinions on where the best place in colorado to relocate and also any info on schools would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM

20,828 posts, read 39,026,176 times
It'll be some time before MJ is legal to sell or put into baked goods, etc. All sorts of legal hurdles remain as is the matter of voters approving a new tax. The Governor is to confer with the feds soon on the legality of it all, since it's still forbidden by Federal law. There are two major threads in the COLO forums that are going hot and heavy on all aspects of the issue.

Meanwhile, a good bakery may succeed in the Front Range area along I-25 from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs. We already have a ton of starbucks and a few others around. IMO a bakery would have to offer more than the small assortment of munchies offered by starbucks in order to differentiate itself enough from starbucks to get people in; like an assortment of artisan breads, plus pies, cookies, cakes, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:31 PM

666 posts, read 1,035,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtnie1811 View Post
WE ARE NOT POT HEADS!! I don't even smoke.
I certainly admire your desire to open your own business, but if you feel you need to make such an adamant statement about your cannabis use then you probably shouldn't go that route.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM

The only reason i stated that was because anytime you bring that up. People automatically assume that thats what you are. Sorry if you got the wrong idea.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It'll be some time before MJ is legal to sell or put into baked goods, etc. All sorts of legal hurdles remain as is the matter of voters approving a new tax. The Governor is to confer with the feds soon on the legality of it all, since it's still forbidden by Federal law. There are two major threads in the COLO forums that are going hot and heavy on all aspects of the issue.

Meanwhile, a good bakery may succeed in the Front Range area along I-25 from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs. We already have a ton of starbucks and a few others around. IMO a bakery would have to offer more than the small assortment of munchies offered by starbucks in order to differentiate itself enough from starbucks to get people in; like an assortment of artisan breads, plus pies, cookies, cakes, etc.
Thanks for the info Mike. I know its gonna be awhile. It was just an idea with that we were thinking about. But I am from New Orleans and I have alot of experience baking and cooking...so thats why I want to open my own place.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:43 PM

2,514 posts, read 3,483,285 times
Just be aware that high altitude baking isn't the same as at sea level.

High-altitude baking - King Arthur Flour

We don't have alot of good bakeries probably because you can't really bake well up here.

Guide to High Altitude Baking - CSU University Resource Center

Old 11-12-2012, 07:22 AM

666 posts, read 1,035,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtnie1811 View Post
The only reason i stated that was because anytime you bring that up. People automatically assume that thats what you are. Sorry if you got the wrong idea.
The only reason I said my statement is if you feel you need to defend yourself on your use, or non use, then I don't think you should dabble in something that you obviously have a hangup with.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
The only reason I said my statement is if you feel you need to defend yourself on your use, or non use, then I don't think you should dabble in something that you obviously have a hangup with.
Whatever you say....No hangups here.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM

12,173 posts, read 20,946,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

Hey don't forget about Pueblo

With all the new development in downtown if done right there is no reason a new bakery could not make it. Especially in a couple of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado