U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:18 PM

4 posts, read 8,772 times

Advertisements

Hi and good day all!

It's amazing the myriad of feelings I get just from reading this thread. Seriously getting a heavy feeling in my face and the tear ducts are about to..

Some people in this thread and a lot of politicians/people in our country (due to a smear campaign thanks to DuPont among others) don't realize this is about COMPASSION & FREEDOM of CHOICE. I'm not saying there isn't side effects from this sacred herb. Yet who's to tell me that I don't have the choice to use this plant & come to my own conclusions?

Arguing doesn't help people get better. Sigh, our ego are worth nothing here! This is about compassion for our fellow humans, or relation to each other & with our mother earth. When people are sick & hurting, they need compassionate care. This might be a mix of plants, big pharma, whatever. It's about what is healthiest for the individual. Cosmic said it best, you need to look at the whole picture with health. Many factors come into play. The best thing is to be aware as possible and spirited. We are consciously evolving as a species, individually & universally all at once. Hopefully, we can not lose/forget our deep, deep roots as we step forward with our technological advances.

On an unrelated note, the closest to spirit I've ever felt was from fasting (juice). I've also read examples where it has cured cancer under a Dr.'s supervision. An open mind is like an open parachute. It works a lot better open and the power of thought is no slouch either.

Let's not rig the chute so it won't even open folks. And remember people, as outraged at MY gov't as I am for fighting for ALL the wrong things, we need to be compassionate towards all people to create the lasting change we want. We should be waging all out WARS on famine, social change in relation to waste/energy, RENEWABLE energy, poverty, saying no to anything that creates air/water pollution. How did we end up so bass ackwards? Guess that's for another thread. When things come to a head, it sure is gonna be ugly. :/

The best thing I can recommend for experimenting with medical herb is to find a compassionate knowledgeable Dr. AND/or knowledgeable dispensary or caregiver. Talk to others with similar ailments, etc. It's effects are different for everyone but there's also many different routes of administration from oral, sublingual, vaporizing, smoking, raw, micro doses of oil, etc. that can also play the part of efficacy.

Please watch this video for some intelligent info into our biological symbiosis with this plant:

Raw Cannabis: A Dietary Essential - William Courtney, MD (NORML Live Show) - YouTube

The above model was used from this site:
Global Conscioussness Forum - The Intelligent Heart Model-English

Here's a link that gives more info regarding cancer & cannabis therapy:

Run From The Cure The Rick Simpson Story (Full Version) - YouTube

There are many natural therapies that can be used on their own or in conjunction with other medicines.

Blessings,
rf

There are no 'sides' to true compassionate care~

Last edited by rivrfox; 04-02-2013 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 PM

2,139 posts, read 5,631,447 times
Beautifully said. Herbal medicine in general is definitely worth checking out.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,410,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I've read that absorption with edibles is less effective than with vapor or smoke. But I think that if I needed medical MJ or needed to try it for an ailment, I'd go for a vaporizer. I don't smoke and when I smoked MJ as a teenager (which only made me more hungry and depressed) it was like a rake of thorns on the throat.
When I work on a dementia inpatient service, for several years, the service has been using Marinol for supposed appetite improvement and certainly for calming. I gather Marinol is synthesized THC. I wonder if they could try another form of medical MJ now that it's legal in my state?

Yes, the problem with edibles is one must wait maybe 1 hour to find out if they've had right amount, too much, or too little. I agree with you that a vaporizer is often best, avoid coughing from smoking, and with COPD smoking it would be more of a problem than for most. Some with COPD have more trouble breathing with a smell in the air, and COPD might require more oxygen, and the carbon monoxide inhaled from a burning substance would likely reduce amount of oxygen available.

The possible problem with Marinol is that being 100% synthesized THC, it may cause panic attacks due to the lack of CBD (cannabidiol), which calms & lessens chance of panic attack, & is found in the whole plant.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp-D-Derp View Post
Medicinal use is not "regular" use. A majority of doses is 1-2 puffs. Total. Some do once a day, some do more.

I personally do 1-2 puffs immediately before closing my eyes at night (or early a.m.)

That's it. No other use. If a tolerance develops, my doctor provided me with instructions to "cleanse" the body, but said with the amount I'm using, I shouldn't have any problems.

IMO, "regular" use makes more sense for medicinal use than "recreational" use. Look at all the pills that say take 1-2 at a time, a few times a day. Cannabis effects last 2-4 hours, in between that, a person with medical need probably won't feel as good.

With me, I have about 20 medical problems, & feel about like I'm dying or need to die most of the time. I require about 10-20 times the dose of those that are in better health. This may be due to the harmful pills I'm taking. I can't afford the average price of $380/oz when that is over half my monthly income (social security & disability combined).

Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Glad to hear it's effective for some kinds of pain. It's now legal in my state of Massachusetts, although I must say people don't seem particularly revved up. Maybe down at the cancer center.
126 medical uses are known rxmarijuana.com/

Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 PM

225 posts, read 273,873 times
Within a week of starting use, my drugs and doses were down 50%. I only use it at bedtime. I don't feel ill inbetween, but if someone does, it just means they require a different "dose" than I do.

I have to pay, too .. but only buy $25/tiime .... and rarely more than $50/mo.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
brightdoglover wrote: She has to take narcotic pain killers just to get through the day, or, one or two a day for activity

This is a great example of the effectiveness of the consistent programming used by the medical monopoly to brainwash people into believing that anything that is not AMA or FDA approved is quackery. Scare the crap out of everybody and convince them to take their ( approved ) drugs.

The FDA has never made rulings on plants & now the AMA supports medical marijuana again. But I agree with you about people being misled.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
At one time cigarette smoking was just fine and dandy as well until it became apparent it had harmful long term effects on people. Like a lot of things out there from radiation to coal dust, the long term effects were often never studied or considered. Now with hindsight we can see the damage done by such things.

This isn't 1937 anymore. The cannabis today is a product that has 40 times the thc levels as it did in the late 1960's. It's no longer deadhead grandma's lite little stimulant. Like a lot of potentially lethal prescription drugs, I don't believe people should so readily taking cannabis just to soothe any malady they think or may have. It might give them other health issues or make their current ones worse.

MMJ can often help better than pills for 126 medical conditions, according to patient testimonials on
rxmarijuana.com/ hosted by retired Harvard Med Sch Prof Lester Grinspoon, MD. Granny Storm Crow's list has maybe 1,000 studies & verifiable anecdotes. Wikipedia has much good info, sources cited. I believe!
Dr. Grinspoon's young son died of cancer but MJ helped him eat so he lived another year and a half.

Rick Simpson lived in the tiny town of Maccan, Nova Scotia, Canada. In 2008, he applied cannabis oil to some spots that seemed to be skin cancer & they went away. Then, he spent his entire life savings of $1.3 million curing people of cancer and other fatal illnesses, using cannabis oil. A fraud does something
to make millions, not give it away. See his 58 minute video Run From The Cure.

In the US Dispensatory of 1851, cannabis was listed as a good treatment for all mental problems. It has been used by over 1 billion since our earliest recorded history, so long term effects are well known.

My story: I have about 20 health problems diagnosed or suspected, resulting in constant pain signals coming to my brain from all parts of my body 24/7. This causes me serious depression & anxiety, amongst other things. I often wonder if there is any valid reason not to commit suicide, when it has been the only thing that has been of much help. Doctors & Big Pharma had 60+ years to help me, without much success. Time poll: 25% of Americans say they are in chronic pain. Says plenty about failures of Docs & Big Pharma.

A then 33 y/o man on another forum said cannabis cured his mom's seizures after 25 prescriptions failed.
Big Pharma was given sole rights by Gerald Ford in 1976 to decide who gets MJ research $$. Big Pharma just needs 1-2 studies of 4 to 6 months to get a new pill approved, long term effects unknown, with the result being 125,000 Americans being killed annually, & many more temporarily or permanently disabled.

Tobacco cigarettes were "fine & dandy" because for about half a century, government gave sole rights to tobacco companies to do tobacco research. Get away from government-corporate sites if you want better health & longer life.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,775 times
Actually when ate or vaporized, it's a POWERFULL antioxidant (google the Harvard study on weed preventing and shrinking already existing tumors in patients) what everybody here is NOT saying is that you can't IGNITE it and get health benefits , but vaporization is not igniting it( which in turn creates tar and actual smoke etc) I don't smoke but I'm a factual research type of guy, I don't know why anyone would comment and not provide AT LEAST some direction in the reasearch capacity, medical Mary Jane is effective ( I believe it's safer then ninety percent of prescription drugs) which have very little time tested on them in the first place, and just watch the commercials of these drugs THE side effects are wonderfull

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-07-2013 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
BarkAtTheMoon2002 wrote: ( I believe it's safer then ninety percent of prescription drugs)

Since we're discussing our beliefs, I'll chime in and say that I believe that MJ is safer than 99.9% of the prescription drugs approved by the FDA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado