U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM

129 posts, read 216,393 times

Advertisements

We had a showing of some places in Buena Vista yesterday. Nothing to pull the trigger on.

I had looked into Black Forest at one point and found the houses there to be well over 400k. My wife said when she looked there it was very reasonable, so we'll have to look again. The location is not perfect to me, but it is good enough to look more closely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 AM

We're still considering renting, as well. Does anyone know of a good resource for finding REAL rentals in the Salida / BV valley? All I can find when I use things like craigslist and padmapper are vacation rentals.

Ahhh, and as I type this post my brain kicked in...

The Chaffee County Times - Real Estate for Rent
TheMountainMail.com - Real Estate for Rent

The newspaper ... I had forgotten those exist!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Time on our current lease is now under 3 months. We have an offer on a house in BV, but the current owner rejected it without counter citing the current upswing in the Denver markets and the spring "buying season". I'm predicting the BV market is not going to follow the front range trend, and therefore biding my time. We're watching for suitable rentals in the Ark Valley.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 PM

13,947 posts, read 20,190,335 times
Default Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethehighcountry View Post
We have an offer on a house in BV, but the current owner rejected it without counter citing the current upswing in the Denver markets and the spring "buying season".
This [non] seller is confused.

1. The craziness in greater Denver is due to lack of inventory and not to a huge increase in sales.

2. If Zillow is accurate, there are a lot of houses for sale in greater Buena Vista.

3. The Spring buying season is accurate only for those with school-age children. The BV market has a huge vacation home aspect to it which is not part of the Spring offensive.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:39 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,019,284 times
Wink What little I know about real estate

I've recently read of upswings in various markets, such as in Miami, New Jersey, and Seattle. Denver was among them, and notable as one of the top ten real estate markets experiencing "flash sales."

If a property sells in less than 24 hours after listing, then considered a flash sale. In some cases they are selling prior to official listing. Then also with multiple offers.

Bend, OR was another area with a reported upswing, although not at this level. And with some longer in the market cautioning that renewed interest more a reflection of adjustments and some growth, versus just nose diving as before. Buena Vista, CO is probably more like Bend. In my experience, limited as it may be, mountain real estate has a distinctly different market and behaviors than that urban. Or, real estate in Denver might be selling like hot cakes—and few will show much interest in your pancake breakfast in Buena Vista or other even more remote locals.

But a caveat. Some of these urban markets demonstrate that many buyers certainly have the interest, and somehow the money. Also, seemingly, a short memory and a lack of common sense. So there is no accounting. For the seller, anyway, even well out in the out and beyond, just tell any prospective buyer that no more of this God's country is being created—technically true—and in their rush they may just snap it up at an unadvisable premium.

But, in the mountains, don't count on it.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:48 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
lovethehighcountry wrote: Does anyone know of a good resource for finding REAL rentals in the Salida / BV valley?

When I was in the Salida library a week ago today to check my email, I noticed quite a few rentals in the local newspaper, The Mountain Mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado