Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:41 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,152 times

Advertisements

A friend of a friend claims Montrose is a big drug town with dealers everywhere.

Say WHAT?

I've never heard anything like that about Montrose, but then I don't hear about many things.

Is this true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times
Where did your friend hear that? I doubt it.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:20 PM

My friend has a tendency to take the word of the most ignorant person around and then spout his second hand information as the gospel truth. I told him he was full of it, but no, he doesn't believe ME. So I told him we'll settle it in this forum. The loser has to take the winner out for lunch, so I hope I get a few more replies to set my friend straight and eat my free lunch.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:27 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,791,770 times
Default Data are your friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
eat my free lunch.
Here is your lunch ticket
Montrose County - Official Website - Welcome
On the other hand, one of the county's departments is: Weed Mitigation

Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,667,129 times
Relatives of mine who have lived in and around the area for a while tell me it's long had a rough reputation and even after all the Californians and others moved in as a less expensive place in Colorado to pseudo retire(many found they couldn't even afford that), there is still an undercurrent of druggies and low lifes around. Probably no different than many towns it's size, but you can't let your guard down.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Relatives of mine who have lived in and around the area for a while tell me it's long had a rough reputation and even after all the Californians and others moved in as a less expensive place in Colorado to pseudo retire(many found they couldn't even afford that), there is still an undercurrent of druggies and low lifes around. Probably no different than many towns it's size, but you can't let your guard down.
Thanks for the info! I would have never thought that of Montrose just driving through it. I guess it's true that there's no such thing as a free lunch. However, I'm still winning by two to one - so far.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,983,652 times
Wink In Montrose?

I wouldn't forsake that free lunch yet.

Nor would I exactly know, so that, nevertheless Montrose has always struck me as a rather traditional rural Colorado town. Meaning somewhat conservative, and more used to catering to hunters and fishermen than crack dealers and their customers.

Suppose you can find that in a lot of places if looking, and aside from larger Grand Junction, Montrose does serve as the regional town for that area of western Colorado. But, having to watch your back? I'd do some more research, and if necessary take an excursion there in person to see what is up.

Take your friend along. They can probably buy you lunch in Montrose.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Why not just call the local police station and ask them? I know, it's no fun to be dull and boring like me....

I've friends and relatives who believe ANYTHING that comes into their email inbox. Something about human nature seems to make people WANT to believe the WORST about other people, places, events, the future, etc.

Get your free lunch asap.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:42 PM

17,983 posts, read 27,442,251 times
When I'm in Montrose... I like to

Get on my Bad Motor Scooter and ride

Montrose performs Bad Motor Scooter in 1974 with Sammy Hagar on vocals - YouTube

... cause You're Rock Candy baby... hard sweet and sticky!

Montrose- Rock Candy - YouTube

Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,692,937 times
I hear a lot about the western slope cities being filled with druggies "because there isn't much to do", but I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado