U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,783 times

Advertisements

I'm a woman in her younger twenties who is thinking of pursuing a career in the acupressure/acupuncture area. I have no idea where I could live happily and pursue this career. I'm more of a laid back, hippie girl if you want to put it that way. I don't like the city too much, but I'm ok with being close to it, as long as public transportation is is how I can travel successfully. It seems the places that I have interest in are out of my price range, Boulder, Berkeley, places like that.
Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 PM

1,123 posts, read 2,445,057 times
You'll probably first want to research acupuncture schools. Then move close to one.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:03 PM

13,947 posts, read 20,190,335 times
Default Delusional

Quote:
I'm a recent college grad who is looking to relocate to the west. I've come to realize over the years that I will not be able to continue to live on the east coast. This fast pace ever demanding lifestyle is not for me. I want to be somewhere much more relaxed. I would love to be in a more accepting area, a place that is more on the eco friendly side and well, a hippie like atmosphere.
See the 420 post.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM

13,292 posts, read 25,459,767 times
My anecdotal observation is that places that are similar to Boulder, etc., are similar in price and there are acupuncture and massage people every ten feet. If a place is not similar in cost, I'm not sure how many people living there have the inclination or income to buy the service.
I live in an East Coast area that is full of excellent alternative health people, and massage and acupuncture schools. Not sure if everyone is doing business at all, and many have "day jobs." But there is a population to buy the services. I think it's always difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado