U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 AM

11,049 posts, read 12,398,038 times

Advertisements

Telluride.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM

1,742 posts, read 2,690,109 times
Salida.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM

1,123 posts, read 2,445,057 times
What's with all the haters? Any ski/tourist town fits the bill for the O.P.

Telluride and Salida were both mentioned, and I concur. Pretty much anywhere.

There is also Stoner, CO. Yes that is a real town.
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...endment_64.php

Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 AM

85 posts, read 156,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardware67 View Post
I am looking to move to a 420 friendly environment that is semi rural and in or near the mountains and evergreen forests.

<snip>

I am not a picky person, I can work various jobs and delivering pizza is even o.k with me. I can always find a cheap place to live. I might even buy a large camper to live in and tow that to Colorado with my car.
You're not going to be able to find a cheap place to live in the mountains - at least not cheap enough that you can afford it by working "various jobs". And even if you did, how would you afford weed? The going rate at the medical dispensaries is somewhere between $200-$400 an oz. And if you're willing to uproot and move somewhere just so you can smoke legally/semilegally, I'm guessing you'd burn through that much in a week, 2 weeks tops. If you insist on living in Colorado, you might be able to afford living closer to the city - Denver, maybe... Just know that although law enforcement can't arrest you for possession (and probably wouldn't have even before prop 64 passed), buying pot commercially (without a medical card) is still at least a year away.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
SoButCountry wrote: Exactly how does one go about "shoving" cannabis into their body?

Maybe GoneNative got kidnapped by a bunch of long haired hippie freaks who forced his mouth open and stuffed copious amounts of marijuana down his throat.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attentionspanltd View Post
You're not going to be able to find a cheap place to live in the mountains - at least not cheap enough that you can afford it by working "various jobs". And even if you did, how would you afford weed? The going rate at the medical dispensaries is somewhere between $200-$400 an oz. And if you're willing to uproot and move somewhere just so you can smoke legally/semilegally, I'm guessing you'd burn through that much in a week, 2 weeks tops. If you insist on living in Colorado, you might be able to afford living closer to the city - Denver, maybe... Just know that although law enforcement can't arrest you for possession (and probably wouldn't have even before prop 64 passed), buying pot commercially (without a medical card) is still at least a year away.
Well, even with a job, cannabis ain't cheap as you explain above. Under A64 you can grow your own (up to 6 plants anyway) and that would be about the only affordable way to maintain any kind of stash for personal use by most anybody trying to live in the mountains. And even that has a lead time with time required for growth, harvest, drying, and curing. Not to mention the cost of the soil or hydro supplies & energy costs for lights to do it. Growing quality cannabis requires time & patience.

Colorado is not a good place to move to without a plan in place. Alluring, yes.... forgiving.... no.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
SoButCountry wrote: Exactly how does one go about "shoving" cannabis into their body?

Maybe GoneNative got kidnapped by a bunch of long haired hippie freaks who forced his mouth open and stuffed copious amounts of marijuana down his throat.
Well, that explains it. I usually just bake a batch of cookies or brownies using some cannabis butter. So much easier to swallow that way.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM

1,123 posts, read 2,445,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attentionspanltd View Post
You need a new supplier, bro. Ads in Westword claim $20 1/8ths and $120 ounces.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM

3,181 posts, read 7,022,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
You need a new supplier, bro. Ads in Westword claim $20 1/8ths and $120 ounces.

I guess things are more expensive in the mountains, surprise. The Vail paper has it for $200 p/oz for members, $225 non-members

Old 04-13-2013, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,288 times
I just wanted to say I really don't think 10 percent of the voters of the great state of Colorado passed this!!! And you can keep your head in the sand all you want. there are some old stoners coming there to retire. Guess what not all are going to be pizza boyz. Some are bringing there money talents and ambition!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado