U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:29 AM

85,700 posts, read 100,182,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
you probably live in Denver where there is a lot of air polution, I lived in Loveland, next to Ft Collins, cleanest air around. It also has to do witht he fact that some asthma is allergie born, and some is mold. Not much grows in Colorado, and you cant find much mold. The Altitude has Nothing to do with asthma.
I live in Louisville. Most of our patients live in Boulder County. There is air pollution here, but not like Denver. The altitude has to do with your Po2 levels, ie how much oxygen is in your blood. If you have a compromised respiratory system, a lower Po2 level is not a good thing, and some of the kids we see drop severely when they are sick. I also worked as a home health nurse, seeing many elderly patients with COPD (emphysema). It is worse here, too, because of the altitude. You see a lot more people carting around oxygen here than you do in Chicago or Pittsburgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,373 times
I am thinking of moving to Colorado Springs, but have Asthma. How does the altitude affect this condition?

Old 10-09-2017, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashep View Post
Hey there- My son was diagnosed w/ asthma when he was two years old. We have lived in Colorado Springs all of his life. There are many different triggers of asthma. His is allergy related, so we treat his allergies and he does fine. If you have anymore questions, let me know I would be happy to answer them. BASHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I live in Louisville. Most of our patients live in Boulder County. There is air pollution here, but not like Denver. The altitude has to do with your Po2 levels, ie how much oxygen is in your blood. If you have a compromised respiratory system, a lower Po2 level is not a good thing, and some of the kids we see drop severely when they are sick. I also worked as a home health nurse, seeing many elderly patients with COPD (emphysema). It is worse here, too, because of the altitude. You see a lot more people carting around oxygen here than you do in Chicago or Pittsburgh.
Hello!
I have an acute asthma which means it only flairs up when i get sick and/ or when the seasons change. I currently live in Texas and i haven't had a attack in a while. I am planning a trip to Denver in January, i will bring my inhaler and machine. Do you think i should be ok being in Denver for a long weekend??

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-09-2017 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old Today, 03:51 PM

1 posts
Greeting to all,

There is alot of Great information in this forum and I would like to first thank everyone for sharing a piece of there lives.
But what I didnt read was is it possible for a child with sports enduced coming for TX, accumulate to the altitude of Colorado. Also my wife is worried that her being short of breath now, getting worse in that climate.
Any helpful advice is welcome.

Old Today, 10:29 PM

7 posts, read 554 times
My daughter is mostly viral/allergy induced and actually got better here. She acclimated just fine and hardly ever uses her inhaler anymore. My husband, however, got worse. He went the doc and was put on Singulair, along with his inhaler. The previous owner of our home has COPD and from what I understand could function without oxygen at lower elevations but not here. Our home is at about 8200 ft. There is definitely less oxygen up here which might be a factor for your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado