U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
Reputation: 9316

Advertisements

Delta07 wrote: Excellent post! I've learned that people like wanaroo will never believe this research because they don't want to. Instead, they continue to believe that marijuana is a drug that belongs in it's current classification alongside heroin! They are also quick to claim that it doesn't help medically, when they have never actually tried it to make the decision.

There will always be people who are self proclaimed experts on a topic with which they have no actual experience. Bias and prejudice are the shapers of their opinion, to which they are entitled. I just laugh it off. Humor is good medicine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Excellent post! I've learned that people like wanaroo will never believe this research because they don't want to. Instead, they continue to believe that marijuana is a drug that belongs in it's current classification alongside heroin! They are also quick to claim that it doesn't help medically, when they have never actually tried it to make the decision.
Why would I dope myself up with a brain altering drug? I like living sober and alive, not stoned. I've seen plenty of stoned people in my time and I have no interest in going there. I have a career that relies on sharp reflexes and having my brain intact, I'm not sitting around on the government dole with nothing better to do but get stoned.

I did my research and I'm satisfied with my informed opinion. If others choose to use it, just don't ask me to pay for it or pay for the consequences.

I've done link wars in the past and it's pointless because those people have already rationalized their use and there is nothing I will say that will stop them from using it. I've could drag hundreds of studies and doctors in here and they'll still believe it is completely safe and harmless and has no impact on the body whatsoever. It's the same with alcoholics, meth heads, gambling junkies, you name it. Only they have the power to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
 
1,059 posts, read 1,634,577 times
Reputation: 1928
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Why would I dope myself up with a brain altering drug? I like living sober and alive, not stoned. I've seen plenty of stoned people in my time and I have no interest in going there. I have a career that relies on sharp reflexes and having my brain intact, I'm not sitting around on the government dole with nothing better to do but get stoned.

I did my research and I'm satisfied with my informed opinion. If others choose to use it, just don't ask me to pay for it or pay for the consequences.

I've done link wars in the past and it's pointless because those people have already rationalized their use and there is nothing I will say that will stop them from using it. I've could drag hundreds of studies and doctors in here and they'll still believe it is completely safe and harmless and has no impact on the body whatsoever. It's the same with alcoholics, meth heads, gambling junkies, you name it. Only they have the power to change.
Seems to me you'd rather just rely on your opinions instead of actually dealing in facts. If you expect to have any credibility on this or any other issue under online discussion, you need to be prepared to back up your opinions with facts & statistics from reputable sources. You instead choose to position yourself as all knowing on this subject, yet haven't earned the accompanying credibility by presenting data to support your position.

Your posts echo "all us is abuse" crusaders like Calvina Fay, one of the most shameful apologists in the history of the modern drug war. If you don't know who she, Google it. I'm sure you can do that.

You may be satisfied with your "informed" opinion. But you don't know what you think you know because you are terribly misinformed. hence, your unsupported opinions just represent.... more reefer madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Seems to me you'd rather just rely on your opinions instead of actually dealing in facts. If you expect to have any credibility on this or any other issue under online discussion, you need to be prepared to back up your opinions with facts & statistics from reputable sources. You instead choose to position yourself as all knowing on this subject, yet haven't earned the accompanying credibility by presenting data to support your position.

Your posts echo "all us is abuse" crusaders like Calvina Fay, one of the most shameful apologists in the history of the modern drug war. If you don't know who she, Google it. I'm sure you can do that.

You may be satisfied with your "informed" opinion. But you don't know what you think you know because you are terribly misinformed. hence, your unsupported opinions just represent.... more reefer madness.
I've very informed, I've been reading and asking about it for 30 years and being clear of mind, I'm rational enough to decide for myself not to dope myself up. Just like I don't need to jump out of a plane without a parachute or crash my car into a tree to see what it feels like, I don't need to take dope to see what mind altering effects it has on people. Unlike most people I can learn by observing the poor behavior of others.

In terms of credibility, I'm not concerned. I don't look for kudos or expect or want to win a mr. popularity contest. I learned long ago being a principled person may mean you are not popular or in with the in crowd and I'm fine with that.

If I was a paid journalist I would be more worried about spending hours of my time linking to all sorts of information you can find on your own. But for the most part I am not, and especially not here, so I've got no interest in finding links or doing your research for you.

