U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,437 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting that so many posters here assume that no one wants to work in Colorado, they just want to come and smoke weed. As they do everywhere people will work and get paychecks. Colorado has not changed much in the job department except it is better than in the past. In the past it was seasonal only and min wage. Now there are careers so get a grip one and all. I remember the days there were no jobs, the days before Telluride was a ski resort and hippies occupied it, gosh look what those dopeheads accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 02:04 PM

10,058 posts, read 13,945,641 times
There was an interesting story on the local news. It said there are 100k red card holders and 500 dispensaries so there is actually too much supply and not enough demand. The reporter interviewed some growers in the business and they said with so much supply price is dropped significantly to the point where they were making little profit. I will have to ask my friend, since he is the red card holder what his opinion is.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:54 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,013,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
There was an interesting story on the local news. It said there are 100k red card holders and 500 dispensaries so there is actually too much supply and not enough demand. The reporter interviewed some growers in the business and they said with so much supply price is dropped significantly to the point where they were making little profit. I will have to ask my friend, since he is the red card holder what his opinion is.
Apprently some suppliers are transporting inventory to the East Coast where they can get a higher price.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:29 AM

493 posts, read 701,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
..and most of those are in Denver, which just announced city council approval of recreational cannabis shops (probably same as current mmj dispensaries, at first). That will add a few million dollars to the city bank accounts. Take that, Springs and Pueblo! Don't complain about your budgets and local economies if you don't get in on this windfall. I wouldn't be surprised to see diminishing gang problems, too.

Denver council votes to move forward with pot shops in straw poll - The Denver Post

Last edited by highplainsrus; 06-04-2013 at 06:15 AM..

Old 01-14-2014, 07:35 AM

25 posts, read 149,313 times
I finally made it to CO, got me a job in Aurora Nov of last year.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:58 PM

59 posts, read 64,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR516 View Post
I finally made it to CO, got me a job in Aurora Nov of last year.
So how is it? How's your living situation considering your job and housing? What's the scoop on employers drug testing now with the different laws?

Old 01-28-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum12nv View Post
So how is it? How's your living situation considering your job and housing? What's the scoop on employers drug testing now with the different laws?
It is great, I really like it. I live about 15 minutes from my job, but the cost of living is a lot higher than in Louisiana. I don't like living in the city, but I'm looking now to buy a place out of town to move to when my lease is up. The only bad part (to me) is that with where my job is I have to go south/east unless I want to drive 2+ hours to get to work in traffic. To be living in Colorado I would rather at the edge of the mountains, but I'll survive. I think I got lucky but the company I work for does not test, and their policy is if you get a violation while on drugs in the work place you have to report it to them. So I can live Rocky Mountain High as long as I don't do it while at work.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:27 PM

I forgot to add too that everything I am hearing is that the job market is up in the Denver area, especially in the tech sector, and rent/housing has gone up 12-15% recently. I was told that the increase in the rental market was due to the influx of people for jobs, and the new law.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 AM

59 posts, read 64,338 times
Thanks for the update. Your situation peaked my interest and thought I'd see what you think after being out there for a little bit. You bringing up cost of living is a huge wager on my decision making as far as living elsewhere in the country. I'm spoiled with the COL here in Kansas. You get a lot for your money around here. I plan to visit Colorado again this year, hopefully a couple times to really make up my mind if its somewhere I would consider living. Getting burned out on Kansas as of lately but its hard to think about packing up and moving your whole life when you have a career, your wife has a career, mortgage, etc. etc. etc.

You mention the job market is up in the tech sector. Like what types of jobs does that include?

Thanks again
Jason

Old 02-15-2014, 05:18 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,064,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR516 View Post
Hi all I currently live in Louisiana and really want to move to Colorado. Of course the newest laws in Colorado has some to do with it, but I am also ready to have four seasons again and not live in the swamp. We have a one month old baby and 2 dogs so of course family/dog friendly would be nice as well. I am trying to find out the city/cities with the friendliest marijuana laws, but of course I will also need a job too. A friend (another friend who wants to move there as well, not my wife) and I are thinking of driving there form LA for a week or so to check things out, but don't want to waste time looking in the wrong cities/towns. What places would you recommend that we check out in our very short visit?
I am considering a move to Lafayette, LA. Just wondering how often someone gets busted for MJ in Louisiana if they grow their own (indoors, very discreetly) and only do it in their own home. Any idea?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or