U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-23-2013, 07:59 PM
 
Location: mancos
7,169 posts, read 6,443,923 times
Reputation: 4943

Advertisements

Front page on my local paper reads Our Sheriff won't enforce the new laws either joining most in the state,that alone assures his re election.Things are gonna get interesting in this mis guided state

 
Old 03-23-2013, 10:04 PM
 
566 posts, read 1,735,039 times
Reputation: 323
We've got to make the scumbag politicians who voted for this pay at the next election. Time to dig deep and give campaign money to the opponents of every one of these gun grabbers. Also got to donate time to help get them thrown out on their a$$es.

Be prepared. As the time comes to vote on the ballot initiatives to invalidate these new laws we will get inundated with out-of-state money and door knockers. Money will spent by Soros and Bloomberg to run ads and to pay for non-residents to go door-to-door to push for defeat of the initiatives.

We need to make a super dedicated effort to show the Boulder/Denver/NY libs that they can't mess with Colorado gun rights!
 
Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,976,621 times
Reputation: 1724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
As Denver goes Purple and then Blue, I think you will see this trend toward sensible gun legislation continue.

The above seem very reasonable laws, that do not put an overdue burden on gun owners. . .seems fair to me.
Very reasonable. I would like to.see a national gun registry to track all weapons and assist law .enforcement. Perhaps in 2017.
 
Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,969 posts, read 1,976,621 times
Reputation: 1724
Law enforcement personnel who refuse to enforce the law and do their job should resign or be terminated.
 
Old 03-24-2013, 10:19 AM
 
8,317 posts, read 25,777,680 times
Reputation: 9132
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Very reasonable. I would like to.see a national gun registry to track all weapons and assist law .enforcement. Perhaps in 2017.
All I can say is to quote this often-quoted saying: "Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will soon have neither freedom nor security."
 
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Very reasonable. I would like to.see a national gun registry to track all weapons and assist law .enforcement. Perhaps in 2017.
Oh yeah, we'll get right on it.

There are 300 million firearms in the USA. Good Luck getting 10% of those registered.

Did you not notice what I have posted several times about the failure of Canada's Long Gun Registry, or did you just conveniently forget that and gloss over it in your long march to tyranny?

It was said when that registry was started it would only cost a few million dollars. By the time it was all said and done it cost billions of dollars and did nothing to stop nothing. Completely use and a waste of public resources and the government has gotten rid of it.

Do you think the criminal underground is going to assist you in registering all their illegal firearms? Please inform us as to how they will do so?
 
Old 03-24-2013, 10:56 AM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Spoken by someone from Chicago--if one accepts his moniker; the Chicago having some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US, and also one of the highest crime and murder rates in the US. In fact, most of the cities in the US with the most restrictive gun laws also sport some of the highest crime rates and murder rates.
I've yet to ever see any lefty defend that record. Wash DC, Chicago, Detroit, LA, all have very restrictive firearms laws and yet some of the worse crime around.

More restrictive firearms laws=more crime.

I've also not seen any of the maryjijuanna smokers who are all about states rights for maryjuana yet want a totalitarian federal government for everything else come back into this thread and defend their awkward stance. As I predicted, they all bolted and hid.

Logic and facts always disarm these people.
 
Old 03-24-2013, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,626 posts, read 11,019,566 times
Reputation: 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I've yet to ever see any lefty defend that record. Wash DC, Chicago, Detroit, LA, all have very restrictive firearms laws and yet some of the worse crime around.

More restrictive firearms laws=more crime.

I've also not seen any of the maryjijuanna smokers who are all about states rights for maryjuana yet want a totalitarian federal government for everything else come back into this thread and defend their awkward stance. As I predicted, they all bolted and hid.

Logic and facts always disarm these people.
You won't see people defend it because they know that it's an indefensible position. This suggests that gun control is less about guns and more about control. If it were about guns they would be looking for ways to limit the flow of illegal weapons in/out and around this country. Instead our own government hand delivers thousands of weapons to dangerous drug cartels.
 
Old 03-24-2013, 11:16 AM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,943 posts, read 7,302,240 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
It strikes a good middle ground between not enough ammo, my .357 and a 33 round clip, besides it's factory ship size from Glock.
I can tell when you say "clip" that you have no idea how firearms function or operate. And for the record, civilians should be allowed to own an Abrahms tank if they can afford one.
 
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Colorado
2,561 posts, read 5,008,106 times
Reputation: 2223
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I've yet to ever see any lefty defend that record. Wash DC, Chicago, Detroit, LA, all have very restrictive firearms laws and yet some of the worse crime around.

More restrictive firearms laws=more crime.

I've also not seen any of the maryjijuanna smokers who are all about states rights for maryjuana yet want a totalitarian federal government for everything else come back into this thread and defend their awkward stance. As I predicted, they all bolted and hid.

Logic and facts always disarm these people.
I am one of those MJ, gun rights supporters who got so p1ssED that I vowed not to post on this thread anymore.
While I completely disagree with some of your other views; I believe that you are absolutely correct with regards to gun ownership and rights. We will not be any safer IMO if we remove or attempt to disarm people, 30 round clips or 10 rounds, who cares..ect I have argued on here and in person till I'm blue in the face with others. I just think getting back to work, getting back into fitness,gardening, and the ocasional joint is better for my blood pressure. I can argue with you about gay marriage or MJ use all day and all night..who benefits you or I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top