If you choose to take drugs and choose to ignore the health effects of doing so, that is for you. It's not for me and I will not be encouraging others to do so. Have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Bend, OR
3,296 posts, read 8,421,317 times
Reputation: 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Why would I dope myself up with a brain altering drug? I like living sober and alive, not stoned. I've seen plenty of stoned people in my time and I have no interest in going there. I have a career that relies on sharp reflexes and having my brain intact, I'm not sitting around on the government dole with nothing better to do but get stoned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I've very informed, I've been reading and asking about it for 30 years and being clear of mind, I'm rational enough to decide for myself not to dope myself up. Just like I don't need to jump out of a plane without a parachute or crash my car into a tree to see what it feels like, I don't need to take dope to see what mind altering effects it has on people. Unlike most people I can learn by observing the poor behavior of others.

If you choose to take drugs and choose to ignore the health effects of doing so, that is for you. It's not for me and I will not be encouraging others to do so. Have fun.
It is all fine and well that you choose to live sober (and I guess you never take a drink of alcohol, caffeine, etc. because those alter your mind as well). Hopefully, you can always live sober and never have the need to take anything for pain or symptom relief. God forbid you ever have to eat your words.

However, the OP asked the question about weather MMJ works for pain relief for a friend. This particular thread is about that. So, while you continue to rant about how is has no effect, I'd say to let the OP's friend make an informed opinion based on those who use it for pain relief. If it works for them, then they have every right to choose it as a viable medical option. You have no experience with using MJ, as you claim, so while you believe your views to be valid, you truly don't have first hand experience. We've all heard your opinion about "drugs" a thousand times. Why continue to argue it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
188 posts, read 146,810 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Why would I dope myself up with a brain altering drug? I like living sober and alive, not stoned. I've seen plenty of stoned people in my time and I have no interest in going there. I have a career that relies on sharp reflexes and having my brain intact, I'm not sitting around on the government dole with nothing better to do but get stoned.

I did my research and I'm satisfied with my informed opinion. If others choose to use it, just don't ask me to pay for it or pay for the consequences.

I've done link wars in the past and it's pointless because those people have already rationalized their use and there is nothing I will say that will stop them from using it. I've could drag hundreds of studies and doctors in here and they'll still believe it is completely safe and harmless and has no impact on the body whatsoever. It's the same with alcoholics, meth heads, gambling junkies, you name it. Only they have the power to change.
When your career leads to an accident that leaves you with injuries that result in chronic pain that's so bad at times you literally can't stand it and the only options to provide relief are dangerous narcotic drugs because some self-righteous, uninformed authoritarian seeks to force their opinion on you, I think your perceptions might change.

While you rail against a proven safe, effective palliative you mention nothing of the myriad drugs peddled by the real drug pushers, big pharma, and you offer no alternatives or recourse for those who suffer needlessly day in and day out.

You project your perfect little wonderland on others whose lives you know nothing about. I don't like to wish things on people but I do hope the day comes when you have to learn what it's like to suffer under the same ridiculous restrictions you support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
Reputation: 9316
bobd04 wrote: the myriad drugs peddled by the real drug pushers..., big pharma

Ah but these drug pushers are corporate drug pushers, with the blessing of the government, so that makes em legit! Totally normal in this society to be addicted to a cabinet full of pharmaceuticals, and no one bats an eyelash. But admit to having an occasional toke of mj, and you'll be thought of as a doper by the brainwashed moralists nazis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM
 
Location: The Valley of the Sun
1,481 posts, read 2,252,275 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Totally normal in this society to be addicted to a cabinet full of pharmaceuticals, and no one bats an eyelash. But admit to having an occasional toke of mj, and you'll be thought of as a doper by the brainwashed moralists nazis.
I wouldn't go so far as to say methadone, codeine, zanex or any other addictive mood/mind altering pharmaceutical is socially acceptable, but they are legal. Those drugs are harder on your mind, kidneys and liver, and are addictive unlike mj. People like wanaroo will think what they want to and they are certainly entitled to their opinion. I really don't give a tihs what people think, I'm still going to get high as soon as I get home from snowboarding this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
 
Location: The Valley of the Sun
1,481 posts, read 2,252,275 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Why would I dope myself up with a brain altering drug?
Nobody is forcing you to but it is not up to you to determine what is best for other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM
 
180 posts, read 221,562 times
Reputation: 212
Marijuana has no specific side effects other than the paranioa etc which should be remedied by living in a place where it's legal. Apart from that, whether it's effective for a particular illness is open to experimentation. The only one I am aware of it having shown proven effacaciouness in is glaucoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top