U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 03:41 PM

4,873 posts, read 9,616,291 times

Advertisements

Clark, if you've never been west of the Florida/Georgia line, then you really do need to do lots of research on what it's like to live in Colorado. Luckily you've come to the right place. There's tons of good information on this forum about comparisons between Colorado and the east coast, about where the major employment areas (and “big cities”) are, about the weather, about dealing with altitude, etc.

How soon are you planning your trip? This time of year you can hit bad weather at any time. Right now the weather is warm, but it could change in a matter of hours. Unless you are prepared to drive in the snow and/or ice, you might want to wait until May or June for your road trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 03:47 PM

20 posts, read 48,064 times
Dreaming We are planning the trip for march april my fiance is originally from Seattle and wants to settle out west he told me I could pick it so i stumbled on this site which is greattt information first hand

Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 PM

Just so you know that March and April are the snowiest months in Colorado. That's why I said to wait until May or June. But you'll find that out when you start reading all the great threads on the forum.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:50 PM

slowly figuring it out just used to the florida weather lol so what is your opinion on canon city?

Old 12-02-2012, 08:23 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Just so you know that March and April are the snowiest months in Colorado. That's why I said to wait until May or June. But you'll find that out when you start reading all the great threads on the forum.
That's actually a good time to come for someone not used to snow. They might get to experience it and see if it is something that will work for them.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 AM

Good point, Wanneroo. I just worry about people driving all over "checking out" various parts of the state, when they aren't used to driving in snow.

Hopefully one of the threads that Clark reads is about what kind of car and tires he needs to drive in snow.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 AM

16,438 posts, read 19,083,018 times
I absolutely love snow, as long as there is a warm drink in my hand and a nice picture window between me and the snow...

Old 12-03-2012, 06:24 AM

4,231 posts, read 7,240,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark1372 View Post
I have a few questions about colorado me and my fiance want to start a new life once we marry somewhere new.. we have 2 large dogs one is a pit bull.. is colorado pitbull friendly? Whats the best area to move we want to be near a big city but not directly in a huge city? any opinions would be greatly appreciated =]
Colorado is not homogenous. For instance living in a rural area away from the front slope is going to be a vastly different experience than living in Denver, Boulder etc. Even more populated cities like Denver, Pueblo, Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins have tremendous differences.

Large dogs need plenty of space. If they are your most important priority you probably don't want to buy/rent in densely populated areas. Your budget will be a huge factor in where you can live.

GL2

Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 AM

Luckly my other half knows all about the snow so no worries there and @gunluvver2 living all around florida where northern towns hugely differ from south florida im used to dramatic change.. we are leaning towards canon city....from what im researching its small like but close to a bigger city if needed but I really wont know for sure till we take a trip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or