U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:23 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,211,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It's funny how city dwellers are quick to call rural people "hicks" when we supply you with all your water, food, oil, gas, energy and a variety of other basic raw materials.

Interesting to see how those attitudes pan out when times get tougher. Hmmmm...

Rush Limbaugh had an interesting dialog the other day going in regards to an article that said the new feminism was staying home to raise your children. For 40 years liberals have tried to change nature, turn men into sissyboys subservient to women, women into dominating, muscular men, gay relationships into being normal, male/female marriage into being abnormal, children and unborn children as being a scourge on the earth that holds women back, etc.

And yet nature always reasserts itself. Two hotdogs and two buns don't make children that continue the species.

To me what I see with most gay people I come across is that it's a fad and a way to obtain attention, as coming out and declaring yourself gay gets all sort of sympathy and a pass on any bad behavior you might engage in as we have to all be understanding of your "struggle". This attempt to hijack marriage is just part of the big drama.

I think in 20 years people will all look back on this and laugh.
I'm laughing at your post right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 02:46 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm laughing at your post right now!
I always seek to entertain!

Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,731,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNative View Post
Why move when you can change it?

Conservatives in Colorado aren't going anywhere. The legislature is quite a bit to the left of your average Coloradan, so it makes my job a little easier. I actually heard an 80-some-year-old lady tell Michael Brown that her family wants to move her closer to them, but she's refusing to leave Colorado until she has the chance to vote Democrats out of office.

So we're starting to experience a conservative backlash. I wouldn't want to miss that. Besides, the left is targeting Texas in exactly the same way that they've been targeting Colorado. Colorado has the opportunity to show the way for Texas, Arizona, and the rest of the country what it means to take back your government when it is hijacked by gerrymandering, well-monied liberals.
These are pretty bold statements given your track record on political predictions. I remember how convinced you were that Romney would get elected in 2012 and that Colorado would NEVER legalize marijuana. It seems that you're deeply in denial that Colorado's politics have moved to the left. Regarding civil unions, what type of people are you spending time with that disagree with civil unions? Most of my conservative friends even agree that gay people should have equal standing under the law (which this bill still doesn't provide, as gay people still aren't allowed to marry).

Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM

12,174 posts, read 20,955,081 times
For anyone who wants to see it this is yesterdays signing.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,211,765 times
Quote:
I always seek to entertain!
That you do. Have a great weekend

Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 PM

3,296 posts, read 8,421,317 times
Quote:
It's funny how city dwellers are quick to call rural people "hicks" when we supply you with all your water, food, oil, gas, energy and a variety of other basic raw materials.

Interesting to see how those attitudes pan out when times get tougher. Hmmmm...

Rush Limbaugh had an interesting dialog the other day going in regards to an article that said the new feminism was staying home to raise your children. For 40 years liberals have tried to change nature, turn men into sissyboys subservient to women, women into dominating, muscular men, gay relationships into being normal, male/female marriage into being abnormal, children and unborn children as being a scourge on the earth that holds women back, etc.

And yet nature always reasserts itself. Two hotdogs and two buns don't make children that continue the species.

To me what I see with most gay people I come across is that it's a fad and a way to obtain attention, as coming out and declaring yourself gay gets all sort of sympathy and a pass on any bad behavior you might engage in as we have to all be understanding of your "struggle". This attempt to hijack marriage is just part of the big drama.

I think in 20 years people will all look back on this and laugh.
It's also pretty funny to me how you assume that anyone who has liberal leanings, especially in a social aspect, are 'city dwellers'. I, for one, haven't lived in a large city for more than a few months in the last 18 years. I identify more with rural folks in many regards. I've worked with loggers and ranchers for years. I am also a woman. I find your comment about liberals turning men into "sissyboys" and women into "dominating, muscular men" to be outrageously wrong and ignorant. Thankfully, most real men I know don't think this way.

In regards to gay marriage being a fad, you are way off the mark. Obviously you don't really know any gay people outside of Hollywood (well, actually, you might and just not realize it because they don't fit the mold you've defined for them). Gay people are not trying to hijack marriage. That's a ridiculous assertion! If anything, your good ole' buddy boy Rush Limbaugh is the one ruining marriage. His track record is pitiful!

I think in 20 years people will look back and laugh at thinking like yours.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM

22,055 posts, read 10,266,157 times
Quote:

Rush Limbaugh had an interesting dialog the other day ...
That explains a lot.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:32 PM

22,055 posts, read 10,266,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNative View Post
I'd say that many, if not most, people I know in Colorado oppose civil unions. Many of them, like me, live in the suburbs and are under 30 years old. Is it a majority? I don't know--although we ought to have a chance to vote on it. Nevertheless, if it is a majority, it's a small one.

Colorado is a lot bigger than Boulder. For what it's worth, the Front Range is a lot bigger than Boulder.
No, you shouldn't get to vote on everything. That's more in the direction of how California operates, and we all know how well that is working.

This is a representative form of government. That's how you vote.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 PM

12,174 posts, read 20,955,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, you shouldn't get to vote on everything. That's more in the direction of how California operates, and we all know how well that is working.

This is a representative form of government. That's how you vote.
This is true and the 14th admendmant of the constitution says the majority can not take away rights from the minority.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM

180 posts, read 221,562 times
The 14th amendment is also a contemporary excuse for every pregnant foreigner on earth who wants to create an instant anchor baby. Even the Chinese have caught on now, and we all know what that means.

As far as marriage goes, it's a civil contract, so the gubmen has no business saying which individuals can make up the parties in question as long as they are not deemed incompetent.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-23-2013 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Merged 2:1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or