Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 AM

9 posts, read 33,068 times

Advertisements

My family and I are considering a move to Castle Rock. What can you all tell me about this area? We've visited and driven through but don't actually know very much about it. Is it a good place for families? How's the traffic? Weather? Crime? Convenience? Tell me everything! Thanks!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,537,811 times
What ever you do, don't use the City Data Forum search tool to search for Castle Rock. Don't use the internet to see what Castle Rock weather, crime, and traffic is like.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 PM

Hmm okay you dont have to be rude about it. I can research stated facts online all day, but I was looking for real people's input about it. Thanks for nothing.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:31 PM

26,144 posts, read 48,824,756 times
Point is, we have REAL people's input here. Search on "castle" to find it, or the county name (Douglas).

We're all unpaid local folks, we don't care to keep keying in the same old answers to the same old questions, so we refer people to the Search tool, which is excellent. I even wrote that into the Terms of Service (TOS, aka the rules) when I was a moderator for this state. We especially grit our teeth when some breathless newbie jumps in and tells us to tell them everything. Sorry, we're not going to write you a book on Castle Rock.

Nothing personal. Site has a lot of good data and nice people. Don't abuse us or take our time for granted.

s/Mike

Old 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 529 times
Default go Rox

Yeah Mike! from back least! I'll bet you're rooting for the Dead Sox too!!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Okay Jerk. I'm not a breathless newbie. Am I not allowed to ask my own question? Is that illegal? I dont expect you to write a flippin book. You dont have to reply AT ALL if you dont want to. I have a right to make my own thread.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,537,811 times
This got a little out of hand on account of me. OK, the point is, basic objective data (weather, schools performance, traffic, crime, etc.) are better acquired from the internet databases. City-Data forum is used to understand intangibles and "fill in the cracks" of these data. No one likes "Tell me everything" threads. It gives the impression to those of us who read original posts like this that the original poster wants people to "tell them what they want to hear".

OK, Yes Castle Rock is a great place for families. If I didn't work so far from there I would have strongly considered moving there.

What is your housing price range?
What line of work are you in?
Where do you expect to work?
Kids? Ages?

Answer these questions (and provide this kind of additional information) and I am sure you will get a lots of meaningful, pinpoint, no BS, replies. It also gives the community the impression that you have performed some up front homework and that you are serious.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:36 PM

156 posts, read 945,290 times
Ouch! What else is this forum for? Just searching old threads? Dont tell me all your posts are about a new city that your familiar with each and every time. Maybe your time is done here.
I agree with using the search although, dont like it dont answer it.
"Dont abuse us or take our time for granted" ????? What? Are you being forced to sit on your big rear end and answer these? I got a idea.... step back and find something else to do!

Nothing personal, just some random thoughts. Have a good evening. I'm typing while someone else is posting.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,376,423 times
The weather topic in particular has been beaten to death, I think. There is a weather thread over on the Denver forum. Denver's weather is essentially Castle Rock's weather with a little local difference. Schools is another topic that has been much discussed. Apparently every district in Colorado is "one of the best".

I agree with those who say specificity is important. It helps to know what you are looking for. Apparenlty there is some reason you and your family are considering this move. Tell us what you DO know about CR, and we can help fill in the blanks.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:20 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,361,816 times
Maybe there should be a rule that someone must lurk for a certain period of time before they can post new threads. Yes, it gets old seeing the same questions over and over when they've already been answered. Google is an awesome resource. Heck, many of its results will point to a city-data info page or a thread.

If people are reminded to search, perhaps they'll get the basic answers they seek and new threads will be about some angle no one's considered before. That makes it more interesting for others. The alternative is a million dead "hows the weather" threads that the old timers just ignore out of exhaustion. Then -- and this would be even worse -- the only people responding might wind up being people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado