Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 04:16 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times

Advertisements

Re-opened for further comments.

Please STAY on the topic of the potential laws that are PROPOSED in the COLO legislature.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:22 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
I am now a criminal. For the first time in my recorded life, I am ashamed to be a Coloradan. Shame on you Colorado legislators. Thanks Mike.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
I am now a criminal. For the first time in my recorded life, I am ashamed to be a Coloradan. Shame on you Colorado legislators. Thanks Mike.
You're most welcome.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryDude View Post
May your chains rest lightly upon you-

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves, ... all men capable of bearing arms;..."
— "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic", 1788 (either Richard Henry Lee or Melancton Smith).

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
— Tench Coxe, 1788.

"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? If during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever was at hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt."
— Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Prize winner and author of The Gulag Archipelago, who spent 11 years in Soviet concentration camps.
All of which doesn't change the fact that the Second Amendment was written to provide for arming the National Guard (the Militia) for the common defense of the state. It was not intended to give redneck gunnuts the right to own and shoot any type of weapons they choose, or to carry out terrorist acts against the United States Government. More and more people are starting to wake up to that fact.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But the 2nd Amendment clearly states the "right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms..." National Guard is a function of government, so a rule banning non-national guard members from owning a gun violates the 2nd Amendment.
The right of the people to keep and bear arms necessary to the security of the state. Non Guard members are not relevant to the security of the free state, so the Second Amendment is not relevant to them. The Fact that the Second Amendment has been hijacked by the Gun Culture for their own agenda, is evidence that the amendment is completely obsolete, and should be repealed.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I'm ashamed as well.

I LOVE the double standard, though. It's OK to ignore immigration laws and it's OK to ignore federal MJ laws, but NOT OK when someone mentions that they plan to ignore these laws, once they are enacted.

I'm still a bit confused as to how these proposed laws will be enforced as well.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:30 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times
A legislature that passes a bill that grants additional benefits to illegal immigrants is very broken. I think the only hope is to vote out these clowns, they are obviously not listening to the people and just flying everything through that they want.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNative View Post
I would advise the OP of using a decidedly left-leaning City-Data audience to gauge the measurement of Coloradans opinions of any political issue.

A recent poll showed that roughly 2/3 of Coloradans don't like this package of gun bills.

Colorado Poll: Gun Control Politically Dangerous for Democrats | The Weekly Standard

Recalls are being organized against Democratic lawmakers from more conservative districts who supported the bills, and I suspect that the party will suffer seriously in 2014.
Yeah, The Weekly Standard is much more balanced then the City-Data Forums. You must be one of these people who actually believes that Fox News is "fair and balanced".

Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
All of which doesn't change the fact that the Second Amendment was written to provide for arming the National Guard (the Militia) for the common defense of the state. It was not intended to give redneck gunnuts the right to own and shoot any type of weapons they choose, or to carry out terrorist acts against the United States Government. More and more people are starting to wake up to that fact.
Bought my first gun at 15 back in 68 a 22 Ithica lever action with a 20 round tube mag under the barrel. So now 44years later I am a criminal if I sell it or don't register it,really? freaking lock me up already neighbor. Inventing criminals out of law abiding hard working tax paying citizens seems to be a new gov hobby. passing laws against us rather than dealing with the economy or other issues is so last year.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:11 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Unless you own a gun shop and don't follow the law you will not be a criminal based on what was just passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado