U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 PM

557 posts, read 665,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Since it doesn't fit your template of what drug using is, I'm making stuff up? Right. So sad too bad. Don't waste my time with that nonsense.
It doesn't fit anybody's template that has ever had experience with it. You're the one dealing nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 PM

225 posts, read 274,026 times
I'm from Maine. I'm 55, have been in chronic pain for 30 years, and I just got my certification, but I've been using for medicinal purposes for about 2 months.

Yes, it works. Within two days of starting, I was able to reduce my medication in half. It is helping with a sleeping disorder I've had for 50 years. My doctor just informed me of another type for me to try during the day.

All you need is one puff, sometimes two. This isn't going to do anything to the world as a whole, but for those of us who have been in pain (and no sleep) for over 30 years, it's a Godsend.

I'd also like to mention that my 75-year-old neighbor who is also in great pain has started using occasionally. I've known her two years and have never seen her smile so much before. She not high, she's just calm, relaxed, and pain free. She's also asked if she can use it while she quits nicotine addiction.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 PM

13,294 posts, read 25,470,882 times
Glad to hear it's effective for some kinds of pain. It's now legal in my state of Massachusetts, although I must say people don't seem particularly revved up. Maybe down at the cancer center.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:54 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,840,183 times
brightdoglover wrote: It's now legal in my state of Massachusetts, although I must say people don't seem particularly revved up. Maybe down at the cancer center.

Not necessary for people to be revved up. The good thing is that the people of Massachusetts have a CHOICE.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM

3,103 posts, read 2,835,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
the people of Massachusetts have a CHOICE.
That's what it's all about, choice. I find it exceedingly ironic that certain people will get upset when their choices are being taken away (guns) but they are happy to step all over other people's rights - cannabis and same sex marrage.

I wish they could see the hypocrisy.

I'm not gay, but I support gay rights.

I'm not a gun lover, but I support their rights.

So many people want things to be 'fair' but only when it comes to their interests. Such a shame.

Guns are OK, but a plant (that has NEVER killed anyone) isn't... yea ok

Old 03-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Remember, Mass. has legalized medical MJ, not social.
I just spoke with my elderly friend in CO and was stunned to find out that she hasn't tried MJ for her pain yet. Really stunned. I urged her to see her doctor and ask for a referral or prescription and at least try it- don't know why she wouldn't. (She has to take narcotic pain killers just to get through the day, or, one or two a day for activity). She once tried a hash brownie and didn't care for it (thank you, son!) but I told her she could smoke it or get a vaporizer or whatever- surely the dispensary would be able to help her get started.

I so hope it helps her. She's such a vibrant person and it's hard to know how limited she is now.

Massachusetts did vote for medical MJ, but voted by one point against physician-assisted suicide. Now *that's* a choice that I wanted to see.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:44 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,840,183 times
brightdoglover wrote: She has to take narcotic pain killers just to get through the day, or, one or two a day for activity

This is a great example of the effectiveness of the consistent programming used by the medical monopoly to brainwash people into believing that anything that is not AMA or FDA approved is quackery. Scare the crap out of everybody and convince them to take their ( approved ) drugs.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 PM

I am looking forward to hearing how MMJ affects her. Will call next week to give her a nudge if she hasn't already done so.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 AM

225 posts, read 274,026 times
Medicinal use is not "regular" use. A majority of doses is 1-2 puffs. Total. Some do once a day, some do more.

I personally do 1-2 puffs immediately before closing my eyes at night (or early a.m.)

That's it. No other use. If a tolerance develops, my doctor provided me with instructions to "cleanse" the body, but said with the amount I'm using, I shouldn't have any problems.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 AM

11,645 posts, read 7,207,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
That's what it's all about, choice. I find it exceedingly ironic that certain people will get upset when their choices are being taken away (guns) but they are happy to step all over other people's rights - cannabis and same sex marrage.

I wish they could see the hypocrisy.

I'm not gay, but I support gay rights.

I'm not a gun lover, but I support their rights.

So many people want things to be 'fair' but only when it comes to their interests. Such a shame.

Guns are OK, but a plant (that has NEVER killed anyone) isn't... yea ok
I just quickie repped ya, this is a great post. Pretty much what I've been on about this whole time.

How can a person carry on about a "nanny state" robbing them of their freedom when gun rights are being discussed and modified (not even eliminated, at this point, just tweaked) and yet it's totally OK for the government to restrict the freedoms and choices of those doing things the gun lover doesn't like. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado