U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,587,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And..............................there will be more mass shootings. Could be in Denver, could be anywhere because these new "laws" have done jack squat to get people to try and understand why someone wants to shoot up a school or other highly attended venue to begin with. All these laws have done is P*SS off the law abiding.

One of the kids in the columbine shooting only had 10 round mags but he had something like 13 of them. This whole thing is just dumb. When you give someone 15 minutes to shoot victims without being stopped? "That's" the problem we should be trying to remedy along with trying to identify the nutjobs before they get this far.

People can still walk into a store and buy a semi-automatic rifle. This is window dressing.
There have been solid murmurings out there about al qaeda planning or wanting to do a Mumbai style attack on the USA.

Denver I hear gets a lot of attention by the federal government as it is US Capitol West and has been considered a target by foreign terrorist groups. I remember back in 2002 Denver International Airport was some of the first in the country to get the new FAA security badges and security system. I went through the process with fingerprints and the whole deal with a background check. It was said when they did that for those that worked at DIA, they dug up 2 al qaeda slugs they had been looking for. Both were taxi drivers at the airport and were Somali nationals illegally in the country.

We know our southern border is porous and anyone willing can get anyone and anything over that border.

So while unlikely, much like an attack like 9/11 was but still happened, what if the Mumbai scenario does happen and we get attacked again? Let's say hypothetically 20 al qaeda tards decide to hit Boulder. So everyone is going to sit and wait for the police to get it together while these 20 guys are on the rampage? Denverian will have his Starbucks faire trade coffee mug ready to throw, dave barnes will have his "it's all good" bolt action .22 with one round artisan4 special designed "anti slaughter magazine" and I'll be in Pennsylvania with my G3, FAL, 300 Blackout M-4, Benelli and Glock.

What I would rather do is have a situation with a Swiss like mentality. Train, prepare, be armed and act as a deterrent to such an act, or for instance an act like these mass shootings that have occurred.

Again I'll point out how most of these mass shootings happen in "gun free" zones. 9/11 happened in a "gun free" zone.

If they happened in "guns aplenty" zones they would hardly rate a mention in the media because the perp would not last and be able to walk around with impunity doing his dirty deed.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 PM

35,245 posts, read 32,206,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
These laws should not impact hunting.
They don't impact nutjobs that want to shoot up schools either. It's fluff and nothing more. Some Politician wants to be remembered and that's about all this boils down to.

DO SOMETHING and they have. Even though it prevents zero mass shootings.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 PM

10,700 posts, read 11,102,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
So while unlikely, much like an attack like 9/11 was but still happened, what if the Mumbai scenario does happen and we get attacked again? Let's say hypothetically 20 al qaeda tards decide to hit Boulder. So everyone is going to sit and wait for the police to get it together while these 20 guys are on the rampage? Denverian will have his Starbucks faire trade coffee mug ready to throw, dave barnes will have his "it's all good" bolt action .22 with one round artisan4 special designed "anti slaughter magazine" and I'll be in Pennsylvania with my G3, FAL, 300 Blackout M-4, Benelli and Glock.
Why would they hit Boulder? They have so many allies there.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Why would they hit Boulder? They have so many allies there.
I'd guess Boulder is where a good percentage of my neighbors here moved to

Old 03-14-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
As someone putting it so succinctly said, "Taking gun rights away from law-abiding citizens is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Or selling you car because someone hit a pedestrian.

The banners take this as some type of "victory" as mental as that is? Anyone can still buy the scary black gun they are hiding under their bed over. It's just plain old fashioned dumb. 15 round mags duct taped back to back is still 30 rounds.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 PM

10,700 posts, read 11,102,931 times
Looks like some people have had enough of this gun control idiocy. I'm glad to see that there is still some sanity in Colorado!

Senator John Morse facing recall effort over gun laws | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |

Old 03-14-2013, 08:16 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,587,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Looks like some people have had enough of this gun control idiocy. I'm glad to see that there is still some sanity in Colorado!

Senator John Morse facing recall effort over gun laws | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |
If the recall happens or when he comes up election, I'll be sending a check to John Moron's opponent to contribute to the fight to get him out of office. He believes he is some sort of untouchable dictator, rather than an elected representative who represents his constituents.

Senator John Morse of Colorado: Ignore Constituent Emails, Their Opinions Don't Matter | The Truth About Guns

Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM

Fight the good fight. I wish I could still vote in CO.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 PM

48 posts, read 73,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Fight the good fight. I wish I could still vote in CO.
Well, assuming you aren't in favor of the new gun laws, I am a brand new citizen of Colorado and will be voting against anyone who helped pass these laws, so my husband and I will take your place.

That said, I live in Parker, and I believe that all my State reps are conservatives and unlikely to have voted for any of them. There is still 2014, though.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,150,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethehighcountry View Post
There are exactly no cases in modern warfare where peasants have done anything of consequence. High capacity magazines have no business except causing trouble. You don't need a high capacity magazine to hunt or to target practice.
Limit the government and police magazines too and we'll talk. The "peasants" in Syria are a current example of determined civilians standing up to a totalitarian government. There have been many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or