U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Elco, oh ye of little faith.... I. D. theft could be stopped by use of a National ID Car(NIDC), not worsened; it'll have your photo, eye scan and fingerprints. The reason I.D. theft is prevalent is because we DON'T have an NIDC to verify who we are. It'll work, we just have to get serious and do it.
Yes all to be stolen by thieves with card readers, RFID scanners and a host of other means to steal your identity and use it against you. I've had it done to me and if I was you I'd study up on how easily thieves can steal your information.

I live the most benign simple life around and still criminals have stolen from me. I imagine when I got my clearance, I was probably under suspicion as on paper I look like the most boring, simple person around.

So sorry I don't need a national id with all that crap on there.

Since we have gone to all this electronic stuff, identity theft has blown out to outrageous levels. Certainly in some ways it makes life easier, but also opens a lot of other doors about your privacy and your personal information and property.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Don't be shocked when you get here to Colorado to see someone open carrying a handgun....It's legal to do so here....It's not in Allybama..[sic]
When I was in Colorado, living in Eagle County my understanding was you could open carry in the state of Colorado and I did see people doing so, as well as in other counties. If there are local ordinances like in Denver, I'm not up to speed on that.

A few of my relatives have also been I guess what one would call a reserve sheriff deputy. They had a badge and open carried.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM

356 posts, read 513,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Funny thing... I've made it 46 years and never had a moment where a gun would have helped me out or a situation where taking someone's life would have helped.

If you think you need to carry a gun with you at all times, you're PARANOID!
I'm happy you've never had a situation where you needed protection and call people who carry what you will, the fact remains that people carry a firearm in the hopes of never using it, just like self defense skills, but in the event where it's their life or the criminals... well they can protect themselves. I don't begrudge people for that.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:58 PM

356 posts, read 513,556 times
Quote:
Yes, a TURNING POINT! Because lunatics keep getting ahold of guns and walking into public places and gunning people down! It SHOULD be a turning point!
It's funny that you labeled people who carry concealed weapons paranoid and then state this about public shootings.

You remind me of the following parent who called the police and had a school put on lock-down because a strange man was standing outside the school digging in his pockets.

Article: So she looked out the window, noticed the man was now digging in his pockets and decided to call 911, too. "There was a point where I was begging for the police to get there because they said, ‘Do you see any weapons?’ I said, ‘No. I don’t. I don’t know what he has on him,’” Atchison said. From the time the initial 911 call was made, the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said it took a deputy 16 minutes to arrive at the school. A spokesperson explained that because no weapons were seen and it was not a life or death situation, the call was listed as a low priority.

it turns out "The man was from the new cleaning crew and didn’t have an appointment."

Why did it take so long for the police to respond? ‘we’ve been kind of busy pulling a body out of a lake.’

So I ask- who's paranoid?

Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Funny thing... I've made it 46 years and never had a moment where a gun would have helped me out or a situation where taking someone's life would have helped.

You seem to be the most paranoid and emotional of all in this thread. So you are waving that finger around at everyone about how we all a bunch of loons and lunatics and at the same time you have 3 fingers pointing back at you. Hmmm...

OK, well good for you, you've lived a protected life. A lot of other people have a different perspective or life history and don't share your necessity to surrender your rights and personal property to the regime just because a few doped up on mental medicine crazies killed people.

Just because people get knifed and homicided by knives, doesn't mean we all get background checks when we buy knives at Wal Mart or that we give up knives. When a drunk or stoner sails through a stoplight and kills a family, I don't see anyone giving up their cars. When someone commits arson, I don't see people getting background checks and an anal exam for matches. Or that we have limits, ONLY 5 Matches per box. When ladders, roofs and stairs kill 24,000 people a year, I don't see any uproar about that.

I think all you are trading in is raw emotion that is being used by the manipulators in government to take away freedoms. It's an old trick that goes back to Ancient Rome and probably before that.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:08 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,008,106 times
I have actually seen a fair amount of people in Denver with hand guns under their jackets; even knew a few friends that ccd in Boulder. The guys I know that have carried have always been conscious of keeping their guns well hidden and in no way were looking for any trouble, just prepared. I actually have not discharged a fire arm in over a decade, but respect those who hunt,target shoot, or just carry for safety. I'm really not at all personally interested in guns anymore myself, I just respect other's choices to do so. I fired enough military weapons, assault rifles ect. when I was younger..the novelty for me has well worn off. In the event someone comes into my house with the intention of using me as a pin cushion however..they won't even have a fighting chance.

What I don't like however is when I have seen people brandish guns as if they are trying to intimidate people..not cool.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:25 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,299,877 times
Quote:

I've never used my home insurance either, but it sure is nice to have it!

Old 03-19-2013, 04:42 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,008,106 times
Well now that this issue is completely 100% resolved I'm headed to Taco Bell, Nuggets beat the Bulls and scored over 110 points in overtime last night; which means four tacos for a buck with the purchase of a soft drink 4-6pm. OK maybe a Mexican Pizza as well. Do what you have to do and be safe..I'm outta this debate~peace

Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,211,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
When ladders, roofs and stairs kill 24,000 people a year, I don't see any uproar about that.

No, not at all. I've neaver heard of someone walking into a school and killing innocent children with a ladder, roof, or a stair. Stupid comparison to guns.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,211,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Well now that this issue is completely 100% resolved I'm headed to Taco Bell, Nuggets beat the Bulls and scored over 110 points in overtime last night; which means four tacos for a buck with the purchase of a soft drink 4-6pm. OK maybe a Mexican Pizza as well. Do what you have to do and be safe..I'm outta this debate~peace
Those Tacos are nasty and bad for you. Just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or