Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Not at all. It's a psycho active drug that alters your state of mind and is not the cannabis it was 40 or 70 years ago. It is not a mild aspirin. Do you deny it is a powerful drug?

Symptoms are treated like a bombing run from a B-52 with powerful drugs that cause side effects which then require other drugs for those side effects and pretty soon you are drugged up, hazed over and need a pail to carry all your meds. Cannabis is just another hard core drug that might ease someone's arthritis but then might fry their brain or give them cancer.

I tend to think that if you have medical issues it's because something is out of balance in your body and any type of impairing drug is a last resort.

I think cannabis is a powerful drug for help, not a powerful drug for harm.

I agree with you about pills side effects can create other problems and need for more pills, in addition to maybe not helping for the original health problem.

Cannabis does not cause cancer. You can see 57 studies saying this on Granny Storm Crow's list. You will probably recognize the names of many of the universities where the studies were done. In oil form it seems to cure cancer. Smoking it can only slow down the growth of the cancer. The 2006 Donald Tashkin UCLA marijuana study seems to suggest smoking cannabis reduces chances of being diagnosed with cancer by about 10%-25% (depending on amount used & type of cancer).

A possible exception is Steve Kubby, cancer spread by 1976, last standard "treatment" 1981. Ever since then just a good diet & smoking up to an ounce a day. His cancer is still stage IV & the same size. He has been seen by the Mayo Clinic, & they confirm he is the only known long term survivor of his rare type of adrenal cancer kubby.com/ Once he almost died when he had to go 4-5 days without it.

It does not "fry" the brain. Maybe you remember the commercial with the egg. Or the so-called study by Dr. Gabriel Nahaus at Columbia University. What he did was put a face mask on a monkey & forced it to inhale all the smoke from 63 joints in 5 minutes, no air/oxygen. So then the govt claimed it could cause brain damage, but I've never heard of a cannabis user going 5 minutes breathing in only 100% smoke. I saw a study in people showing cannabis can add on to brain structure!

There could also be some confusion with permanent & temporary effects. Temporary effects are higher pulse rate but lower blood pressure from blood vessels being dilated (example enlarged red veins in eyes).
Time can seem slowed down. There's a slight chance of panic &/or hallucinations with large doses of high THC types. Temporary reduced ability to remember while under effect (2-4 hours), & some complex mental tasks may become difficult or impossible. Maybe tiredness, hunger. All these things are for a few hours or as little as a few minutes, if they occur at all. No significant long term effects.

One can weigh the above with the well-documented list of conditions it can help, even when pills fail.
rxmarijuana.com/ hosted by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD retired prof from Harvard Medical School, has compiled the patient accounts of 126 conditions helped. Granny Storm Crow's list has maybe 1,000 studies about it's safety & effectiveness, arranged alphabetically by condition. Much good info on Wikipedia, sources cited or subject to removal & has warnings when neutrality of a section is in doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
That's what it's all about, choice. I find it exceedingly ironic that certain people will get upset when their choices are being taken away (guns) but they are happy to step all over other people's rights - cannabis and same sex marrage.

I wish they could see the hypocrisy.

I'm not gay, but I support gay rights.

I'm not a gun lover, but I support their rights.

So many people want things to be 'fair' but only when it comes to their interests. Such a shame.

Guns are OK, but a plant (that has NEVER killed anyone) isn't... yea ok
Someone gives this man a high 5 for me.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
BarkAtTheMoon2002 wrote: ( I believe it's safer then ninety percent of prescription drugs)

Since we're discussing our beliefs, I'll chime in and say that I believe that MJ is safer than 99.9% of the prescription drugs approved by the FDA.
I tend to agree. Big Pharma doesn't generate cures, they generate customers.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
I tend to agree. Big Pharma doesn't generate cures, they generate customers.
Thank you someone gets it.

My buddy has a red card. His favorite line......God grows it I smoke it that settles it.

He has ADHD and insomnia works well for him. He is white collar makes 75k no Jeff Spicoli burnout.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 PM

I mentioned on the Breck thread for those of you conservatives that love to travel.........did you realize travel guru Rick Steeves smokes cannabis on a regular basis and supports legalization?

Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I mentioned on the Breck thread for those of you conservatives that love to travel.........did you realize travel guru Rick Steeves smokes cannabis on a regular basis and supports legalization?
Who? Never heard of him.

I guess since Rick Teefves smokes pot we all should?

I always find the lefty mindset of collectivism to be quite funny. "So and so does it, so you should too!". Who cares what that moron does? Be an individual and make your own choices and accept your own consequences.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:41 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
waneroo wrote: I always find the lefty mindset of collectivism to be quite funny. "So and so does it, so you should too!".

This mindset is not limited to the lefties. It's a biggie amongst the grade school kids, long before they've decided to go left or right.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Who? Never heard of him.

I guess since Rick Teefves smokes pot we all should?

I always find the lefty mindset of collectivism to be quite funny. "So and so does it, so you should too!". Who cares what that moron does? Be an individual and make your own choices and accept your own consequences.
I voted for Gary Johnson if it makes you feel better. And you were one griping about gun law changes in the state yet you want to prohibit others from exercising their free right talk about hypocrisy at it's finest. You need to turn off Rush and Bill O'Reily and think for yourself.

You need to get out more Rick Steves one of the most successful travel writers. Let me dumb it down for you. I was simply showing that a normal looking sucessful person can smoke MJ and be very successful.

I really don't care if you do or not while you are preaching to us. You are the one asking us to believe you and not think for ourselves. Take a course in logic.

And for the record I don't have a red card but I could care less if you or my co-worker has one as long as you aren't infringing on the rights of others.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-12-2013 at 09:05 PM..

Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
waneroo wrote: I always find the lefty mindset of collectivism to be quite funny. "So and so does it, so you should too!".

This mindset is not limited to the lefties. It's a biggie amongst the grade school kids, long before they've decided to go left or right.
What make me laugh the most is you have some conservatives that preach about "the demon weed" and then run off and pop benzos for anxiety problems left and right but that's ok because the FDA in bed with Big Pharma makes it legal.

Then to top it off Dr Drew on CNN showed after Whitney Houston's death showed how more people die every year in America from prescription pain killers than from all illegal drugs combined. That is very disturbing.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
What make me laugh the most is you have some conservatives that preach about "the demon weed" and then run off and pop benzos for anxiety problems left and right but that's ok because the FDA in bed with Big Pharma makes it legal.

Then to top it off Dr Drew on CNN showed after Whitney Houston's death showed how more people die every year in America from prescription pain killers than from all illegal drugs combined. That is very disturbing.
Consider the source......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado