U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM

397 posts, read 588,461 times

Advertisements

Have you looked into Bailey or Pine on the 285 corridor? It's far enough out that you can find acreage and close enough in to find people to board game with. The area has wonderful places to bike, hike, camp, and fish. Just a suggestion. Good luck in your search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM

811 posts, read 1,223,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethehighcountry View Post
I am sorry I offended the people of Colorado Springs. I have spent time there and I was uncomfortable and that is all I was trying to illustrate.

I don't preach my lifestyle to anyone, but I sure as heck wouldn't live, for instance, in the ghettos of Detroit. Come to think of it, I did live on the south side of Chicago for 6 years (4 years only half by choice ) ... was ok but I'm not a city person.
I don't think you "offended" the people of Colorado Springs. In one of your posts you invited/requested people "change your mind" about Colorado Springs, then said they were doing a bad job of changing your mind by responding badly to your criticism.

I took a shot at trying to give you (and others) a better sense of the totality of the area, but I guess that was sort of a wasted effort as it turns out you simply don't do the city/ghetto thing and were "uncomfortable" during your time in the Springs. Got it.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:03 AM

129 posts, read 216,393 times
No no no.. oh my gosh, sometimes I hate the internet. I completely got your point ... Colorado Springs is a big place and certainly cannot be lumped into one stereotype, much as while Boulder has a bunch of vegan Berkinstock wearing hippies ... obviously I live here and I hunt and fish and eat Berkinstocks, err ...

You pointed out that I might be comfortable with the SW side of Colorado Springs ... that's exactly the kind of information I am looking for!

Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM

38 posts, read 190,064 times
Have you considered the Frederick/Firestone area? I live there and think it could be exactly what you're looking for. It's less expensive than most places in Colorado (housing prices and taxes) and is a good mix of urban and rural housing. I'm sure you could find the land you're looking for in the area. There are numerous subdivisions in the area so you would have people to play games with and it's only a 20 minute drive to north Denver, Longmont and Loveland. It's a 30 minute drive to Boulder and about 35 minutes to the south side of Ft. Collins. You can even fish at Milavec in Frederick.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM

34,915 posts, read 31,952,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethehighcountry View Post
My experience with Colorado Springs has been the area inside the I-25 / Academy BLVD loop. I welcome you to give me cause to re-evaluate my position, especially on the areas outside of this district.
I love the Springs. From the South side here. It reminds me of Denver before it got too big.

Excellent hunting and fishing close by the Springs too.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,175,336 times
Black Forest??

Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,198,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Black Forest??
How many acres do you have to buy to get an outside use well permit?

Old 02-27-2013, 02:31 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,046,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
How many acres do you have to buy to get an outside use well permit?
IIRC it's usually 35 acres, but may vary a bit around the state.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,046,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Black Forest??
IIRC Black Forest has many hundreds of 3-to-5 acre plots that need well and septic, but I'm not 100% sure.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,224,294 times
I live on 5 acres in northern Black Forest, with a domestic well and septic. With a domestic well you can water outside (up to a certain large limit) and water livestock. This is very common in Black Forest area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado