U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 PM

20 posts, read 48,037 times

Advertisements

I have a few questions about colorado me and my fiance want to start a new life once we marry somewhere new.. we have 2 large dogs one is a pit bull.. is colorado pitbull friendly? Whats the best area to move we want to be near a big city but not directly in a huge city? any opinions would be greatly appreciated =]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 PM

13,290 posts, read 25,455,947 times
Are you familiar with Colorado at all? What is a big city and a huge city to OP? There's Denver, there's the sprawl north and south of Denver, and that's about it.
Jobs are the important factor. I doubt you'll get many answers without more specifics, so let's hear them!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 PM

It was kind of vague wasn't it sorry never done this... I am a true floridian never been past fl ga line and im serious he has been everywhere we are wanting to start a family away from florida where its good to raise kids. outdoors alot with the two horses (dogs). atm we live in a area of 86,000 ppl and its a suburb in southern fl we want something along this range that way we are some what comfortable. Job wise Im finishing my criminal justice degree so looking to go into law enforcment of some kind he is construction mainly. I would love if it snowed never seen any but not snow 80% of the year

Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM

68 posts, read 148,567 times
Default No

Colorado is only pit bull friendly if you hang in a neighborhood full of cage fighting, tattooed-up, low rent idiots. This mainstream idea that pit bulls are so sweet is just ridiculous. When a pit bull goes off, people always get hurt. No, we do not need anymore pit bulls................

Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 AM

68 posts, read 148,567 times
Default hard facts

dog bites 2012

I am not sure how people can argue with these kind of stats. 30 dog attack deaths this year and only 7 did not involve pits or rotts.

Oh and in our town the cops just look for a reason to shoot pit bulls...................they are sick of dealing with them.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 AM

633 posts, read 890,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe View Post
Colorado is only pit bull friendly if you hang in a neighborhood full of cage fighting, tattooed-up, low rent idiots. This mainstream idea that pit bulls are so sweet is just ridiculous. When a pit bull goes off, people always get hurt. No, we do not need anymore pit bulls................
You are ridiculous and that's a bunch of crap. I'd rather live next door to a pitbull than someone like you.

Clark, according to the Animal Law Center, 8 communities in Colorado have pit bull bans: Aurora, Castle Rock, Commerce City, Denver, Fort Lupton, Lone Tree, Louisville and Wellington.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-02-2012 at 11:53 AM..

Old 12-02-2012, 11:28 AM

463 posts, read 978,412 times
Check out Canon City-there are a bunch of threads on it. Lots of prisons there and you will probably be able to find a job in criminal justice. It's pretty close to Colorado Springs for city stuff. The RE market is affordably priced, just steer clear of the epa clean up site (Cotter mill). Construction jobs will be a little tougher since building has stalled here like everywhere due to the bursting bubble.
My ex has a pitbull and she says it is the sweetest, most loveable dog that she's ever had (and she's had lots!). I think it comes down to how the animal was raised.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe View Post

Way to be rude... just because pit bulls have a bad rep because of the way they are rasied gives you no right to tell me anything about my dog. And for your information judging people because of their dog... really?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM

lugnuts thank you I will check it out I think we are planning on doing a road trip soon to get a feel of the places around to see if any of them are livable. and It is true it is all how you raise your dog

Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM

hipchik thank you for your information I just wanted to be sure considering my dog is basically family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or