U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 AM

3 posts, read 3,456 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I'm Marina and I write from Italy. I state that I do not know much English and so I use a translator on the internet, so if there are any errors try to understand.

I love America, and particularly the area of ​​Colorado, it seems that time has stopped them .... spectacular.

I live in Italy where chaos and frenzy they are the masters .... and the thought that there is a place like Colorado and its towns, I like and gives me the hope that we can go one day.

I'm glad I found this forum where you can read and learn things about this wonderful part of the world!

Thanks again and nice to meet you!

marine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 AM

22 posts, read 46,065 times
Ciao Marine. L'utilizzo di un traduttore online è una grande idea! Hello Marine. Using an online translator is a great idea!

I really only wanted to say hello. I too am a nut for Colorado and recently moved here after many years of trying. Hopefully, you'll be able to make your way to this part of the country. Its a fantastic place.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: Pls use a translator is you post non-English on City-Data.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 AM

12,173 posts, read 20,938,705 times
If you want information on Colorado there is a Italian organization that could help you.

This is the chapter in Denver.

Home | Dante Alighieri of Denver, Colorado

Pueblo, also, has a active chapter as there is a large Italian population here. I know because I am Italian. If you have any question feel free to ask me.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:40 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,013,607 times
Wink Ciao

Ciao da America e Colorado. Il tempo si è quasi fermato qui, e spesso va avanti in direzioni a volte infelici. Tuttavia, permangono nei luoghi che rientrano alta montagna le città fantasma di aspirazioni ex che iniziarono a morire quando il minerale oro o argento esaurito, le loro strutture in legno lentamente tornando a terra dalle nevi invernali dure e implacabile Dom.

Le città ovunque può essere frenetica, ma bene o male quelli che in America sarà sicuramente differenti da molti in Italia, anche il più grande in Colorado, Denver, non è che una capitale regionale. La maggior parte della popolazione di questo stato risiede a nord ea sud di Denver in una fascia relativamente stretta sottile lungo il bordo brusco delle Montagne Rocciose. A est di gran parte pianeggiante sono ampiamente disseminati di agricoltori e allevatori, e alcune città di piccole dimensioni. Come te, quando molti pensano del Colorado è per le sue montagne, di cui ci sono molti e di alta, residente a ovest di Denver.

A 301338 chilometri quadrati. (116.346 km quadrati.), L'Italia è in totale un po 'più grande dello stato del Colorado, essendo 269837 chilometri quadrati. (104.094 km quadrati.) Anche se una netta differenza è nella quantità di spazio aperto. Nell'ambito delle loro dimensioni relative Italia ha una popolazione di circa 60 milioni (2011 est), rispetto a quella del Colorado di poco più di 5 milioni (2011 est). Inoltre con la maggior parte della popolazione del Colorado residente vicino a Denver, che lascia gran parte del resto dello Stato con le città regionali solo piccole, o quelle più piccole l'equivalente moderno dei villaggi. Con anche una grande quantità di terreni messi a riposo come foresta nazionale o parco che possono avere alcune strade e sentieri, forse alcune case private sparse, ma in interi vasti tratti di bosco e prato di montagna apparentemente po 'diverso dal lancio.

Se i vostri sogni sono di questo, allora siete fortunati. Le Alpi di Italia, Svizzera, Austria e così via sono spettacolari. Le montagne del Colorado sono diversi, in geologia, e anche quota superiore generale; questo stato ha di gran lunga il maggior numero di cime oltre i 4.26 metri (14.000 piedi) negli Stati Uniti. Inoltre, come detto, gran parte del terreno è relativamente poco costante che le creature della foresta e tutte le cose selvatiche hanno ancora una possibilità in luoghi a regnare come lo faranno.

Nella cultura, forse alcune delle birre Microbrew nati di questo stato vi sedurrà. Alcuni altri aspetti, come pure, anche se in raffinatezza e che antichi luoghi come l'Italia deve essere concessa loro dovuto. Ma andiamo per la natura, e si possono trovare incanto.
(Come tradotto, si spera un po 'da vicino.)

Ciao from America, and Colorado. Time has hardly stopped here, and often marches on in sometimes unfortunate directions. Yet there remain in places within the high mountains the ghost towns of former aspirations that began to die when the gold or silver ore ran out, their wooden structures slowly returning to the ground from the harsh winter snows and unrelenting sun.

Cities anywhere can be frenetic, yet for good or ill those in America will surely seem different from many in Italy; even the largest in Colorado, Denver, is but a regional capitol. Most of the population of this state reside north and south of Denver in a relatively narrow thin band along the abrupt edge of the Rocky Mountains. To the east on largely flat land are widely scattered farmers and ranchers, and a few small towns. As yourself, when many think of Colorado it is for her mountains, of which there are many and high, residing west of Denver.

At 301,338 sq. km. (116,346 sq. mi.), Italy is in total slightly larger than the state of Colorado, being 269,837 sq. km. (104,094 sq. mi.) Although one distinct difference is in the amount of open space. Within their relative sizes Italy has a population of about 60 million (2011 est.), versus that of Colorado of just over 5 million (2011 est.). Moreover with most of Colorado's population residing near Denver, that leaves much of the rest of the state with only small regional towns, or those smaller in the modern day equivalent of villages. With also a great deal of land set aside as national forest or park which may have a few roads and trails, perhaps a few private homes scattered about, but in whole vast tracts of forest and mountain meadow seemingly little different since inception.

If your dreams are of this, then you are in luck. The Alps of Italy, Switzerland, Austria and so forth are spectacular. The mountains of Colorado are different, in geology, and also higher overall elevation; this state has by far the most peaks above 4.26 meters (14,000 feet) in the United States. Moreover, as said, so much of the land is relatively little settled that forest creatures and all things wild still have a chance in places to reign as they will.

In culture, perhaps some of the fine microbrew beers born of this state will entice you. Some other aspects as well, although in refinement and that ancient places such as Italy must be granted their due. But come for the nature, and you may find enchantment.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:04 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,757,283 times
Some years ago, I had occasion to speak with some Italian and Swiss tourists from the Alp region of both countries. They were spending the summer touring the Rockies. What astounded them were the breadth of the Rocky Mountains--all the way from northern Canada to south-central New Mexico. To them, the distances and extent of the Rockies left them breathless.

What disappointed them was the lack of "character" in the Rocky Mountain metro areas. I think that they expected some version of the Wild West instead of the homogenized suburbia slop that is now common to almost all American metro areas. The also thought that ersatz "Plastic Bavaria" places like Vail were pretty laughable. A number of them expressed that their favorite areas were the rural areas of the Rocky Mountain West, especially in less populated states like Wyoming, New Mexico, and Montana where ranching, mining and other traditional economic activities of the Rocky Mountain West still held sway at the time.

I found that both the Italian and Swiss tourists that I spoke with were quite cordial people. What did surprise me was that, among the Swiss tourists, there was not much friendliness between the French Swiss, Italian Swiss, and German Swiss groups. They pretty much stayed segregated, with not much interaction among them. So, people being "territorial" about their own region and population mix is certainly not unique to the Rocky Mountain West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado