U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM

25 posts, read 149,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
FWIW, if your job depends on keeping that TS clearance, make sure you won't be subject to random p tests.
I have thought of that as well, and that is why right now I am just wanting to get a job and move there. Once I'm living there I can start looking for other jobs, and also look into working for myself. I know at first I still might not be able to take advantage of the law, but at least if I do the worse that will happen is that I will lose a job, not get a felony and go to jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM

68 posts, read 148,614 times
Default Wow

A state half full of people who just wanna sit around and get high. I haven't seen too many productive pot heads................

Oh, and as some of the well informed have mentioned already in different threads, good luck getting into the bulk of the higher paid jobs without passing a pee-test

Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe View Post
A state half full of people who just wanna sit around and get high. I haven't seen too many productive pot heads................
Of course, in the very same way that everybody who drinks just wants to get drunk.

I've been smoking pot for 45 years, married for 37 years, raised & educated 3 kids, worked hard, built a great career, saved aggressively for retirement and am now reaping the rewards of a comfortable retirement.

Your stereotype is nothing more than that, a stereotype. I've smoked with doctors, lawyers, and many other professionals over the years. You must hang with street people or something because none of the other stoners I hang with are lazy as you suggest.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
SoButCountry....do you expect us to believe someone like yourself who has ACTUAL EXPERIENCE using MJ over a 37 year period of life, over some guy who probably never smoked MJ, but simply absorbed all of the government propaganda and became a self proclaimed marijuana expert from doing so? The self proclaimed experts have ALL the answers, along with the government propaganda as their unassailable proof. A guy like you has only REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 02-19-2013 at 08:20 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,252,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Colorado is NOT the Mary Jane haven (but the ski area by that name is great!).
I'm going to sort of disagree with you here. Just look at all the medical marijuana dispensaries along Federal between Alameda Rd and Colfax Rd.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:01 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,252,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
You must hang with street people or something because none of the other stoners I hang with are lazy as you suggest.
And they smoke crap. Educated people with money smoke the good stuff.

Quote:
A state half full of people who just wanna sit around and get high. I haven't seen too many productive pot heads..
No one I know can read, do math or be productive while they're high. You should keep in mind however that the pot heads that are lazy, do nothing idiots are just that...pot heads. They smoke every day, as soon as they get up in the morning, they hit the bong multiple times and then hit it several more times when they get home. Most people that smoke only do it every now and then. I myself only smokeout a couple of times a month on a Friday evening when I'm too tired to go out with my friends. I'd say that's a more normal smoking scenario/routine for most of us.

Last edited by Scottay; 02-22-2013 at 04:17 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 PM

666 posts, read 1,036,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
And they smoke crap. Educated people with money smoke the good stuff.

No one I know can read, do math or be productive while they're high. You should keep in mind however that the pot heads that are lazy, do nothing idiots are just that...pot heads. They smoke every day, as soon as they get up in the morning, they hit the bong multiple times and then hit it several more times when they get home. Most people that smoke only do it every now and then. I myself only smokeout a couple of times a month on a Friday evening when I'm too tired to go out with my friends. I'd say that's a more normal smoking scenario/routine for most of us.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:49 PM

3,768 posts, read 4,618,092 times
Quote:

Oh, and as some of the well informed have mentioned already in different threads, good luck getting into the bulk of the higher paid jobs without passing a pee-test
I know plenty of highly productive pot heads, one of which may be signing your checks. In other words there are plenty who are business owners, politicians, or hold successful professional jobs that get high at least occasionally.

My problem with the OP was not the idea that people smoke, just the idea that someone would actually do something as dumb as move to another area of the country to live in a van, just so they can smoke weed all day long, deliver pizzas and live off the government. You can do that any where, and while the state may prosecute for weed in other areas, the feds can still prosecute in Colorado, then you are one hell of a legal battle.

Last edited by jwiley; 02-22-2013 at 09:13 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,749,270 times

Rocky Mountain High: John Denver - YouTube Don't think that is what John had in mind.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 PM

25 posts, read 149,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I know plenty of highly productive pot heads, one of which may be signing your checks. In other words there are plenty who are business owners, politicians, or hold successful professional jobs that get high at least occasionally.

My problem with the OP was not the idea that people smoke, just the idea that someone would actually do something as dumb as move to another area of the country to live in a van, just so they can smoke weed all day long, deliver pizzas and live off the government. You can do that any where, and while the state may prosecute for weed in other areas, the feds can still prosecute in Colorado, then you are one hell of a legal battle.
As you said lots of very succesful people smoke pot, most people on this forum probably know/work for some of them, but of course they don't tell them cause they know what the people will think. Richard Branson, Willie Nelson, Carl Sagan, and of course 50-99% or successful actors, writers, musicians.

Where anywhere in my original post did I say anything about living out of a van, delivering pizza, or living off the government? Yes the feds can still prosecute in Colorado, but if I only have the legal amount I'm allowed to have in Colorado, and I am not selling why would they bother me. Where I live now they will throw me in jail for having a piece of a joint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or