U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,613 times

Advertisements

I am considering the same move so I am glad you asked the same question. Unlike many of the posts I'm not going to make sarcastic comments about whether smoking marijuana should be your top priority!�� I would like to know which communities within a 1 hr drive from Denver are marijuana friendly. I am disabled so the job stuff doesn't apply to me but my husband does IT work and I'm sure there are plenty of computer companies in the are. We own a condo near D.C. which we probably will sell or possibly trade. I'm currently looking for 3-4 bedroom under 140K So it would be helpful to know which neighborhoods to look in. I had started looking in Colorado Springs but then read numerous anti pot agendas going on there so I stopped searching there. Will Colorado Springs ever accept the changes?
I do know quite a bit about this subject. I was the secretary for DCNORML in the late 90s.
I'm moving for health.family,and financial reasons but I do want to move somewhere pro pot. I currently am on pain medication and have been for 8 years and smoke several times a week for chronic gi/liver issues. I'd really like to switch over all the way to medical marijuana instead of opiates. Any ideas what communities are best???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 03:59 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
Funny thing is, many people who are anti-marijuana have never even used it, and have absolutely no personal experience on which to base their opinion, relying soley on what they've been told by those who have an axe to grind, or protect a monopoly. Going hand in hand with that is having faith in pharmaceutical pain killers, also lacking in personal experience using such harmful 'medicines'. In their minds nonetheless, someone addicted to pharmaceutical opiate painkillers is an upstanding citizen following the practice expected of them, while the person who chooses to use the kinder & gentler marijuana plant instead is a low life scumbucket. ALL of this based on absolutely NO personal experience using either 'medicine'. On the other hand, everyone I personally know who has used both, strongly prefers the use of marijuana.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 03-18-2015 at 05:18 PM..

Old 03-22-2015, 09:49 AM

14 posts, read 12,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR516 View Post
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Yes a job is my first priority I still need to pay bills and eat. As I'm sure you already know people all over the world smoke pot everyday I just think it would be nice to live somewhere that I don't have to worry about getting arrested for doing something that shouldn't be illegal and is no where near as bad for the users or society in general as drinking or smoking cigs. I have read a little already and from what I have seen the cost of living is high and the economy sucks. I have also found out form applying for jobs online that businesses in Colorado really like to hire local. I also like that Colorado passed an anti NDAA bill, I bet lots of you have no idea what that is, or that your state passed another act of freedom.

Networking and some database admin, I currently have a TS clearance and work as a contractor at Fort Polk. Of course I currently do not smoke and I know that most/all jobs will have a pre hire drug test. I figure once I am there though then I can start looking for jobs that have rules just like alcohol that as long as I'm not coming to work high or using at work they have no problem with what I do on my own time.

To all the people on this thread talking about what Colorado has become you do realize we live in what is suppose to be a FREE country right, and that our founding fathers at least grew hemp marijuana and there is evidence saying some of them smoked it. There are many uses for it besides just getting high, most of it being that it is good for you in many ways. How about that there are cannabanoid receptors in our brain and all over our body, or that the exact same cannabanoids you get from marijuana are natural in breast milk.

Do you think there were people in the first states that ended alcohol prohibition who feel like you do now about your state ending marijuana prohibition. Also I'm guessing none of you that are complaining never use any drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco, Caffeine (marijuana is less addictive than caffeine), alcohol and tobacco cause more deaths than all other drugs legal or illegal. Maybe you should educate yourselves a little instead of listening to the propaganda/lies from the government who do not have the peoples best interest in mind. I would think with you guys already living in Colorado you would have at least heard a few of the stories about people using this to cure cancer, stop seizures and the thousands of other uses.
Here, here!

Old 03-19-2016, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdmk View Post
I am considering the same move so I am glad you asked the same question. Unlike many of the posts I'm not going to make sarcastic comments about whether smoking marijuana should be your top priority!�� I would like to know which communities within a 1 hr drive from Denver are marijuana friendly. I am disabled so the job stuff doesn't apply to me but my husband does IT work and I'm sure there are plenty of computer companies in the are. We own a condo near D.C. which we probably will sell or possibly trade. I'm currently looking for 3-4 bedroom under 140K So it would be helpful to know which neighborhoods to look in. I had started looking in Colorado Springs but then read numerous anti pot agendas going on there so I stopped searching there. Will Colorado Springs ever accept the changes?
I do know quite a bit about this subject. I was the secretary for DCNORML in the late 90s.
I'm moving for health.family,and financial reasons but I do want to move somewhere pro pot. I currently am on pain medication and have been for 8 years and smoke several times a week for chronic gi/liver issues. I'd really like to switch over all the way to medical marijuana instead of opiates. Any ideas what communities are best???
You are not going to find a 3-4 bedroom anywhere in the Colorado Metropolitan areas for 140k, except maybe a run down trailer in a run down trailer park, if you get lucky, you might find one at between 2 - 3 times that price though, but you will be outbid easily by the influx of quick buyers coming to the area purchasing houses with cash-on-the-spot for about 15% more than the listed price. Housing prices are rising faster here than most any other state. All the apartments have a very very long waiting list and require a hefty deposit for consideration. Your lowest rent for a 2 bedroom will either be about $1,500 / month, or for one of the low-income apartments (with plenty of crime) you will have a 6 - 12 month waiting period.

To give you a very good idea, I live in Colorado Springs and work in Westminster. I drive 1 hour and 20 minutes, one way, each day, because I cannot find a place to stay nearby at the moment. It is cheaper for me to buy 2 - 3 Prius cars, drive each day and pay the gas, than it is for me to move in next door to my job. (For the record, I only own the one Prius)

I recommend Oregon, they are much more pot friendly there (been doing it longer) and according to the recent reports, they are not getting the huge influx of people moving there like Colorado. Here in Colorado, they did a survey in the homeless shelters which found that 30% were there because they moved here without a job, for the legal marijuana, and could not afford to live here.

Most good jobs will not accept marijuana smoking and will terminate you if you use it, and they are allowed to fire you regardless if you had a prescription. To work in the Marijuana industry, you must be a resident for two years and no felonies. Economy has picked up a little, but rent prices have gone out of control and wages have stayed the same.

I recommend going to Oregon.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:25 PM

14,491 posts, read 22,337,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j70141 View Post
To give you a very good idea, I live in Colorado Springs and work in Westminster. I drive 1 hour and 20 minutes, one way, each day, because..

I recommend going to Oregon.

What an absolute nightmare. You ought to move to Oregon too.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:39 PM

10,058 posts, read 13,945,641 times
Go to Pueblo or Mesa both are awesome

Old 03-29-2016, 10:48 PM

214 posts, read 192,465 times
Anyone wanting to move to Colorado please keep in mind that you can buy weed pretty much anywhere and if you use it in your own home the police will generally leave you alone.

Also keep in mind that there are 23 states with medical marijuana. You can treat those chronic..... "headaches" with medical marijuana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or