U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 AM

16,438 posts, read 19,081,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Background check legislation will be passed at a national level, I believe.
I believe it won't. Despite the lies told by the MSM, most Americans are opposed to it. A background check is de-facto registration which is prelude to confiscation.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 AM

9,830 posts, read 19,523,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Background check legislation will be passed at a national level, I believe. A national gun registry will help law enforcement greatly and I'm sure that will be enacted at some point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/us...nd-checks.html

IMO the obvious intent is to reduce massacres. While the ability of the NRA to corrupt Congress has been demonstrated, the fact that the majority of Americans support gun safetly measures may be enough to overcome this, I hope.
Everything the Feds touch turn to mush, as it's impossible for warehouses of bureaucrats to boss around 315 million people and keep it all organized, sitting in their cubicles surrounding Washington DC. It's why our countries economy has ground to a halt over 5 years with the Feds regulating everything from light bulbs to donuts.

The Canadians canned their long gun registry this past year. When it started it was only supposed to cost a few million bucks to implement and by the time it was done, it was several billion dollars. It was wasteful and inefficient and just didn't work.

There are over 300 million guns and there is no way for the feds to register those and no interest on the part of gun owners in complying with such nonsense. People like yourself are trying to criminalize tens of millions of people and it's driving us from being quiet, mind our own business citizens, to being proactive and loud. Like the British in the early 1770's, keep on pushing.

When the bureaucrats and tyrannicals pass "Hoodlum Control" legislation, then I'll be interested in hearing other proposals.

We already have state laws and background checks on the state level, we don't need the boot of the federal government on our throat.

Specifically on the economic impact, Magpul is getting the hell out of Colorado, with up to 700 jobs and millions of dollars pouring into the state leaving for the "free states". They will produce their first magazine outside of Colorado within 30 days and are continuing with their "Boulder Airlift" salting the state with as many 30 round magazines as possible.

Hopefully other companies will leave as well and other firearms companies not in the state, boycott selling any equipment to state and local agencies.

I suspect gun sellers of guns and gear in Wyoming are going to do a great business.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:54 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,298,874 times
I can see Cheyenne, WY gun store owners licking their lips right now.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:57 AM

356 posts, read 513,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
I can see Cheyenne, WY gun store owners licking their lips right now.
Haha just like when Colorado banned fireworks... there was a line in and out of Cheyenne. One way or another we'll find what we want to buy.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 AM

These gun laws are all fluff to make Federal Government sycophants all feel safer. However these laws can simply be bypassed by.

1. Garage Sales
2. 3D Printer

Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 AM

It's funny how lefties think. Gun with only 15 rounds, now rendered safe, gun with 16 rounds is a mass murder slaughter machine.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,298,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It's funny how lefties think. Gun with only 15 rounds, now rendered safe, gun with 16 rounds is a mass murder slaughter machine.
Someone on another forum actually made a good point. The lefty thinking is that oh you have to re-load after 15 rounds (assuming they couldn't use the other mags, which they still easily could.) and that will provide a few seconds to intervene.

Holmes's gun jammed and nobody intervened. This also happened at Columbine and other shootings as well.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
These gun laws are all fluff to make Federal Government sycophants all feel safer. However these laws can simply be bypassed by.

1. Garage Sales
2. 3D Printer
Citizens will simply go over the border to Wyoming and buy what they want and use it. I believe the law requires new magazines to be engraved with all this nonsense on them and few will comply.

There are plenty of places to go shoot in Colorado out on public land away from others. In any case are gun ranges going to sit there when you enter and rifle through all your magazines and decide what is legal or not? Don't think so.

Stupid regulations that cost people time and money and do absolutely nothing to stop nothing.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Citizens will simply go over the border to Wyoming and buy what they want and use it. I believe the law requires new magazines to be engraved with all this nonsense on them and few will comply.

There are plenty of places to go shoot in Colorado out on public land away from others. In any case are gun ranges going to sit there when you enter and rifle through all your magazines and decide what is legal or not? Don't think so.

Stupid regulations that cost people time and money and do absolutely nothing to stop nothing.
Agreed, but it makes the people that walk around thinking massacres happen every minute of every day feel safer with the warm, comforting hands of the Federal Government securely wrapped around their necks.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 AM

704 posts, read 1,496,614 times
No, what the governor just did was sign away the Democrats' political future in this state. Hick has always had a problem understanding the Colorado beyond Sheridan and Monaco boulevards. This time it will cost his party sorely.

I'm deeply embarassed by this legislation, but I'm almost as equally cheered by the fact that Hickenlooper and the liberals at 16th and Broadway have basically cleared the way for a stunning conservative resurgence in Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or