U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 03:05 PM

549 posts, read 1,544,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
All of which doesn't change the fact that the Second Amendment was written to provide for arming the National Guard (the Militia) for the common defense of the state. It was not intended to give redneck gunnuts the right to own and shoot any type of weapons they choose, or to carry out terrorist acts against the United States Government. More and more people are starting to wake up to that fact.
You are a NO GO at this station. The Second Amendment, the Constitution, or the rest of the Bill of Rights don't GIVE anyone diddly squat. It recognizes existing rights. The National Guard ISN'T the whole militia. It's a reserve arm of the Federal Government that his limited state control except when called to Federal service, and is actually a bastardization of the select militia.
The militia is everyone. Read Title 10 USC, 311. Read my quotes. Most of us are members of the unorganized militia. As a veteran I am subject to an even longer recall in the militia, although my oath binds me to the defense of the Constitution until my death.

Who is using semi autos to carry out terrorist acts against the government? Name one. Go ahead. A leftist fantasy.....

The government OTOH, feels free to use REAL assault rifles to intimidate and threaten US citizens, though. Which is cool with the lefty's as long as their guy is in charge.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:10 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,585,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We have the technology for a National ID card, we should do it. IIRC, the modern Army ID card has a chip that even carries one's medical/dental records.

I'm a bit sick of the "can't do it because of privacy laws" BS from the ACLU and "privacy" experts. Running the country efficiently, to include law enforcement, medical (to include STDs), driver's licenses, background checks, criminal history, SSN, credit checks, TSA check at airports, voting, etc, seems to necessitate such an ID card. State boundaries are meaningless now that we have interstate highways and airplanes at 500 MPH. If our banks can check our credit card balance from just about any retail location in the world, we sure as hell can have a National Photo ID card w/chip for scores of everyday uses. Encourage it via a tax break and get on with it. Yes, I'd be first in line for such a card.
I'm sure you would. You would probably let them stamp it on your head or on your wrist.

No thanks, I'm happy to keep those issues at the state level and the reason for it is competition. If I don't like certain issues in a state, I can move. An enormous federal bureaucracy is a massive failure that smothers everything, the Dept of Education is a great example. To me the federal government is for things like negotiating with other countries or national defense not meddling in all this other stuff.

I've also been ripped off 3 times. Once my debit card was stolen as my bank stupidly sent it activated and it was somehow nicked at the Avon, CO post office. It was used and fortunately we stopped the damage before it went too far. Two other times I had my credit card information stolen with credit card card readers via dodgy waiters or waitresses or at hotels.

So I'm not a big believer in having all my information and identity on a chip.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryDude View Post

The government OTOH, feels free to use REAL assault rifles to intimidate and threaten US citizens, though. Which is cool with the lefty's as long as their guy is in charge.
People should check out the new phenomenon of "SWATing". If you have no idea what I am talking about look it up.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:16 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,298,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Don't be shocked when you get here to Colorado to see someone open carrying a handgun....It's legal to do so here....It's not in Allybama..[sic]
I've never seen anyone carrying a handgun in CO, but then I don't go out to the sticks.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:18 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,024,122 times
I just don't want the government to mess with gays, grass, and guns and a host of other issues. This is gay,weed, gun friendly territory. What they do in Mississippi or New York is of non importance to me. This has always been one of the top MMJ, and gun friendly states; gay rights thankfully have come along way too. But at the end of all this debate..I guess it's just love it or leave it. Thankfully IMO this state has become a very openly tolerant and extremely progressive state.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:30 PM

20,916 posts, read 39,207,929 times
Default Identity Theft

Elco, oh ye of little faith.... I. D. theft could be stopped by use of a National ID Car(NIDC), not worsened; it'll have your photo, eye scan and fingerprints. The reason I.D. theft is prevalent is because we DON'T have an NIDC to verify who we are. It'll work, we just have to get serious and do it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:31 PM

356 posts, read 515,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I've never seen anyone carrying a handgun in CO, but then I don't go out to the sticks.
Colorado Law is for concealed carry, hence the reason for not seeing a handgun. However, there is a good quantity of CC people walking the streets of Denver and not just the "sticks".

Old 03-19-2013, 03:32 PM

356 posts, read 515,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Elco, oh ye of little faith.... I. D. theft could be stopped by use of a National ID Car(NIDC), not worsened; it'll have your photo, eye scan and fingerprints. The reason I.D. theft is prevalent is because we DON'T have an NIDC to verify who we are. It'll work, we just have to get serious and do it.
Add "of Government" to the end of the highlighted and you're spot on Mike!

Old 03-19-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yes, a TURNING POINT! Because lunatics keep getting ahold of guns and walking into public places and gunning people down! It SHOULD be a turning point!

I fully support the the current legislation in Colorado. Gun nuts will still be able to own guns. Will this solve the problem completely? No. The irresponsible mother in CT taught her mentally unstable son to shoot and left guns within his reach. But I do know this. More guns is NOT the solution. But then I'm not a conspiracy theorist wacko who spends every spare dime building up an arsenal in my basement
Seeing that government backed lunatics murdered hundreds of millions of people over the last 150 years via death camp, execution squads, starvation or other means, I'd be more concerned about those totalitarian bigots than one wacko with a gun in a relatively free society. Statistically it's a very, very small number compared the rest of all the deaths that happen each year.

The same day as Aurora, one crazy pickup truck driver in Texas killed 14 people. Are those people's deaths any less than those in Aurora? Since it wasn't as sensational a story the media dropped it in a day.

More guns are the solution. Since states started passing concealed carry laws in 1986, the homicide rate has dropped by half. WHAT? Yes. Check out this graph:

Incendiary Image of the Day: What Gun Violence Problem? | The Truth About Guns

As far as I'm concerned no matter how nice a society there is always someone out there willing to do you wrong. I have the right to defend myself and others and believe in doing so with overwhelming force. I do not believe the cops or the government can and will be there every second to stop these people.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:39 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,298,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
Colorado Law is for concealed carry, hence the reason for not seeing a handgun. However, there is a good quantity of CC people walking the streets of Denver and not just the "sticks".
Funny thing... I've made it 46 years and never had a moment where a gun would have helped me out or a situation where taking someone's life would have helped.

If you think you need to carry a gun with you at all times, you're PARANOID!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or