U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 PM

493 posts, read 701,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbluntz View Post
I just wanted to say I really don't think 10 percent of the voters of the great state of Colorado passed this!!! And you can keep your head in the sand all you want. there are some old stoners coming there to retire. Guess what not all are going to be pizza boyz. Some are bringing there money talents and ambition!!
Quite right - and that's a ton of talent, especially in the computer field and business start-up savvy. The op is just describing early retirement. It's pretty cheap to get into a roommate situation with the younger people who are staffing the ski resorts and fast-food places. That is prime co-op grower territory. Some of the land is pretty cheap, where the water is gone. lots of rural mobile homes and camper setups already exist. byow.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:23 PM

463 posts, read 978,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardware67 View Post
....I am not looking to get rich or have a significant other. I just want to enjoy nature and be able to enjoy my Maryjane.

What part of Colorado would you recommend and why?
The vast majority of rural Colorado will be a good fit for you, especially if you choose to be poor and celibate. +1 for Salida. Also check out Buena Vista. There are places close to BV where you can camp (Four Mile campsites on the east side of the Ark through the railroad tunnels) and be close to work. Also, City Market usually hires help for the summer tourist season. Good luck.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 PM

10,058 posts, read 13,945,641 times
Pagosa Springs would work for you although you would probably find a younger more happening 420 crowd in Durango and Durango is $$$.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 PM

10,058 posts, read 13,945,641 times
And there's plan B if things don't work out..........

living in a van down by the river video clip - YouTube

Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM

463 posts, read 978,594 times
You have probably thought of this, but in case you haven't: larger companies require drug testing. Not all of them, but many will and they may also require a background check. It will limit your employment opportunities to smaller businesses or those that are sympathetic to our new MJ policy.

Make sure the heater in your RV works. GL

Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 AM

2,943 posts, read 7,302,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attentionspanltd View Post
You're not going to be able to find a cheap place to live in the mountains - at least not cheap enough that you can afford it by working "various jobs". And even if you did, how would you afford weed? The going rate at the medical dispensaries is somewhere between $200-$400 an oz. And if you're willing to uproot and move somewhere just so you can smoke legally/semilegally, I'm guessing you'd burn through that much in a week, 2 weeks tops. If you insist on living in Colorado, you might be able to afford living closer to the city - Denver, maybe... Just know that although law enforcement can't arrest you for possession (and probably wouldn't have even before prop 64 passed), buying pot commercially (without a medical card) is still at least a year away.
The OP is from Cleveland, where you can buy a house for less than a new car, so of course he has distorted views. If you're not coming here to be a productive member of society, then I suggest you look at Vermont, Colorado doesn't need you. Not that I have a problem with weed or anything, but you can't just be a lazy high bum all the time.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:01 PM

3,103 posts, read 2,833,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
If you're not coming here to be a productive member of society, then I suggest you look at Vermont, Colorado doesn't need you. Not that I have a problem with weed or anything, but you can't just be a lazy high bum all the time.
Very true. The OP should consider how his life looks to random strangers. Freedom and the pursuit of happiness? Nah, that's just for the week-end after you're payed your debt to society. Maybe PM Ryan, he'll set you straight on acceptable ways to live your life.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 PM

473 posts, read 693,260 times
Quote:
and I doubt anywhere close to 50% are okay with someone moving to the state to get high and not contribute to society.
Quote:
Not that I have a problem with weed or anything, but you can't just be a lazy high bum all the time.
While I don't find the OP's lifestyle a paragon of productivity, a job delivering pizzas is a job, which serves a function and garners taxes, which we (who judge him) benefit from.

Prejudice apart, push pin is equal to poetry.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 828 times
I guess people can't come on here with a simple question without being ridiculed for their lifestyle choices!! The man asked a simple question. If you have nothing decent to say, then shut the **** up! He's not attacking your choices!!!!

Old 03-25-2014, 09:45 AM

1,123 posts, read 2,445,057 times
Aspen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado