Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,109,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethehighcountry View Post
I just prefer when people are open to discussion rather than blindly committed to certain ideas.
Then BOULDER is probably far worse than Montrose (or any other part of the state, conservative or otherwise) in this respect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times
Quote:
Whoa Jim, chill a little man ... I did ask for people to disagree, but let's be nice about it.
I wasn't aware my post wasn't nice. I apologize if I offended you. Good luck in your search for the perfect place.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM

129 posts, read 250,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I wasn't aware my post wasn't nice. I apologize if I offended you. Good luck in your search for the perfect place.
Sorry for my misinterpretation! Thank you for the valuable insights.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 AM

Somebody please give me a reason to not like the Ark River Valley, besides the price! Just looking for anyone saying something bad about Salida / BV.

Let's hear some opinions on Canon City.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,131,560 times
Quote:
. . .

Let's hear some opinions on Canon City.
One of the many threads about Canon City:
canon city co whats like there

Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Thank you Suzco; we have very good threads on Canon City already available, please read those first and if there are comments or questions then add them to THAT thread.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 AM

I've read the threads listed in the link at the top of this forum...

I'm talking more specifically FOR ME.

IT would seem weird to me to clutter a general thread with things directed only at me, but its your forum.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,109,233 times
Quote:
Somebody please give me a reason to not like the Ark River Valley, besides the price! Just looking for anyone saying something bad about Salida / BV.
Smelly river-people

Seriously, though. There isn't much to dislike about the Ark Valley.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,685,125 times
If I were in your situation, and wanted to live somewhere strictly in Colorado, I would pick either Salida/BV or Durango. My husband and I have looked at relocating to Salida, as we lived in Fairplay before, and loved the Arkansas Valley. Our biggest reason for not going there is that there isn't work. We also really love where we are now in Oregon. I actually have several friends who either used to live, or now live in Salida. All of these friends are younger than 40, have small kids, and absolutely love it there. It is small though, so if you need a bigger city close, it may not fit your needs. But, if you love the outdoors and it's a priority, you can't really go wrong.

Durango would be my second choice, although I don't really like what is happening down there right now with gas development. It's more isolated though than Salida, although bigger, so that may not be an issue for you.

Since you have the ability to take your job with you, what about renting a place in some of these locations first to see if you enjoy them? You should be able to figure out within a year whether you like it enough to stay there. That's my 2 cents...

Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,659,149 times
I think you answered your question when you posted. You have very specific criteria and seem to have made your mind up before you started -- hence your very thorough list of pros and cons on all of the places that we would suggest. And apparently aren't really open to reading existing threads, or you would have responded differently to our very nice moderator, Mike From Back East.

The main BAD thing about Salida/Buena Vista is that you are going to be 2-1/2 hours from a large population center.

At this point, I'm not sure what else anyone has to offer you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado